Haywood to Raptors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haywood to Raptors.

Everyone wants Iggy to the Raps and give up DD or try and get RJ or Butler, but i think what we need a solid Big off the bench and i think Haywood would fit in great with this team. The Raps have been getting lit up on points in the paint and Bargs has been great in one on one situations ,but we all have seen that both Bargs and Bosh have been inconsistant on help Defense. Teams have been able to drive on Raps for uncontested basket sometimes so i think the Raps go for Haywood. He's a 10ppg/10rebs/2blocks guy who would clog up the middle and contest shots and if Bargs keeps playing D like he has lately the Raps would have interior Defense at all times. So this trade works in the trade Machine :

To Wash;
    Evans
    Belli
    Rasho
    1st round Draft pick

To TO;
    Haywood
    Stevenson

They get a Expiring contract, a good young player, a solid bench player and a draft pick. With this trade we contend with Kg and Perkins and have an interior precense against ATl's athletic group.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Okay.

But where are you getting the 1st round pick from? Raps don't own theirs - Miami does!
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
      okay.

But where are you getting the 1st round pick from? Raps don't own theirs - miami does!
      2011 or even a 2nd round pick if BC can get Wash to agree would be even better.
      Last edited by rdiaz101; Tue Feb 9, 2010, 04:01 PM.

Herm Edwards

Comment

I like the idea of getting Haywood, but I don't think Washington wants Reggie's contract. if they did, Colangelo would have probably pulled the trigger on the Caron Butler trade (They wanted Jose+Amir for Caron+Javaris).

Comment

Wouldn't haywood do to bosh what shaq did to amare?

Comment

I like Haywood, but not for a first rounder.

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
              2011 or even a 2nd round pick if BC can get Wash to agree would be even better.
              From what I understand, you can't trade yourself out of the 1st round for 2 seasons. league rule to stop GMs from dumb moves.

Now including a 2nd round pick - great!!!!
              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

f91ultra wrote: View Post
                Wouldn't haywood do to bosh what shaq did to amare?
                Not really i dont how u can compare Haywood to Shaq at all, different situations Phoenix's Offensive style is Run and Gun and fastbreak. Shaq was too slow for that Haywood would be brought in For rebounding and Defense he wouldn't take any touches from Bosh at all.

Herm Edwards

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                  From what I understand, you can't trade yourself out of the 1st round for 2 seasons. league rule to stop GMs from dumb moves.

Now including a 2nd round pick - great!!!!
                  You got to give up something get something brother !!!!!! Raps want to win NOW not wait 3 to 4 years for a draft pick to develop we already went through that phase ! oh yeah the line up would be :

JJ/Jose
                  Demar/Weems/Stevenson
                  Hedo/Wright/Stevenson
                  Bosh/Amir
                  Bargs/Haywood

Thats a deep line up and very athletic team.
                  Last edited by rdiaz101; Tue Feb 9, 2010, 08:14 PM.

Herm Edwards

Comment

screw giving away picks

Comment

I dont disagree with your logic but I think you are offering way too much in return. Bellineli is a first round pick. Yes he is incinsistent but the reality is that he probably played more minutes with us than he did in 2 years with GSW. Haywood is a free agent this off season why do you want to give up a lot now when we can get him later for )I think a lot less). We also have to see how Evans performs and how he impacts the team before we make such a move.

Comment

you're horrible just giving up another 1st rounder like that. especially with a new cap coming around. not to mention ur giving away evans ur supposed toughest defender in a trade meant to improve defense. haywood would get mucked around by perkins more so than evans anyway. so nope.

Comment

thomas1 wrote: View Post
                          I dont disagree with your logic but I think you are offering way too much in return. Bellineli is a first round pick. Yes he is incinsistent but the reality is that he probably played more minutes with us than he did in 2 years with GSW. Haywood is a free agent this off season why do you want to give up a lot now when we can get him later for )I think a lot less). We also have to see how Evans performs and how he impacts the team before we make such a move.
                          Well i think interior D and Rebounding is what will put the Raps over and solidify themselves in the east Haywood is bigger and better at both these things than Evans, he plays more minutes in Wash as starter and is also very long, versatile which is why he gets 2 blocks per game. We want to win now not later.

I'm giving up so much because right now to get anything from Washington they want good young players and draft picks, also because like you said both Haywood and Stevenson are Free Agents this offseason the Raps can either sign them or let them walk away and go for someone better. So basically for interior D,Rebounding and Depth at the 2 with Stevenson the raps give up Rasho,Evans(bad contract), Belli and a pick.

"you're horrible just giving up another 1st rounder like that. especially with a new cap coming around. not to mention ur giving away evans ur supposed toughest defender in a trade meant to improve defense. haywood would get mucked around by perkins more so than evans anyway. so nope."

Your horrible for putting all your hopes on a guy who has been injured all season and who knows how long it will take to get him in game shape, your acting like he's the missing part to this team ! For all we know he might come in disturb the team's chemistry . I rather take a chance on someone who has been playing all year and been consistent.I would give up a LATE first round OR second round pick if it can the Raps to East Finals . Haywoods numbers against Boston this year 14.5pp/7/1 can Evans do that ? nope. You think the Lakers are building their team through the Draft?? Nope.

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                          X