Game-Time: Raptors vs. Heat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BalticGiants wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately this board is also filled with a lot of blind NBA fans. Do you really can't see that this organization is going nowhere and actually JV is the only sure case srious player? (he'll show that not sooner than his 3rd season though). Raptors do not do any moves for the future. They adding only scorers with low IQ. Look at winning teams and learn something. Christ, I don't even care if JV will be succesful in Raptors, he will find his ways as he has all he needs in him, but Raptors are going nowhere and it's funny how many fans here (and even more in other boards) are delusional.

I can tell you one thing. Adding such player as Alexey Shved would probably be more serious try to build a serious core for the future than adding Rudy Gay.

Comment

• If we started from Day 1 with this roster we would be a playoff team. It might be a bit late now, but it will be nice to see this team gel in the offseason. Add a few pieces and this team could be really good.

Comment

Unfortunately this board is also filled with a lot of blind NBA fans. Do you really can't see that this organization is going nowhere and actually JV is the only sure case srious player? (he'll show that not sooner than his 3rd season though). Raptors do not do any moves for the future. They adding only scorers with low IQ. Look at winning teams and learn something. Christ, I don't even care if JV will be succesful in Raptors, he will find his ways as he has all he needs in him, but Raptors are going nowhere and it's funny how many fans here (and even more in other boards) are delusional.

I can tell you one thing. Adding such player as Alexey Shved would probably be more serious try to build a serious core for the future than adding Rudy Gay.
        If you don't like it leave. No ones forcing you to stick around, and btw this organization IS going in the right direction. We aren't blindly following along, we are cheering for the team we love and we see the potential and talent on it. Unlike you negative fair weather fans, who try to find every opportunity to bash this team. And we didn't lose this game cause of the starters, it was the garbage bench play from Lucas and Anderson, and the turnovers.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Man these reactions piss me off. Raps played so well tonight, lost to the better team who turned up the defensive intensity in the 3rd. Our passing slowed to a halt when they congested the passing lanes; this was a Heat victory, not a Raptor loss.
          KHD wrote: View Post
          Jesus Christ the negativity on this board is unreal. Did you guys actually prefer our roster pre-trade, or are you just angry all the time? (EDIT: Based on the post counts, I'd actually just assume you're a bunch of trolls.)

We're not a good team yet, but we lost to the best team in the conference. We've got a new man that shows signs of potentially being our centrepiece. What more can you ask for at this point in the season?
          Please see that the GLARING issues that the HEAT exposed are going to be the same issues we carry with us. Our early performance this season make EVERY GAME at this point critical in order to make the playoffs. If you have given up on this year I understand, but we have no time to WAIT for them to blend. They have to get it together NOW, figure it out on the fly and make the playoffs. I don't care who they face. They have to find a way to win. Can't blame the refs tonight. They had the lead and lost it. They took bad shots....they came in with NO PLAN (Casey's fault)....and a close game looked like a beat down.

Of course they are the best in the East....but we can't afford to lose.
          Last edited by RepRaptorsintheUSA; Sun Feb 3, 2013, 06:11 PM. Reason: and another thing

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            +1

Comment

• peoples opinions of this team changes faster then delonte wests moods... is raptor nation bi-polar? seasons are full of ups & downs for every team...some people just need to chill with the knee jerk reactions to games...

it was a tough loss, raps came out flat in the second half & good teams see that & go for the kill.. we need better movement on offence.. obviously we need better production from Lowry/JL3, & Anderson needs to take a back seat for a bit, & we need a legit post threat.. we seen today how a defence can sufficate the passing/driving lanes when theres no offence comming from the post.

i think they fought back nicely in the first half considering the slow start..but like DC said this is a process & i dont think thats changed since rudy got here...if anything the process has kinda been reset a bit since we need to adapt the game plans & sets a bit with rudy here

bottom line is this team is better now then it was tuesday.. we just need to ajust our rotations & set plays a bit & ratchet up the energy level closer to the way it was against the Clippers
              Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sun Feb 3, 2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Sorry, I should expressed my self more politely. It's just my opinion. Very simple thing - strong, serious playoffs teams should have fundamental big man and high IQ passing players. JV will become fundamental big man one day, but Raptors has no single hight IQ, passing players and they never invest for that, thats obvious. I just think it's a wrong way to go.

Comment

• Man AA and to a lesser degree Lowry played like pure deer poop
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Idk what you guys think but i think AB off the bench would have completely changed the story. He would have went off against Miami's shitty second unit.

Comment

Sorry, I should expressed my self more politely. It's just my opinion. Very simple thing - strong, serious playoffs teams should have fundamental big man and high IQ passing players. JV will become fundamental big man one day, but Raptors has no single hight IQ, passing players and they never invest for that, thats obvious. I just think it's a wrong way to go.
                      & your opinion is no less valid then anyone else's.. we do need a legit big man in the post & val will become a solid NBAer in a couple of years but i cant say i agree with much else u said

Comment

Sorry, I should expressed my self more politely. It's just my opinion. Very simple thing - strong, serious playoffs teams should have fundamental big man and high IQ passing players. JV will become fundamental big man one day, but Raptors has no single hight IQ, passing players and they never invest for that, thats obvious. I just think it's a wrong way to go.
                        Eh i agree with getting another bigman but not the rest. We have a lot of High IQ players and good passers, but the reality is that we just got outplayed by the defending NBA CHAMPIONS.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          Man AA and to a lesser degree Lowry played like pure deer poop
                          I agree. AA was absolutely awful. Bad TOs, stupid shots, bad karma. When you already have DD and Gay, you don't need AA trying to play that game. Fields might have been a better option. Certainly, I would have liked to see more DD, Gay and Ross and less of AA. Just brutal.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Idk what you guys think but i think AB off the bench would have completely changed the story. He would have went off against Miami's shitty second unit.
                            I completely agree. Amir was tired and JV was.... a rookie. AB would have given Bosh more to worry about, and would have eaten up Birdman.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              It all comes down to the way Anderson and Lucas played. They have to be taken at the reigns. These guys dominate the ball way to much when they are in
                              And Lowry. Lowry played dogshit.

I don't understand why AA is out there. Ross is playing better - which is not saying much - but he is. AA has shown the last few games why he was overseas and in the D-League until last year. I think he is a decent 5th wing on a team but he is doing waaaaaaaaaaay too much. The wing rotation should be Gay-DD-Ross-Fields in that order. I hope next year, if DD is still with the team, it becomes Gay-Ross-DD-Fields.

Comment

Of well, they got Price right? That's basically the same - a great team player. I mean, I can see why Grizzlies let Gay go. Not saying it's bad for such team as Raptors, but that's not much if you expect to build serious team...
                                Nice to see the troll has come back out of his hole after disappearing last night about 10 mins in to the Clippers game.

Comment

Working...
                                X