Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DON'T Get me wrong i like the energy of this team BUT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bout this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b82nov8

Comment

Rap4Life wrote: View Post
      Is it me already two games in and i miss the assists Calderon provided...I mean 2 assists tonight between our 2 point guards is ridiculous...When the bottom fell out in the 4th we became a jump shooting team that couldnt hit a jump shot and Lowry kept turning over the ball. I'm Begging in what ever trade we do to shed AB from the team can we please get a pass first point guard to at least offset the bad decision making PG's we currently have...We really could have won this game and at one point in the Heat broadcast they even mentioned the fact that we are getting no assists production for the PG's..

Thoughts
      Miami had 17 assists off 40 made baskets today, Raptors 15 off 28. The NBA champs did just fine without a bucket full of assists today. Raptors got beat today because Miami had one more option - a low post threat (public enemy #2 - Chris Bosh), not because Lowry has a sub-par handle...

This is a completely different roster now that creates from the wings, not from screen & rolls. The point guard's job with the starting five is to get the ball in the hands of DeRozan or Gay and run to the corner in case a spot up three is needed at the end of the shot clock. DeRozan is turning into a pretty good passer after all the double teams he has seen this year. Gay seems like he's OK finding guys off the dribble as well.

If the Raptors were missing anything today, it felt like the abscence of someone to make use of Amir's excellent interior passing skills - a low post guy.

Comment

PicknRoll wrote: View Post
        Miami had 17 assists off 40 made baskets today, Raptors 15 off 28. The NBA champs did just fine without a bucket full of assists today. Raptors got beat today because Miami had one more option - a low post threat (public enemy #2 - Chris Bosh), not because Lowry has a sub-par handle...

This is a completely different roster now that creates from the wings, not from screen & rolls. The point guard's job with the starting five is to get the ball in the hands of DeRozan or Gay and run to the corner in case a spot up three is needed at the end of the shot clock. DeRozan is turning into a pretty good passer after all the double teams he has seen this year. Gay seems like he's OK finding guys off the dribble as well.

If the Raptors were missing anything today, it felt like the abscence of someone to make use of Amir's excellent interior passing skills - a low post guy.
        Great point.

Movement and guys getting the ball in a position to score is the issue here. Raps were looking stagnant and, again, AA was the one forcing the offense... handfuls of hair are on my couch.

Comment

Once Val is 100% i'd expect him to score a lot of points off of dump offs

Comment

Lowry played great ball early on this season before his injury/backing up Jose, and he has never replicated that early success. Really hope he can get back on track.

Comment

PicknRoll wrote: View Post

Somebody making sense. And like Matt said, time to move on. After watching Jose for seven years, I think people have forgotten that most point guards turn the ball over.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Time to move on.

+1 Please everyone calderon was good but its not like he made the team that much better we gave up Calderon for a guy that can make his own shot, and provide less attention at DeRozan to play his game a lot more free flowing.

GET OFF THE CALDERON **** its the past high character guy great playmaker but come on its a good thing that we are finally making a new Raptors team. Our asisst #s are down becaue Lucas is playing main guard off the bench and those playing alongside him arent looking to set players up.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  +1 Please everyone calderon was good but its not like he made the team that much better we gave up Calderon for a guy that can make his own shot, and provide less attention at DeRozan to play his game a lot more free flowing.

GET OFF THE CALDERON **** its the past high character guy great playmaker but come on its a good thing that we are finally making a new Raptors team. Our asisst #s are down becaue Lucas is playing main guard off the bench and those playing alongside him arent looking to set players up.
                  But if you could get jose back this offseason at 5-6 mill a year and trade Kyle for something of value, would you not do it?

Comment

qb5PHILA@hotmail.com wrote: View Post
                    But if you could get jose back this offseason at 5-6 mill a year and trade Kyle for something of value, would you not do it?
                    You weren't asking me, but I'll answer the question anyway, No. It's time to move on.

Comment

qb5PHILA@hotmail.com wrote: View Post
                      I'd love Calderon back but, at 32, he's a backup/mentor; not a starter. I'd keep them both.

Comment

One game, stop panicing.

Comment

Calderon and Davis hasn't had the dimension and dynamics that Rudy Gay has had on this entire team. 8 years + 3 years? It only took Rudy Gay 2 games...

Calderon was a great character, and Ed Davis was probably the one guy who would have solved our problems in the post, but they aren't Rudy Gay.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

This thread is crazy... We played the champs today and I thought they had to play at a high level to beat us. Amir being sat in the fourth was the key because we needed a mobile bog on the court to guard bosh.

I have been really encouraged by this team and anyone who thinks Calderon would have made a difference today is totally nuts.

Take a deep breath...Lowry is the guy

Comment

Yea we definitely could've used Jose today. It's too bad he had a large expiring which made him trade bait. And it just felt weird watching the game and seeing it slip away, only to think "Man Jose is gonna pull us back into it" ...only to realize he's not on the team anymore. I'd love it if we could sign him in the off-season for a lower amount. Then he can come back, be a mentor and take back the starting spot once Lowry inevitably gets injured again.

As for the team being vastly better: hell no.

And on the topic of "finally making a new Raptors team"...ummm yea...been there done that. Like 6-7 times since Colangelo took over. I'm still not sold on this trade until I see a REAL improvement in the way the TEAM plays as a whole. As it stands now we're lacking in the PG and front court positions (as everyone knows), and unless BC pulls another magic trick from his behind we will be for the foreseeable future. Rudy Gay can put up all the points he wants to but we're still at a disadvantage in every other position.

The one thing that has me thinking is whether there was any chance of Memphis taking Amir over Ed, and BC thought that keeping Amir was the safer bet.

Comment

With Jose, the Raptors play a grind it out type of game. With Lowry, the Raptors force more turnovers and get out and run. The roster balance has shifted and our roster as it stands right now with Gay and DeRozan as offensive anchors are more geared towards playing with someone like Lowry.

Yes, he doesn't run the offense like Jose, but that's not Lowry's game. On the other hand, Lowry gets boards, he pressures opposing guards and gets steals that leads to a more high-tempo offense. Jose's play making abilities didn't get us much in the fourth quarter anyway. I love Jose, but it's time to move on. We have Rudy Gay; someone who can create his own shot. Give it more time to let the team figure out how they will actually fit together.

We're still a few moves away from being a playoff calibre team. We need someone who can get his down on the block and who can work with Amir with the big to big passing; someone who again, along with Amir, can anchor our defense. We need 2 big guys. Amir is good, but we need someone with more of an impact.

We need another back-up point guard. Lucas is a scorer stuck in a 5'11" frame. He's streaky and you want someone who can steady the offense.
                                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
                                X