Scott Machado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Machado

I think this guy is what we need right now. He's top 10 in assists in the NCAA all time and has very good court vision and passing. He was undrafted but he played for the Rockets for a season off the bench but got cut. I think he'd be a great change of pace from Lowry.

BTW He's only 22 years old. I really hope BC goes after this guy.

No. 2: Scott Machado
    Rio Grande Valley/Houston Rockets
    The NCAA's leader in assists per game in 2011-12 at Iona, Machado played himself into a contract with the Rockets after a sizzling Summer League. It's a crowded back court in Houston right now, though, so the Rockets -- owners of one of the strongest and most-utilized NBA D-League affiliate relationships -- wanted him to get run in Rio Grande Valley.

While he's there, he'll run the Rockets system, under the guidance of the Rockets' basketball operations staff. And if he performs like he did in Vegas this summer, look for him to be back with the big club soon, pushing Toney Douglas for the second spot on the Houston depth chart.
    NBAE via Getty Images
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/gallery/t...eseason_9.html

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Feb 4, 2013, 09:54 PM.

1 video limit per post? WTF?

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      1 video limit per post? WTF?

I think he is still under contract to Houston isn't he? They sent him down to the D league to develop. He has been terrible in the D league averaging more turnovers than assists.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
        I think he is still under contract to Houston isn't he? They sent him down to the D league to develop. He has been terrible in the D league averaging more turnovers than assists.
        He's not with them anymore.

Comment

I don't know, he's playing total garbage in the D League. Maybe give him a deal near the end of the season if we're well out of the playoff hunt.

Comment

give him a contract at the end of th season and invite him to training camp and summer league to play alongside Terrence Ross and Quincy Acy. Sign Kris Jospeh and do the same.

Comment

I like Uzoh more.

Comment

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...machado-1.html

Comment

He looks quite good in the video. Raps. need a back up PG. Doesn't hurt to give him a chance.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                    He looks quite good in the video. Raps. need a back up PG. Doesn't hurt to give him a chance.
                    well everyone looks good in a highlight video lol thats the point. Watch him play hes more of a 2 guard looking for his own shot like Lucas than hooking people up and his handles are't thaaat great.

Comment

I was hoping we drafted Machado with one of our 2nd round picks.

He's a project, but I really like the idea of stashing him as our 3rd stringer.

Comment

I saw Scott workout pre-draft in Toronto with some other PGs. The kid impressed. He has some nice moves. Definitely worth a 10-day contract to see how he has progressed.
                        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Waive Petrus and sign Machado? No problem for me.

Comment

Waive Pietrus anyway. We have too many wingers. Machado, Uzoh or one of 50 other guys to fill that 3rd string scrappy PG role - it's all the same to me.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              Waive Pietrus anyway. We have too many wingers. Machado, Uzoh or one of 50 other guys to fill that 3rd string scrappy PG role - it's all the same to me.
                              The problem with that thinking is that it does nothing to actually address the backup PG position, which is what BC has said he intends to address. Whether it's Machado or Uzoh or some other young/project player, that would only further cement Lucas as the backup PG. I think the idea is to upgrade the backup PG spot, allowing Lucas and his streaky shooting to slide back into the 3rd PG role.

Don't get me wrong, I would be happy to let Lucas leave after this season (not pickup his team-option for 2013-14) and replace him with a young PG like Machado, but only if we're talking about the 3rd PG spot.

Regardless who the 3rd PG is, this team needs a better backup. There are going to be several decent backup PG options available in free agency in the offseason, if one isn't acquired via trade before the deadline.
                              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Feb 5, 2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X