Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DON'T Get me wrong i like the energy of this team BUT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    someone start thread resign Jose in offseason... I feel bad Jose doesn't have the chance to lead with Rudy Demar and Bargnani he would have a field day
    Resign Jose Thread
    All in favor say AYE

Comment

RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
      Resign Jose Thread
      All in favor say AYE
      Nay. I don't want to ever have to deal with another controversy with a guy who clearly wants to be a starter, but just not talented enough. This team just doesn't have the talent to fool around with players at positions. Needs to be a clear starter, and as much as internal competition is good, there can't be any questions. This team lacks consistency.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I agree that it's time to move on without Calderon. In a way it's probably better not to go after him in the off-season 'cause it may mean re-inviting the PG controversy. Lowry is never going to dish out as many assists as Jose but the last two games he started hardly indicate his assist ability either. He is 6-7 assists guy. It's a matter of the new starting unit gelling together and they will. Actually they're doing quite well considering it's been only 2 games.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
          I agree that it's time to move on without Calderon. In a way it's probably better not to go after him in the off-season 'cause it may mean re-inviting the PG controversy. Lowry is never going to dish out as many assists as Jose but the last two games he started hardly indicate his assist ability either. He is 6-7 assists guy. It's a matter of the new starting unit gelling together and they will. Actually they're doing quite well considering it's been only 2 games.
          Yeah that's right. Let's give Kyle a chance!

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
            +1. Lowry is a really good passer, but will have points where he will miss an open guy, because his main style of play is aggressiveness and penetration. Getting in the paint is the best way for this team to succeed, not dribbling for half the clock and running constant pick and rolls. The league has sort of gone away from that, and has turned into a drive and kick, swing, drive and kick, isolation type league now.

Comment

Can anyone explain to me how Kyle Lowry is different from our failed "score first point guard" experiments?
              Totally understand if you have to turn away before you get to the end of this list.

Chauncey Billups
              Roger Mason
              Derrick Martin
              Mike James
              Jerrett Jack
              T.J. FORD
              Rafer Alston
              Jerryd Bayless
              Leandro Barbosa

Why is Kyle Lowry (post injury) all of a sudden going to make it all work?

Comment

Can anyone explain to me how Kyle Lowry is different from our failed "score first point guard" experiments?
                Totally understand if you have to turn away before you get to the end of this list.

Chauncey Billups
                Roger Mason
                Derrick Martin
                Mike James
                Jerrett Jack
                T.J. FORD
                Rafer Alston
                Jerryd Bayless
                Leandro Barbosa

Because Kyle Lowry is a lot more talented now, than all of those point guards at the stages of their careers when they were here. Billups was still being moved from team to team before he finally ended up in Detroit. Otherwise, every other guard just doesn't have the proven talent that Lowry has.

When Bayless, Jack originally came here. We pasted that they would "help Jose out", when Lowry came here, it was already "point guard for the future" or "has the keys to the car". He's been the number 1 point guard since day 1 he arrived. I honestly didn't even think it was close in terms of talent in comparing Calderon to Lowry.

P.S Barbosa is NOT a point guard. He's a shooting guard in a point guard's body. After playing a season and a half here, I would think that was pretty obvious.

EDIT* Only guy I consider near the talent level at their prime and good health to Lowry, is Ford.

Comment

Chauncey Billups
                  Roger Mason
                  Derrick Martin
                  Mike James
                  Jerrett Jack
                  T.J. FORD
                  Rafer Alston
                  Jerryd Bayless
                  Leandro Barbosa

Nobody said Lowry is going to make it work. Raps. have played two games since the trade so it's only fair he(Lowry) get's a chance. Starting him for the remainder of the season would give management and us fans a fair idea of wether it is working or not.

Personally, I prefer the pass first PG too. The truth is we don't have one. Trading him got us Gay. Kyle is who we have so why not give him a chance. I also should mention that the pass-first variety are rare, Majority of the PG's have been, are and will be the shoot first type. In Jose Raps. just happened to have one of the rare ones.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    But you have to consider that Bledsoe is a helluva on the ball defender, and the Heat, when they feel like it (which they did today) are fantastic at putting pressure on the ball. I'm not surprised that Lowry's assists were low these past two games.

One thing that does look a little scary, though: without Jose feeding him on pick and rolls, Amir looks completely useless on offence. Hopefully this is partly due to his flu.
                    lowry had 8 assists last game actually.. Miami has insane perimeter D.. it wasn't just lowry that couldn't figure out what to do and how to handle the pressure.. it was everyone.. tho I do think jose would have handled it better, I don't think there are many other pg's that would or could. we are a perimeter oriented team that just matched up against the best perimeter oriented team in the league.. lets just relax... I mean we all miss jose, but we are a mismatch on the perimeter for a lot of teams... lowry doesn't have the kind of leadership we're used to in jose but its not just on him.. we passed the ball well against the clips.. and we will do it against other teams.. Miami is one of those teams that make u scared to pass.. we gotta gameplan better against them.. period.
                    Last edited by Machine; Mon Feb 4, 2013, 05:52 AM.

Comment

They're still adjusting. Nothing wrong with Lowry as he's still trying to get the parts moving. Defence was an issue of the game but it was after an amped up Heat that just lost to Indiana. Not making excuses but it is what it is. The next piece coming in or out will depend on how they do in the next 2 weeks. If they do well, there might be a push to get Gasol. If they falter and continue to learn to play with each other, everyone stays put with BC going after a 10-day guy at PG. Just my 2 cents.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                        lowry had 8 assists last game actually.. Miami has insane perimeter D.. it wasn't just lowry that couldn't figure out what to do and how to handle the pressure.. it was everyone.. tho I do think jose would have handled it better, I don't think there are many other pg's that would or could. we are a perimeter oriented team that just matched up against the best perimeter oriented team in the league.. lets just relax... I mean we all miss jose, but we are a mismatch on the perimeter for a lot of teams... lowry doesn't have the kind of leadership we're used to in jose but its not just on him.. we passed the ball well against the clips.. and we will do it against other teams.. Miami is one of those teams that make u scared to pass.. we gotta gameplan better against them.. period.
                        Not to poo poo on Derozan but this is where a better ball handling 2 comes in handy. Takes the pressure off Lowry at times. A great passing big may be the only solution, *Gasol* ahem
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I was reffering to the fact that current Raptors doesn't have a player who can create and assist, but most fellas here treated that very negatively Even if that would be the start of the season, I barely see Raptors getting to the playoffs with that kind of basketball and the very first opponent in playoffs would make them look not too bright if they would somehow make it. This is not an elite basketball, this is high level of D league basketball what Raptors was doing last 2 games. Actually Raptors played team ball exactly before the trade and that one game after the trade. Not that Raptors can't improve. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, we'll see.
                          Last edited by BalticGiants; Mon Feb 4, 2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I agree with giving Lowry a chance, but I don't think it will turn out and if it doesn't Jose should be brought back immediately after the season and kyle traded.

Comment

Jose is never ever coming back (I think)

Comment

I think Lowry will figure it out eventually. I think he's a good basketball player and that we'll be able to get by on more overall talent than we had before. That said...

I don't think I can watch much more of JL3 for more than 2 minutes at a time. Its basically just an offensive free for all with him "running" the show. And how can we have that when Lowry allows that to happen a good amount of the time as well.

I don't think Jose will come back. He was treated too poorly and could probably start for a couple more years elsewhere. And we need to address this situation ASAP anyways.

If our starting PG isn't gonna create our backup better be able to. I think most are in agreement about this. Makes sense to have a stronger "team runner" come off the bench with a 2nd unit anyway giving the bench a little bit of a crutch, making them better, as opposed to worse which to me is what JL3 is doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X