i dont think Baltic is trying to be a troll right now, cant say ive seen any of his other posts though.. i can tell that his english isnt so good & he does come of as a troll at times. like the raps he prob could communicate a bit better
1. Miami's strength is the ability to disrupt passing lanes, pressure on the ball, blitz the pick and roll. The way to beat them is -- (a) beat them up down low on the block with a legitimate post scorer, or (b) hope they come in as tired/cocky team willing to half ass their way to a win. Unfortunately, the Heat likes to show up to games against former teams & they like the challenge of cockblocking a team that is being hyped.
2. I like the wing pairing of Demar and Rudy. Unfortunately, this new style of play is kind of like resetting the button in terms of offensive plays, timing and communication. They look lost on offense and I expected it. The way the Raptors played before the trade, they relied on continuity that is generated from the high post horns action. It would take a while for someone to get acclimated to set plays especially when he is a centrepiece of the offense.
3. I think Lowry is good, but damn, I wish he was 2 inches taller. He's so short and he plays grounded too. It's kind of easy to trap him when he gets inside. I can see that he is trying to adjust his game and mold it into a facilitator. It's an honest attempt at it.
4. Amir disappointed tonight. Our bench was no where to be found.
5. We are one more post player and a couple rotation players away from being a legitimate playoff team, in my opinion. I'm hoping for someone like David West.
6. I can pretty much see this season as over but I will be excited to watch the rest of the season. Boston, since Rondo's injury, has not lost a game yet (although I'm not 100% sure on that). People like to write them off but you can't handle the truth. At the end of the day, they have 2 sure fire hall of famers who will do whatever it takes to have one last shot. If a team outside of the current top 8 is to make it, I expect the Hawks to fall out, not the Celtics.
ďI donít create controversies. Theyíre there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.Ē
-- Charles Barkley
Meh. Story of this game and really the story of the Raps season: LACK OF EXECUTION IN THE 4TH Q.
Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan
Man, dissapointing loss and all, but Gay and Demar are pretty fun to watch together. I was skeptical as how they would play together, but they seem to be bringing the best out of eachother. I love watching Demar get to the line so much.
I couldn't watch the game because I'm travelling today. But I can look at the play-by-play.
4:09 86-83 Rudy Gay enters the game for Alan Anderson
At 4:09 our brand new 'closer', a great offensive player who can also play legit defense on the big 3s in the league, comes in. The rest of the way, we score 2 points and give up 14.
with NO true post presence to speak of miami clearly figured they could cheat off the bigs & pressure the passing lanes & take away the driving lanes...& it clearly worked as we turned the ball over way too much
Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sun Feb 3rd, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
God dammit amir. a game against a soft player like bosh and a team with no good big men should have been what he needed to get something positive going. what happened? I just got up and just saw the box score. good game by demar though. and val only got 5 minutes?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)