Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DON'T Get me wrong i like the energy of this team BUT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DON'T Get me wrong i like the energy of this team BUT....

Is it me already two games in and i miss the assists Calderon provided...I mean 2 assists tonight between our 2 point guards is ridiculous...When the bottom fell out in the 4th we became a jump shooting team that couldnt hit a jump shot and Lowry kept turning over the ball. I'm Begging in what ever trade we do to shed AB from the team can we please get a pass first point guard to at least offset the bad decision making PG's we currently have...We really could have won this game and at one point in the Heat broadcast they even mentioned the fact that we are getting no assists production for the PG's..

Thoughts

Rap4Life wrote: View Post
    Is it me already two games in and i miss the assists Calderon provided...I mean 2 assists tonight between our 2 point guards is ridiculous...When the bottom fell out in the 4th we became a jump shooting team that couldnt hit a jump shot and Lowry kept turning over the ball. I'm Begging in what ever trade we do to shed AB from the team can we please get a pass first point guard to at least offset the bad decision making PG's we currently have...We really could have won this game and at one point in the Heat broadcast they even mentioned the fact that we are getting no assists production for the PG's..

Thoughts
    I agree. I hope BC can put together a trade by the deadline that brings in a solid backup pg and pf

Comment

Totally agree. Lowry still has a lot to do to prove that he's the long-term solution at PG, and in the meantime, any backup has to be a solid pass-first guy for sure.

Comment

Lowry def. looks out of it, hope that its nothing too serious & he can step it up but ive not seen enough from him so far to say that im comfortable moving forward as is at the PG spot

Comment

Maybe try to get eric maynor, luke ridnour, or steve blake?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Maybe try to get eric maynor, luke ridnour, or steve blake?
            not seen much of Maynor so cant comment on him... i like ridnour but the only way id even consider blake is it netted us pau in the same transaction

Comment

Another couple games and we may need to start #Bringbackocho

Comment

While I agree that a backup PG needs to be addressed....GIVE IT MORE THAN TWO GAMES BEFORE YOU LOSE YOUR SHIT, PEOPLE. DO NOT count on the playoffs this year. If it happens great. The style of play has changed. Let's give the people that have been playing basketball since the age of 10 more than 96 minutes to figure some shit out
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

qb5PHILA@hotmail.com wrote: View Post
                  Another couple games and we may need to start #Bringbackocho
                  +1

Comment

someone start thread resign Jose in offseason... I feel bad Jose doesn't have the chance to lead with Rudy Demar and Bargnani he would have a field day

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      While I agree that a backup PG needs to be addressed....GIVE IT MORE THAN TWO GAMES BEFORE YOU LOSE YOUR SHIT, PEOPLE. DO NOT count on the playoffs this year. If it happens great. The style of play has changed. Let's give the people that have been playing basketball since the age of 10 more than 96 minutes to figure some shit out
                      I am not a knee jerk reaction type of guy, I like Lowry, but have my doubts about his leading a team. He simply has not shown that he is able to make anything happen for his teammates and that is not just the past two games. I understand the business part of the game and think that losing Jose and Davis for Gay was a good deal for us overall, but it is tough to watch the team struggle to move the ball. When Derozan and Johnson are you best passers that doesn't fill me with confidence.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                        someone start thread resign Jose in offseason... I feel bad Jose doesn't have the chance to lead with Rudy Demar and Bargnani he would have a field day
                        The Spin Doctor traded Jose twice (OK, once + one trade that was vetoed by MJ) so I doubt Jose will be eager to resign with the Raptors.

Comment

But you have to consider that Bledsoe is a helluva on the ball defender, and the Heat, when they feel like it (which they did today) are fantastic at putting pressure on the ball. I'm not surprised that Lowry's assists were low these past two games.

One thing that does look a little scary, though: without Jose feeding him on pick and rolls, Amir looks completely useless on offence. Hopefully this is partly due to his flu.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Time to move on.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              Two games? Lowry has been on our team all year. I count all the games I've seen from him when I say that he still needs to do a lot to convince me he's the PG of the future, rather than just a good value stopgap.

Comment

Working...
                              X