Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DON'T Get me wrong i like the energy of this team BUT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Good point. Especially on this revamped Raptors team, where Gay & DeRozan will both initiate offense, I'm going to be more concerned with total team assists (assists VS baskets made) than I will be about Lowry's assists. It was different when Calderon was the primary initiator, but now it's all about team play.
    The play that comes to mind vs. MIA was the wing to elbow pass Lowry made to Amir and then the touch pass to Gray for the dunk. Unfortunately there are no hockey assists in the NBA.

On another note, every shitting on Lowry for the 3 assists vs. Miami. How many did Jose have in the overtime game last week? 3. Miami's D is sick. The difference was Jose has lots of confidence in his shot and no one questions him when he takes it. The Raptors, media, and fans have put the part of his game that made him special on life support. It is time for Kyle to play his game. I really hope it is the whispers of injuries holding him back.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Good point. Especially on this revamped Raptors team, where Gay & DeRozan will both initiate offense, I'm going to be more concerned with total team assists (assists VS baskets made) than I will be about Lowry's assists. It was different when Calderon was the primary initiator, but now it's all about team play.
      Lowry has bought in to being more passive since coming back from injury. At least we all know that he is willing to do what's best for the team.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Lowry has bought in to being more passive since coming back from injury. At least we all know that he is willing to do what's best for the team.
        Unfortunately I don't think him not playing like "Kyle Lowry" is good for the team.

Big difference between start of year and when the Raptors went on their roll with Jose is now the Raptors actually have another guy who can create his own shot and does not need to be spoon fed.

Play your game, Kyle!

This also ties in with why I actually think Casey might not be the guy to lead the Raptors. He wants sets run for jump shots when he now has a slashing and driving team. Also, his calling card is defense and the Raptors are in the bottom 1/3 or worse of every major defensive statistical category. I'm not ready to throw Casey under the bus but, for me, this is cause for concern i.e. bad on D and poor use of assets on O.

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
          Lowry's taken 12.3 shots per 36 minute compared to Jose's 11.3 shot per 36. That's not a lot of shots for a "score first point guard." I think Lowry's game is more balanced that you might think. Jrue Holiday takes 17.0 shots per 36. He's a true "score first point guard" and damn good one too.
          Pretty cool info. Jose was asked to score when we couldn't buy a bucket. Jose was a great shooter. No doubt in that 36 minutes Jose has way more assists, taking slightly less shots. I'd define "score first PG" as any PG with less than six assists at the end of a game. Chances are if your the PG and you have less than six assists....nobody on the team has more.

Point taken. Have no choice but to wait....give Lowry a chance, but I wanna see assists.

Comment

ball.

Comment

Will Lowry have to play his game as aggressively with Gay and DeRozan to lean on though? I dont think so, but he defeinitely needs to find a medium ofdishing and going for layups and its not like its a bad thing hes still a threat to drive for defenders and this style of play keeps him safe and Injury free.

Comment

RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
                Pretty cool info. Jose was asked to score when we couldn't buy a bucket. Jose was a great shooter. No doubt in that 36 minutes Jose has way more assists, taking slightly less shots. I'd define "score first PG" as any PG with less than six assists at the end of a game. Chances are if your the PG and you have less than six assists....nobody on the team has more.
                Jose averaged 9.4 assists per 36 minutes to Lowry's 7.5 assists per 36. There was never a question about that.

For comparison: Tony Parker averages 8.3 assists per 36; Deron Williams 7.7; Ty Lawson 7.2; Mike Conley 5.7; Kyrie Irving 5.5. Lowry's assist rate is comparable to other quality point guards from around the league. All I want to say is that his game might be more balanced that some might think.

Comment

Lowry does get to the free throw line. He's very sneaky about drawing fouls especially at the arch. Hitting 83%, score by getting to the line when we need it & get your teammates involved. Can't everyone shooting 3's. This game against BOSTON is huge

Comment

WOW. The first game with Rudy Gay, we were moving the ball like a championship team. For god's sake DeRozan had 7 assists. And one game later, we're criticizing the assists category like no other. What does it take for you guys?
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      WOW. The first game with Rudy Gay, we were moving the ball like a championship team. For god's sake DeRozan had 7 assists. And one game later, we're criticizing the assists category like no other. What does it take for you guys?
                      It takes wins. If they win with no assists...i'll be happy. But that is not very likely is it.

Comment

RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
                        It takes wins. If they win with no assists...i'll be happy. But that is not very likely is it.
                        I get your point, they can't win without assists...but we've seen when they get the assists, they can blow teams out of the building.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                        X