Getting Prepared for Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Prepared for Next Season

After tonight's game and the announcement of KG possibly be dealt to the Clippers. If I'm Bryan and perhaps it's my last season here with the Raps. I would continue with a major revamp for this team.

1) Toronto with GSW
    Toronto out: Bargs, Fields, Kleiza
    Toronto in: D.Lee, R.Jefferson
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c9q9jkc

2) Toronto with Milwaukee
    Toronto out: Lowry, Amir, 2nd round pick
    Toronto in: Jennings, Dalembart, Henson, 1st round pick
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cwfou9h

3) Toronto with Utah
    Toronto out: Alan Anderson
    Toronto in: Jamal Tinsley
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d7e866l

Why Toronto: We get two more jawbreaking players in Jennings and Lee. Jennings will fit well with the new uptempo run and gun team beside he's best friend of DeMar. David Lee, a fan favorite, could provide us with rebound, well neither are good at defense; Lee is still a huge upgrade at the PF than Amir and Bargs. The question is, his new contract. Along with DeMar and Gay, we are locked at these players for the next 2-3 years. But nonetheless, both players can contribute at maximum intensity. R.Jefferson is a decent backup, perhaps the Raps can rejuvenate his career once again as our primary backup for Gay.

Why Golden State: They acquire Bargs who could start at PF for the young Warriors moving ahead, they need a young PF to make the team even better in the West, with Bogut and Ezeli manhandle the 5, Bargs don't need to rebound or play defense but shoot the ball. The Warriors have a young backcourt of Curry and K.Thompsons and the emerging play of H.Barnes could make this team a contending team in the Western Conference. Fields and Kleiza are decent backup, at least Fields at this age, contribute more than the aging R.Jefferson.

Why Milwaukee: They acquire a PG who might gel with M.Ellis, both Lowry and Ellis are attack the basket type of player although the Bucks' system is a bit slower than the Raps new Run and Gun offense. Lowry will find his groove for the new team whereas Amir can replace either Ilyasova or Gooden at the starting PF position. It's sad to see Amir go but if the Raps pull this trade, I would be darned.

Why Utah: Salary dump, both players suck well Tinsely is a good backup PG, 3rd stringer PG on a playoff contending team. Alan Anderson can provide the Jazz with some outside threat since both Bell and Burks suck.

By the Deadline, Raps GM Bryan Colangelo fires Dwayne Casey and replace him with Avery Johnson.

Toronto New Lineups
    Jennings/Tinsley/Lucas
    DeRozan/Ross/Pietrus
    Gay/Jefferson/
    Lee/Hensons/Acy
    Dalembart/Val/Gray

Call it a midway season 2012-2013. We make to the playoff, possibly 8th seed and claim back our pick from Thunder. Our pick 20 range. In the offseason, we acquire Bucks' 1st round pick (20 range). We draft Kabongo (our pick) and Dario Saric (if he falls for us).

Next Season
    Jennings/Kabongo/PG (veteran PG)
    All Star DeRozan/2nd year Ross/SG (veteran SG)
    All Star Gay/D.Saric/R.Jefferson
    All Star Lee/2nd year Henson/2nd year Acy
    Starting C/2nd year Val/Dalembart (resigns)

Veteran PG - DJ Augustin, Devin Harris, Will Bynum for the vet minimum.
    Personal Favorite Goes to Will Bynum, a good player but with the Pistons with their possible resigning of Calderon, Bynum is expendable.
    Veteran SG - Randy Foye, Tony Allen, Marco Belinelli, Mike Dunleavy, Leandro Barbosa for the vet minimum.
    Personal Favorite Goes to Tony Allen, Gay's old Grizzlies buddy, a great defender who can play the 2 and 3 spot.
    Starting C - Chris Kaman, DeJuan Blair, Jermaine O'Neal
    Personal Favorite Goes to Jermaine O'Neal, an ex raptor who might teach Val a thing or two so Val can develop into a decent center in this league. I would love to see Al Jeff in Raps Uniform but most likely he will want to sign or trade to a championship contending team.

Give 2-3 years for Ross and Val to develop, they could form something special, by the time Ross becomes a legit starter in this league, we can trade DeRozan but for now, Ross at the best is an athletic Kerry Kittles. Val on the other hand, if he can post an Anderson Varejao's career, I would be satisfied.

Man, I appreciate your constant enthusiasm and thought you put into various scenarios, but sometimes I wonder if you ever consider why the other team would do these deals..

GS: I would never trade Lee away for Bargs and Fields. They don't actually need a stretch 4 as Lee has solid range from 15-20. The 3 pt range of Bargs is not as valuable as the higher fg% and 5-6 more rebounds Lee wiill get you every game. THey might have some interest in Fields, but I can't see them giving up Lee for a downgrade at PF and a depth player...not every team makes trades like Memphis

Mil: Not sure why they'd do it either, unless they think they won't be able to re-sign him at a fair price. This one makes way more sense than the GS one I guess, but I still don't see the benefit, even for Toronto. So, instead of Lowry trying to share the ball with Bargs, Gay and Demar, you want the even more shoot-oriented Jennings to be the PG? On top of that we lose our most versatile big defender and one of the leaders of the team in Amir? Only good piece is really the 1st rd pick. Henson could be as good as Amir, but why develop a guy to be like a player you already have? Not sure Henson is anything more than that.

Utah: Ok, this one's fine. AA for a backup PG. I just really never liked Tinsley at any given time.

I just don't see any of these trades as significantly helping us, or as having a snowballs chance in hell in the case of the GS one.

Comment

I see issues of course, but overall well thought out and right directions. I do disagree with firing Casey, and I am still not sold on Lee due to his poor defense.

Comment

Hell if it woks out go for it ... except the firing of Casey though ...

Don't see Milwaukee going through on that though ... I don't see them getting enough in that.

Comment

Working...
        X