Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: trade deadline wishlist.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Ideally, I'd prefer one my starters to be a legit offensive threat in the low-post (in the mold of a Carlos Boozer, Al Jefferson, or David West).
    I agree. My original post included Milsap, Jefferson, D. West and as the cheapest alternative J.J. Hickson because he seems to be an up and coming talent. I originally liked Josh Smith, but he's demanding a max contract and I don't think he is elite enough to go that deep into luxury tax for.

Having said that though I would take Josh Smith in a heart beat and be happy with being a 4th seed in the East, cause you know...it's not my money.

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    1. pass-first veteran PG (ie: Ridnour)

2. starting PF - move Johnson to backup PF, but could also play at C with the new PF too (ie: Millsap)

Distant #3. upgraded veteran C (to start while Valanciunas improves on the 2nd unit; Gray would likely have to go)

LINEUP (with #1 & #2 addressed)

C: Gray, Valanciunas
    PF: Millsap, Johnson
    SF: Gay, Fields
    SG: DeRozan, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Ridnour
    This.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Pau Gasol
    2. First round picks, lots of them
    3. Someone to replace Calderon, you know, a real starting PG.. for real this time.
    Last edited by ebrian; Mon Feb 4th, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Back up big and pg

Bargnani & Anderson for Udoh and Udrih from Milwaukee

or

Bargnani & Anderson for Diop & Sessions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Checkines wrote: View Post
    Back up big and pg

Bargnani & Anderson for Udoh and Udrih from Milwaukee

or

Bargnani & Anderson for Diop & Sessions
    I'm not overly impressed with either Udoh or Diop, but at least Diop is expiring (and hopefully the Raps would land a 1st round pick as well). I just don't see Charlotte going after Bargnani when they already have Mullens (though he is expiring).

I still think a similar deal could be Bargnani/Anderson for Ridnour/Roy. A useful backup PG, with a salary dump. Hopefully Roy would decide to retire after the season.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to try to get maybe Lou Admunson, he would be a perfect backup big.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I'm not overly impressed with either Udoh or Diop, but at least Diop is expiring (and hopefully the Raps would land a 1st round pick as well). I just don't see Charlotte going after Bargnani when they already have Mullens (though he is expiring).

I still think a similar deal could be Bargnani/Anderson for Ridnour/Roy. A useful backup PG, with a salary dump. Hopefully Roy would decide to retire after the season.
    I think Udrih would be a solid choice to run the 2nd unit, and I feel Milwaukee would be more willing to give up a first. Personally I feel Bargnani would be effective in a Milwaukee uniform. Ekpe as well is young enough to develop and see if he is anything more than a 5th big man

Personally I don't think we will get much more than these type of trades at the moment

Post Thanks / Like

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aymdxbz

Something like this could be enticing to each team

Raps would get some youth and a veteran back up pg
    Timberwolves would get Gasol to pair with Rubio
    Lakers would get a stretch 4 and some wing depth and as mentioned perhaps Roy retires after the season

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is a major pain in the ass to trade. Why did BC have to give him such a retarded contract?
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

you guys think the lakers would do this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5uvz85

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Lakers think Gasol is soft, I don't know why they'd consider Bargnani.

But then again, stranger things have happened (like obtaining Gay for scraps).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

They said gasol was soft? wtf, the dude ain't even close to soft. Dwight Howard is what you call soft

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

haha Boo ya!

Seriously though, I don't really want Gasol. There's something about it I just don't like.
    PF's that can rebound and defend are not hard to come by. Assuming JV can develop properly, we just need someone as good as Amir, which should not be difficult to get.

My fear is that putting a guy like Gasol who needs touches in the post at this stage will 1: take away from JV's development as far as minutes and touches and 2: put Rudy in exactly the same predicament as he was in previously.

We should try to be patient and see how Rudy and DD develop together with Lowry, before throwing another ego in the mix (not saying Pau is egotistical, just saying he can't be treated like a nobody)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BallaBalla wrote: View Post
    haha Boo ya!

Seriously though, I don't really want Gasol. There's something about it I just don't like.
    PF's that can rebound and defend are not hard to come by. Assuming JV can develop properly, we just need someone as good as Amir, which should not be difficult to get.

My fear is that putting a guy like Gasol who needs touches in the post at this stage will 1: take away from JV's development as far as minutes and touches and 2: put Rudy in exactly the same predicament as he was in previously.

We should try to be patient and see how Rudy and DD develop together with Lowry, before throwing another ego in the mix (not saying Pau is egotistical, just saying he can't be treated like a nobody)
    When TALENT comes calling you don't tell them to call back later. If the Raps can add another significant player through trade that includes Bargnani, forget timing, and get the league conference call on the line pronto.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I want to try to get maybe Lou Admunson, he would be a perfect backup big.
    My thoughts exactly. Low maintenance + high energy, although not very skilled.

Rumor has it that he is slowly distancing himself from the Wolves. Maybe a 2nd rounder will do it.

They may be interested in Bargnani as well as a patch for Kevin Love's absence.

They also mentioned that they need to get bigger on the wings seeing that they are starting Ridnour at the 2 spot right now.

Anderson + Bargnani for Derrick Williams + Lou Amundson + Ridnour ...

Maybe picks being exchanged. I see this as a logical deal depending on their view on Bargnani. Rick Adelman may be able to garner Bargnani's respect. He's also a very good tactician who can place Bargnani in ideal positions to be effective.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b82nov8
    Last edited by torch19; Mon Feb 4th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Low maintenance + high energy, although not very skilled.

Rumor has it that he is slowly distancing himself from the Wolves. Maybe a 2nd rounder will do it.

They may be interested in Bargnani as well as a patch for Kevin Love's absence.

They also mentioned that they need to get bigger on the wings seeing that they are starting Ridnour at the 2 spot right now.

Fields/Anderson + Bargnani for Derrick Williams + Lou Amundson + Ridnour ...

Maybe picks being exchanged. I see this as a logical deal depending on their view on Bargnani. Rick Adelman may be able to garner Bargnani's respect. He's also a very good tactician who can place Bargnani in ideal positions to be effective.
    Hmmmm. I personally like it, but once again:

Gay/Fields or Anderson/D.Williams/Pietrus
    Amir/Amundson/D.Williams

Williams will lack playing time whether it's the 3 or 4. I mean, he could start (which is what I've assumed in my deals similar)

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a change in scenery can help him as well, although I think he'll never be able to live up to the #2 billing. A more athletic team should fit his skill set and with teams getting smaller by the day, he seems like a good fit. I see more minutes for him at the four but this gives us versatility and addresses our depth.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    Maybe a change in scenery can help him as well, although I think he'll never be able to live up to the #2 billing. A more athletic team should fit his skill set and with teams getting smaller by the day, he seems like a good fit. I see more minutes for him at the four but this gives us versatility and addresses our depth.
    I think if we just did a deal of:

Andrea Bargnani + Alan Anderson + 2nd Round Picks = Derrick Williams + Luke Ridnour

Lineup/roster depth chart:

PG: Lowry/Ridnour/Lucas
    SG: Derozan/Ross
    SF: Gay/Fields/Kleiza/Pietrus
    PF: D.Williams/Johnson/Acy
    C: Valanciunas/Gray

Point guard depth addressed, and strengthening the front-court with Derrick Williams would be a nice fit.

Why Derrick Williams, isn't he a tweener? Yes, but he's in the 6'8 to 6'10 range, built, strong, athletic, quick, and can play both inside and outside. Explosive player, solid post/man/system defender, and has potential - in my opinion - that can live up to being the 2nd pick. The guy was chosen because he was the best player available, but everyone in Minny knew that it was going to be tough to crack a consistent spot on the rotation.

His athleticism, outside ability, and strength could really fit this team. Ridnour comes in - also as an expiring deal - to strengthen the depth at the PG, and add veteran experience.

Depending on rumours, and Gasol's availability, a three team trade could also go down sending the likes of Gasol to Minny, Bargnani to LA, and the same guys coming to Toronto.

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do like idea of Ridnour and Williams, but I think this team needs a third scoring option and neither of those guys have proven to do that. Maybe Williams can develop.

What I would like to see, but I don't it would ever happen. I would like to acquire Ray Allen. I would love to see some good veteran leadership. I see Terence Ross turning into a Ray Allen type of player. What better way then learning off the man himself. Ray has the ability to move without the ball, something I don't see this raptors team doing. Also the championship pedigree of he would bring would be valuable to this team.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Ridinour acquisition awesome pick up imo. The team is in the hunt if we can somehow bolster our bench scoring options with a guy like Wilson Chandler he has no real role in Denver and is interested in coming North if Denver lets the guy go...

Lowry/Ridnour/Lucas
    DeRozan/Ross
    Gay/Chandler/Jospeh
    Williams/Johnson/Acy
    Valanciunas/Gray

Thread Information