Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 335

Thread: Game-Time: Raptors vs. Heat!

  1. #221
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tough loss but a great game by DeRozan and Gay, although their field goal % are pretty low, jacked too many shots instead of playing the team game. We are gonna sure miss Jose Calderon, Lowry looked amazing in the first quarter but became chucker and dished only 1 ast, come on. Val, is his head in the game cause he looked lost, no point in saying. If he continues to play like this, I'm afraid BC might trade him for a well established center. Can't wait to see Bargs in the lineups to boost his stocks, perhaps we will make one last final move to the roster before the deadline. Gay and DeRozan are just not enough to defeat the Blazing Heat. Good game by CB4 though, the crowd did not boo him as hard as it used to be and I could swear the fans were cheering for the Heat at the end of the game.

  2. #222
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Heat broadcaster CLEARLY said the Raptor's are starting to realize how vauable Jose was. This was mid way in the 4th when Lowry & Lucas had a total of 3 assists. TOGETHER.

    Adding Barg's to what we saw against the eat tonight will be a death wish.
    Suicide it's a suicide .... budda bye bye.

  3. #223
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anderson and Lucas are 1-6 and 1-7. When these guys score it's great, but they have no consistency and they killed us tonight. Ross only had 2 good games and he keeps shooting as if he was 50% from 3pt. Lowry, 10 points, 5 TO, 4 (late) assists, let's say he had a bad game.
    Good effort by DD and RD, first time of the season we have 2 players over 25pts. Clearly the effect of not having a PG distributing the balls anymore. Valenciunas also suffers from that situation and seems a bit lost.

  4. #224
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,833
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Tough loss but a great game by DeRozan and Gay, although their field goal % are pretty low, jacked too many shots instead of playing the team game. We are gonna sure miss Jose Calderon, Lowry looked amazing in the first quarter but became chucker and dished only 1 ast, come on. Val, is his head in the game cause he looked lost, no point in saying. If he continues to play like this, I'm afraid BC might trade him for a well established center. Can't wait to see Bargs in the lineups to boost his stocks, perhaps we will make one last final move to the roster before the deadline. Gay and DeRozan are just not enough to defeat the Blazing Heat. Good game by CB4 though, the crowd did not boo him as hard as it used to be and I could swear the fans were cheering for the Heat at the end of the game.
    Val is coming off an injury genius.

  5. #225
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phez wrote: View Post
    lol using THE HEAT as an excuse. reminder that THE HEAT have lost to the likes of detroit, washington, milwaukee. and raptors taking them them to OT last time out.
    Seriously. People trying to make it seem like the heat have never lost a game or some shit.

    And Val has always been underwhelming. Sorry but loading up the team with underachieving euro players has just been horrible.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Sun Feb 3rd, 2013 at 04:54 PM.

  6. #226
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,833
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phez wrote: View Post
    lol using THE HEAT as an excuse. reminder that THE HEAT have lost to the likes of detroit, washington, milwaukee. and raptors taking them them to OT last time out.
    Rudy Gay had one practice and our team is banged up. Its a valid excuse

  7. #227
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jesus Christ the negativity on this board is unreal. Did you guys actually prefer our roster pre-trade, or are you just angry all the time? (EDIT: Based on the post counts, I'd actually just assume you're a bunch of trolls.)

    We're not a good team yet, but we lost to the best team in the conference. We've got a new man that shows signs of potentially being our centrepiece. What more can you ask for at this point in the season?

  8. #228
    Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Great game, but we kinda are still missing that pass first PG, not saying that we should rid ourselves of Lowry, but a pass first backup would be ideal.

  9. #229
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Man these reactions piss me off. Raps played so well tonight, lost to the better team who turned up the defensive intensity in the 3rd. Our passing slowed to a halt when they congested the passing lanes; this was a Heat victory, not a Raptor loss.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  10. #230
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Seriously. People trying to make it seem like the heat have never lost a game or some shit.

    And Val has always been underwhelming.
    I'm not going to defend Val too much, but it's hard to call him underwhelming. He certainly needs to develop, but his fundamentals are way more solid than a player like Drummond. And it's also frustrating with Jose gone, because tonight nobody ever gave him the ball, including sometimes when he was rolling open, and sometimes when he had deep post position on guys like Bosh and Haslem. It's been a problem all season because he's actually very good at rolling, and making himself big down low.

  11. #231
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Man these reactions piss me off. Raps played so well tonight, lost to the better team who turned up the defensive intensity in the 3rd. Our passing slowed to a halt when they congested the passing lanes; this was a Heat victory, not a Raptor loss.
    +1

    I don't really see a reason for such rage right now.

  12. #232
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Jesus Christ the negativity on this board is unreal. Did you guys actually prefer our roster pre-trade, or are you just angry all the time? (EDIT: Based on the post counts, I'd actually just assume you're a bunch of trolls.)

    We're not a good team yet, but we lost to the best team in the conference. We've got a new man that shows signs of potentially being our centrepiece. What more can you ask for at this point in the season?
    +1

  13. #233
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Seriously. People trying to make it seem like the heat have never lost a game or some shit.

    And Val has always been underwhelming. Sorry but loading up the team with underachieving euro players has just been horrible.
    Val is coming off an injury, looks a bit rusty, sure. But, he has not "always been underwhelming". He played great at the start of the year and I am confident he can return to that form. It is tough to just play well right away after not playing for a while. Give the kid a break.

  14. #234
    Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,028
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Poor Matt52's magic number changed to 11 ...

  15. #235
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    +1

    I don't really see a reason for such rage right now.
    It was a bad game. The only good thing was derozan getting to the line. Other than that, his shots were horrid along with the rest of the team tonight. Gay racked up record numbers for himself but gave away a ton of missed shots.

  16. #236
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,833
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Seriously. People trying to make it seem like the heat have never lost a game or some shit.

    And Val has always been underwhelming.
    You newbies need to learn a thing or two about basketball before you start posting nonesense everywhere. Val is coming off an injury(a Broken hand) and the Heat just lost against indiana the other night so they were looking to win this game. They might have lost a couple of games to lesser teams but that doesn't mean that all of a sudden everyone can beat them.

  17. #237
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,001
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gay and DeMar both played well against a strong defensive team PERIOD. It's like people didn't watch the game. The bench let us down tonight. Lowry could've played a crisper game.

  18. #238
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Unfortunately this board is also filled with a lot of blind NBA fans. Do you really can't see that this organization is going nowhere and actually JV is the only sure case srious player? (he'll show that not sooner than his 3rd season though). Raptors do not do any moves for the future. They adding only scorers with low IQ. Look at winning teams and learn something. Christ, I don't even care if JV will be succesful in Raptors, he will find his ways as he has all he needs in him, but Raptors are going nowhere and it's funny how many fans here (and even more in other boards) are delusional.

    I can tell you one thing. Adding such player as Alexey Shved would probably be more serious try to build a serious core for the future than adding Rudy Gay.

  19. #239
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    Gay and DeMar both played well against a strong defensive team PERIOD. It's like people didn't watch the game. The bench let us down tonight. Lowry could've played a crisper game.
    Yep.

    For me, I'm not expecting playoffs this season. I'll be looking to see what kind of moves this team can make, at the deadline or in the offseason, to build up around Gay et al. So for me, seeing Derozan and Gay play well against a fired-up Miami defence is encouraging.

  20. #240
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,833
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would understand raging if we lost to a crappier team but this is a bit much.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •