Game-Time: Raptors vs. Heat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    ya, that's the reason that i didnt bring up the awful passing... the reality is, it would have taken an upper echelon pure PG to break them there... which we don't have..

i'm not stuck on this "we need bargs' shooting" idea... up until yesterday, i was firmly grounded in "get him the hell out of here"...

but we DO need shooters... i'll accept "trade bargs, and put Ross in as the starting 2" as an alternative... at least he's a marginally better shooter
    The Raptors need better ball movement and sets.

Also with the ball movement and sets, the ball needs to get in to the hands of people who can actually score in a position to score. Great ball movement to Gay for a missed layup is not awesome and what is the point - why not JV especially against a 'slim' front court of the HEAT? Receiving the ball and holding it just to decide you need to give it to someone else is a waste of a touch. Getting the ball in a position where you have to create off the dribble (*cough*DD*cough*) only to end up doing a little pump and head fake that the defense has well scouted and then giving to a teammate with 4 seconds on the shot clock is pointless. AA creating is just wrong.

Better sets and ball movement, please. Thank you.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      I kinda feel bad for Alan Anderson ... dude worked his BUTT off to the point where he would have gotten a significant raise in the off-season if he kept playing the way he was, pre-Rudy Gay.. but now that Gay is here, Anderson is completely sh*tting the bed, to the point where any value he may have built-up is slowly rotting away.
      I think every GM in the league is weary of a journey man putting up average numbers on a shit team. In my opinion, his goal was to get something guaranteed for more than 1 year and it likely would be/would have been/will be minimum.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        The Raptors need better ball movement and sets.

Also with the ball movement and sets, the ball needs to get in to the hands of people who can actually score in a position to score. Great ball movement to Gay for a missed layup is not awesome and what is the point - why not JV especially against a 'slim' front court of the HEAT? Receiving the ball and holding it just to decide you need to give it to someone else is a waste of a touch. Getting the ball in a position where you have to create off the dribble (*cough*DD*cough*) only to end up doing a little pump and head fake that the defense has well scouted and then giving to a teammate with 4 seconds on the shot clock is pointless. AA creating is just wrong.

Better sets and ball movement, please. Thank you.
        can't argue with that.. spot on.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
          can't argue with that.. spot on.
          I haven't seen you in this part of the forums in a while. Welcome back!

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            I haven't seen you in this part of the forums in a while. Welcome back!
            i get busy at work... and when it gets too busy in the main forum, threads tend to fill up faster than i can keep track while actually having things to do... so i stick to the much slower moving alternate forums during them times...

i've been bored at work lately. lol

Comment

Working...
            X