Game-Time: Raptors vs. Heat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
    Poor Matt52's magic number changed to 11 ...
    It has.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Eh i agree with getting another bigman but not the rest. We have a lot of High IQ players and good passers, but the reality is that we just got outplayed by the defending NBA CHAMPIONS.
      Maybe we have different standarts of good passer. Actually Gay is probably the best passer in this team now and that's not good at all. By good passer, I have an idea of such creators as Lerbron, Manu, Rondo and so on. It's shouldn't be superstar, look at Manu for example.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
        I completely agree. Amir was tired and JV was.... a rookie. AB would have given Bosh more to worry about, and would have eaten up Birdman.
        Also this is a win win situation right now. Bargnani comes off the bench the next few games and we let him go off against the opposing teams second unit. This will not only help our bench scoring but it will also increase his trade value. Then we pack him with AA or Fields and trade for a PF and back Pg

Comment

• BalticGiants wrote: View Post
          Maybe we have different standarts of good passer. Actually Gay is probably the best passer in this team now and that's not good at all. By good passer, I have an idea of such creators as Lerbron, Manu, Rondo and so on. It's shouldn't be superstar, look at Manu for example.
          Yea...

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Nice to see the troll has come back out of his hole after disappearing last night about 10 mins in to the Clippers game.
            I'm not troll, I wish you luck guys, I'm just saying alternative opinion here and maybe sometimes a bit too harsh Sorry, again.

Comment

• BalticGiants wrote: View Post
              Unfortunately this board is also filled with a lot of blind NBA fans. Do you really can't see that this organization is going nowhere and actually JV is the only sure case srious player? (he'll show that not sooner than his 3rd season though). Raptors do not do any moves for the future. They adding only scorers with low IQ. Look at winning teams and learn something. Christ, I don't even care if JV will be succesful in Raptors, he will find his ways as he has all he needs in him, but Raptors are going nowhere and it's funny how many fans here (and even more in other boards) are delusional.

I can tell you one thing. Adding such player as Alexey Shved would probably be more serious try to build a serious core for the future than adding Rudy Gay.
              Its the grumpy old troll who lives under the bridge!

Comment

Its the grumpy old troll who lives under the bridge!

Haha +1

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Man these reactions piss me off. Raps played so well tonight, lost to the better team who turned up the defensive intensity in the 3rd. Our passing slowed to a halt when they congested the passing lanes; this was a Heat victory, not a Raptor loss.
                  +1

KHD wrote: View Post
                  Jesus Christ the negativity on this board is unreal. Did you guys actually prefer our roster pre-trade, or are you just angry all the time? (EDIT: Based on the post counts, I'd actually just assume you're a bunch of trolls.)

We're not a good team yet, but we lost to the best team in the conference. We've got a new man that shows signs of potentially being our centrepiece. What more can you ask for at this point in the season?
                  +2

Comment

• Great points, DoNDaDDa......

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                    peoples opinions of this team changes faster then delonte wests moods... is raptor nation bi-polar? seasons are full of ups & downs for every team...some people just need to chill with the knee jerk reactions to games...

it was a tough loss, raps came out flat in the second half & good teams see that & go for the kill.. we need better movement on offence.. obviously we need better production from Lowry/JL3, & Anderson needs to take a back seat for a bit, & we need a legit post threat.. we seen today how a defence can sufficate the passing/driving lanes when theres no offence comming from the post.

i think they fought back nicely in the first half considering the slow start..but like DC said this is a process & i dont think thats changed since rudy got here...if anything the process has kinda been reset a bit since we need to adapt the game plans & sets a bit with rudy here

bottom line is this team is better now then it was tuesday.. we just need to ajust our rotations & set plays a bit & ratchet up the energy level closer to the way it was against the Clippers
                    .... Go f*ck yourself, DoNDaDDa.

Comment

• i dont think Baltic is trying to be a troll right now, cant say ive seen any of his other posts though.. i can tell that his english isnt so good & he does come of as a troll at times. like the raps he prob could communicate a bit better

Comment

Great points, DoNDaDDa......

.... Go f*ck yourself, DoNDaDDa.
                        which one is it? go f myself or good points? LOL

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          which one is it? go f myself or good points? LOL
                          Both of course!

RR Forums are also known as Bi-Polar "R" Us.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Also this is a win win situation right now. Bargnani comes off the bench the next few games and we let him go off against the opposing teams second unit. This will not only help our bench scoring but it will also increase his trade value. Then we pack him with AA or Fields and trade for a PF and back Pg
                            With Gay allowing the team to go small sometimes, I don't mind a front court of Amir, AB, JV and Gray. AB and Amir are actually okay playing together. Gay, DD and Bargnani would create all sorts of match-up problems for most teams.

Comment

• 1. Miami's strength is the ability to disrupt passing lanes, pressure on the ball, blitz the pick and roll. The way to beat them is -- (a) beat them up down low on the block with a legitimate post scorer, or (b) hope they come in as tired/cocky team willing to half ass their way to a win. Unfortunately, the Heat likes to show up to games against former teams & they like the challenge of cockblocking a team that is being hyped.

2. I like the wing pairing of Demar and Rudy. Unfortunately, this new style of play is kind of like resetting the button in terms of offensive plays, timing and communication. They look lost on offense and I expected it. The way the Raptors played before the trade, they relied on continuity that is generated from the high post horns action. It would take a while for someone to get acclimated to set plays especially when he is a centrepiece of the offense.

3. I think Lowry is good, but damn, I wish he was 2 inches taller. He's so short and he plays grounded too. It's kind of easy to trap him when he gets inside. I can see that he is trying to adjust his game and mold it into a facilitator. It's an honest attempt at it.

4. Amir disappointed tonight. Our bench was no where to be found.

5. We are one more post player and a couple rotation players away from being a legitimate playoff team, in my opinion. I'm hoping for someone like David West.

6. I can pretty much see this season as over but I will be excited to watch the rest of the season. Boston, since Rondo's injury, has not lost a game yet (although I'm not 100% sure on that). People like to write them off but you can't handle the truth. At the end of the day, they have 2 sure fire hall of famers who will do whatever it takes to have one last shot. If a team outside of the current top 8 is to make it, I expect the Hawks to fall out, not the Celtics.
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Meh. Story of this game and really the story of the Raps season: LACK OF EXECUTION IN THE 4TH Q.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X