View Poll Results: What are the Raptors playoff odds?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

    2 3.39%
  • 90-10

    0 0%
  • 80-20

    1 1.69%
  • 70-30

    0 0%
  • 60-40

    3 5.08%
  • 50-50

    8 13.56%
  • 40-60

    8 13.56%
  • 30-70

    20 33.90%
  • 15-85

    13 22.03%
  • Definitely not

    4 6.78%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 101

Thread: Do you BELIEVE? Raptor playoff push

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Rookie Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I want the Raps to just miss. I don't see how getting swept by Miami and not giving up our pick in this weaker draft class would benefit us in the long run.

    That said, I still think there's a small chance they make it.

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mal wrote: View Post
    I want the Raps to just miss. I don't see how getting swept by Miami and not giving up our pick in this weaker draft class would benefit us in the long run.

    That said, I still think there's a small chance they make it.
    That would be ideal if Raptors are going to be a lottery team at some point in the next few seasons.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That would be ideal if Raptors are going to be a lottery team at some point in the next few seasons.
    "My motto: fuck lotto, ill get the seven digits from your mother for a dollar tomorrow"

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the Gay trade changes the logic in hoping for a near miss. This is going to be a playoff team next year, and the year after. Might as well get an extra asset now. In a worst-case scenario (nobody we like left to draft), we can send the pick to OKC on draft night for our future pick. I'm sure they'd be down with that, it would be a relatively high draft pick for them. In a best case scenario, somebody good falls to us, or we package the pick as part of a bigger draft night trade.

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    I think the Gay trade changes the logic in hoping for a near miss. This is going to be a playoff team next year, and the year after. Might as well get an extra asset now. In a worst-case scenario (nobody we like left to draft), we can send the pick to OKC on draft night for our future pick. I'm sure they'd be down with that, it would be a relatively high draft pick for them. In a best case scenario, somebody good falls to us, or we package the pick as part of a bigger draft night trade.
    Why would OKC do that? The pick is lottery guaranteed for the next 4 or 5 years, so OKC is more likely to sit and wait for Toronto to slip out of the play-offs and into a good lottery pick than to trade it back for what is guaranteed to not be in the lottery (if this is a trade being discussed, then obviously at that point we have made the play-offs and are talking about a pick in 15-17 range).

  6. #66
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Odds are inching upwards: http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

    25.4% according to Hollinger's formula.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  7. #67
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think at this point, with the way the team is playing, its a very realistic possibility.
    However, its also pretty common for a team to a see a post-trade boost; but this seems like more than that. Everyone seems to now believe they can beat anyone. Amazing what one player can do, eh?
    In Masai we Trust.

  8. #68
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I want to see how our team reacts when Memphis puts down the clamps defensively. Usually we choke. I wonder how the Raps 2.0 will deal with it.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  9. #69
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I think at this point, with the way the team is playing, its a very realistic possibility.
    However, its also pretty common for a team to a see a post-trade boost; but this seems like more than that. Everyone seems to now believe they can beat anyone. Amazing what one player can do, eh?
    The games against the Bucks will be crucial.

    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

    Josh Smith would like to play w/Monte Ellis & Brandon Jennings so Bucks trying to make trade w/out giving up Ellis.
    Interesting.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  10. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jennings, Ellis, AND Smith? Wow, that would hurt the Raptors playoff hopes

  11. #71
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The games against the Bucks will be crucial.

    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

    Josh Smith would like to play w/Monte Ellis & Brandon Jennings so Bucks trying to make trade w/out giving up Ellis.
    Interesting.
    Agreed about the Bucks. We need them to suck for the next little bit, while we get caught up.

    And about JSmoove, I also just read an article that said the Hawks are unlikely to trade Smith before the summer.
    Gotta love Trade Deadline media coverage! Haha
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Feb 20th, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
    In Masai we Trust.

  12. #72
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Jennings, Ellis, AND Smith? Wow, that would hurt the Raptors playoff hopes
    How about Raptors profit from it:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=av65s65

    Atlanta: Bargnani, Larry Sanders, Fields
    Toronto: Ilyasova, Udrih
    Millwaukee: Josh Smith, Pachulia, Anderson

    I think Atlanta is getting a good package for Smith and Pachulia,
    and Milwaukee gets to keep both Ellis + Jennings
    And Toronto does this for the most obvious reasons.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  13. #73
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    How about Raptors profit from it:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=av65s65

    Atlanta: Bargnani, Larry Sanders, Fields
    Toronto: Ilyasova, Udrih
    Millwaukee: Josh Smith, Pachulia, Anderson

    I think Atlanta is getting a good package for Smith and Pachulia,
    and Milwaukee gets to keep both Ellis + Jennings
    And Toronto does this for the most obvious reasons.
    There is no way they trade Sanders.... even for Smith. Sanders is turning in to a very rare commodity.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  14. #74
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    There is no way they trade Sanders.... even for Smith. Sanders is turning in to a very rare commodity.
    Well Sanders is what the Hawks would look for, and the Bucks have to give up SOMETHING of value in order to keep Ellis-Jennings-Smith, I think only for the opportunity to have that core, would the Bucks pull it.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  15. #75
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Well Sanders is what the Hawks would look for, and the Bucks have to give up SOMETHING of value in order to keep Ellis-Jennings-Smith, I think only for the opportunity to have that core, would the Bucks pull it.
    According to Marc Stein this morning, Atlanta wants Ellis & at least 1 big expiring contract (for Milwauke to get more contracts dumped on them). I think the Bucks are in a tough spot, trying to balance what Smith wants (in order to increase odds he stays) and what Atlanta wants (to make a Smith trade), with Ellis being the lynchpin. Personally, if I were Milwaukee, I'd trade Ellis to Atlanta - a lineup of Sanders, Smith, Ilyasova and Jennings, with Henson in reserve, is pretty decent.

    Stein says Atlanta wants expiring deals and picks for Smith.

    I get the feeling that Smith is one of those 'first domino' type players, that is holding up other potential deals. The next day+ should be exciting for NBA fans!

  16. #76
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Well Sanders is what the Hawks would look for, and the Bucks have to give up SOMETHING of value in order to keep Ellis-Jennings-Smith, I think only for the opportunity to have that core, would the Bucks pull it.
    I agree but I just don't think it is Sanders. No offense intended.

    I would think Harris, Henson, and either an expring like Dalembert or Udrih OR Ilyasova plus a 1st rd pick.

    2 prospects, cap relief or signed talented player, pick
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  17. #77
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bucks untouchables appear to be Sanders, Jennings and Henson. This was mentioned on ESPN as well:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ar-untouchable

    Yet amid all of those talks, sources say, Jennings has moved alongside Larry Sanders and John Henson on the Bucks’ list of near-untouchables. This is despite Jennings’ widely presumed desire to leave Milwaukee in free agency this summer after failing to seal a contract extension in October like fellow point guards Jrue Holiday, Steph Curry and Ty Lawson and then changing agents earlier this month.
    No way they trade Sanders for a guy that may not resign.

  18. #78
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wouldn't do this. If they get J Smoove. Now they have two players likely to leave

  19. #79
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

    Raps have moved up to 32.1%!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  20. #80
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Who'd a thought. My apologies to all the true believers.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •