Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Thread: trade deadline wishlist.

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chandler/Williams' names keep being mentioned. I think we are pretty set in the wing department. Sure Williams can play the 4 but he's a tweener. Rudy Gay can play the 4 as well.

    The most pressing positions that need to be upgraded in my opinion are:

    1) starting PF that can rebound
    2) backup PG that has no problem being a backup
    3) backup Center for 1/2 year contract only
    4) a shooter that can be brought in when a 3P FG is needed

    Here are some players that can satisfy my list:

    1) Millsap, Gasol, AJ, Young, J-Smith
    2) Tinsley, Ridnour, Barea, Watson, Udrih, Blake, Augustin
    3) Okafor, Pekovic, Pachulia, Hawes, Dalembert
    4) Korver, Dunleavy, Foye, Webster, Mason, Fredette, Green


    I'm willing to trade any player on the roster other than JV, Ross, Gay, and Lowry. Amir I'm on the fence... It would depend on what we get back. If it's anyone on my list above then I would not want to part with Amir.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You all may think I'm crazy but,

    I'd take Vince Carter back and put him on the bench.
    He's making less money than Linas Kleiza for craps sake.
    Vince @ 3.1m
    Linas @ 4.6m

  3. #43
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    You all may think I'm crazy but,

    I'd take Vince Carter back and put him on the bench.
    He's making less money than Linas Kleiza for craps sake.
    Vince @ 3.1m
    Linas @ 4.6m
    What sense does a deal like that make? Either of them would be the team's 6th wing, behind Gay, DeRozan, Ross, Fields and Anderson. They are both signed through next season, but at least the team has the option of using the amnesty on Kleiza; the Raps would be stuck with Carter next season too.

    The Raps are more than set on the wings. They need a starting PF, backup PG and an upgraded backup C.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chandler would eliminate the need for fields Anderson and Pietrus, tightening our rotation to Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Chandler with a cheap back up in Joseph in case of injury.

    Our bench isnt solid our starting line is looking better but A duo of Ross with Chandler on the wings being led by a solid pg in Ridnour would be sick. Fields Klieza Anderson and Pietrus arent really mainstays the only guy there I wouldnt mind keeping is Fields cause he can do more off the ball which makes up for his scoring ineptitude at the moment.

  5. #45
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Chandler would eliminate the need for fields Anderson and Pietrus, tightening our rotation to Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Chandler with a cheap back up in Joseph in case of injury.

    Our bench isnt solid our starting line is looking better but A duo of Ross with Chandler on the wings being led by a solid pg in Ridnour would be sick. Fields Klieza Anderson and Pietrus arent really mainstays the only guy there I wouldnt mind keeping is Fields cause he can do more off the ball which makes up for his scoring ineptitude at the moment.
    I think I'd rather just keep Fields than trade for Chandler, at this point. They are similar players (lots of movement, good defense, solid rebounding, can play either wing spot) making similar money, but Fields is younger and doesn't come with the huge injury risk.

    Gay, DeRozan, Fields and Ross is more than enough depth at the wing spots, providing very good balance. Perhaps a 5th young, cheap wing can be added as insurance.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I think I'd rather just keep Fields than trade for Chandler, at this point. They are similar players (lots of movement, good defense, solid rebounding, can play either wing spot) making similar money, but Fields is younger and doesn't come with the huge injury risk.

    Gay, DeRozan, Fields and Ross is more than enough depth at the wing spots, providing very good balance. Perhaps a 5th young, cheap wing can be added as insurance.
    Thats true but for when the starters rest I wonder if Fields and Ross can carry the scoring weight. I hope Fields can findhis offense next season there will be data on Ross come his Sophmore year.

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Also Chandler will be a bit unhappy if he doesn't get enough shots up. With Gay, Demar and Ross, we definitely do not need another wing who likes to shoot. It's going to be hard/interesting enough putting Bargnani back in there and making it work to some degree, even if it's to showcase him for