No announcement yet.

Game-Time: Raptors vs. Heat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree completely. The only thing that worries me is depth. We went from having the best backup PG in the league to possibly the worst, and until JV regains his form, we have almost zero depth at the 4 and 5. If we get into foul trouble like yesterday and have to rely on Lucas, Gray and Anderson, we're in trouble.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
      i've been firmly on team "Trade bargs"... BUT...

unless they pick up another PF who's a 3 pt threat..... i think you have to start bargs with demar, rudy, and lowry..

they shot an abysmal 20% or something like that last night from 3 pt range... that's effing UNACCEPTABLE when you have 3 players who thrive on creating their own shots and dribble penetration...

if you have three guys who're going to take it in the paint and attack the basket... you NEED somebody camped out on the 3 pt line...

you need somebody to kick it out to when the lane gets crowded..

you need somebody to draw the defending bigs out of the paint..

or else you're just throwing your mosquitos at the windshield.

and if we're intent on starting lowry, demar, and gay together... the outside threat has to come from our bigs...

or else the blueprint for defending the raps is simple, crowd the paint, because they aren't going to do a damn thing from the outside
      miami didnt clog the paint.. they actually pressured the backcourt into suffication...they consistantly left our bigs in the paint to disrupt the passing lanes & take away the driving lanes, what we really need is a post pressence..miami consistantly doubled off our bigs & it killed us..

Comment

• It was a good game yesterday. There is no need to hang heads.

Considering how strong Miami came out from the gate. I think the team performed as well as would be expected from a roster that still needs to bond. A couple of breaks our way, and it could of been our game, nothing to be ashamed about.
        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Mon Feb 4, 2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
          It was a good game yesterday. There is no need to hang heads.

Considering how strong Miami came out from the gate, it was surprising we only lost by 3. I think the team performed as well as would be expected from a roster that still needs to bond. A couple of breaks our way, and it could of been our game, nothing to be ashamed about.
          did u watch the game??? we lost by 15.....100-85

Comment

• Well said. The Heat had every reason to bury us yesterday. Just went 0-2 to the Pacers. Needed overtime to beat us last time. Throw in that they're playing in Bosh's old house. We matched them offense for offense, defense for defense for 44 minutes. You can say they turned it on or just that their shots starting falling and ours didn't. But on pure talent, it should never have been that close. It should be an interesting game against Boston.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post

LOL, I did, sorry my brain is foggy this morning, still nursing the hangover... lol thinking superbowl

Comment

Yes. The game was incredibly close for 95% of it. Miami went on a run in the last two minutes to inflate the score but the game was a lot closer than the final score indicates.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Yes. The game was incredibly close for 95% of it. Miami went on a run in the last two minutes to inflate the score but the game was a lot closer than the final score indicates.
                  the game was lost right out of halftime... the score did stay close till halfway through the 4th so i give u that

Comment

• I was happy with how we played for most of the game, they were just a much more talented team.

Comment

LOL, I did, sorry my brain is foggy this morning, still nursing the hangover... lol thinking superbowl
                      i know what u mean LOL i didnt watch the superbowl but mondays are always a detox day for me & i rarley get much accomplished at work LOL

Comment

the game was lost right out of halftime... the score did stay close till halfway through the 4th so i give u that
                        Yea Miami was in control for the better part of the second half. The Raptors managed to somewhat keep up with them, but it was pretty clear that unless there was a massive shift in momentum (unlikely), or our scrubs started playing like All Stars, there wasn't much of a chance that Miami was letting the Raptors regain the lead.

Comment

• the game was lost the moment they called two terrible fouls. one on amir for the chalmers flop on the rebound and then the non existant one on lowry. both had to sit with 4 which completely took us out of the game

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                            Yea Miami was in control for the better part of the second half. The Raptors managed to somewhat keep up with them, but it was pretty clear that unless there was a massive shift in momentum (unlikely), or our scrubs started playing like All Stars, there wasn't much of a chance that Miami was letting the Raptors regain the lead.

For all the talk about our subs, I thought they did a commendable job keeping us in the game. It was a very good effort by Miami.

You could tell by Bosh's and Jame's body language that this game was more than a regular season game to them. It was obvious Bosh wanted to remind his former team about his position in the hall of fame. When Bosh put it out of reach, James added a few extra scoops, and we were done.

I too got the feeling that Miami was playing with PO intensity, for personal reasons. We played them very well for most of the game, statistically you have to expect a lapse or two, and ours came with Gay sitting on the bench getting a badly needed breather.

The first half was very impressive, our defensive effort against Miami, showed this teams potential, we can turn it on against the very best. Sustaining it against Miami for 48 minutes is asking too much, their horses are going to show their talent eventually, but we did more than okay, it was obvious that they had to play hard to beat us, and they did just that. (there were few jokes on their sidelines, did not see smiles till the very end, we were tough on them for most of the game)
                            Last edited by BasketballCrush; Mon Feb 4, 2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

miami didnt clog the paint.. they actually pressured the backcourt into suffication...they consistantly left our bigs in the paint to disrupt the passing lanes & take away the driving lanes, what we really need is a post pressence..miami consistantly doubled off our bigs & it killed us..
                              ya, that's the reason that i didnt bring up the awful passing... the reality is, it would have taken an upper echelon pure PG to break them there... which we don't have..

i'm not stuck on this "we need bargs' shooting" idea... up until yesterday, i was firmly grounded in "get him the hell out of here"...

but we DO need shooters... i'll accept "trade bargs, and put Ross in as the starting 2" as an alternative... at least he's a marginally better shooter

Comment

For all the talk about our subs, I thought they did a commendable job keeping us in the game. It was a very good effort by Miami.

You could tell by Bosh's and Jame's body language that this game was more than a regular season game to them. It was obvious Bosh wanted to remind his former team about his position in the hall of fame. When Bosh put it out of reach, James added a few extra scoops, and we were done.

I too got the feeling that Miami was playing with PO intensity, for personal reasons. We played them very well for most of the game, statistically you have to expect a lapse or two, and ours came Gay sitting on the bench getting a badly needed breather.

The first half was very impressive, our defensive effort against Miami, showed this teams potential, we can turn it on against the very best. Sustaining it against Miami for 48 minutes is asking too much, their horses are going to show their talent eventually, but we did more than okay, it was obvious that they had to play hard to beat us, and they did just that. (there were few jokes on their sidelines, did not see smiles till the very end, we were tough on them for most of the game)
                                must be the superbowl hangover again LOL our bench scored 11pts combined & were pretty much non existant in this game..

Comment

Working...
                                X