No announcement yet.

GT: Boston Celtics vs Toronto Raptors- Keep the loses to minimum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My god what awful defense. They need to play Ross more, it's retarded that he's getting zero burn.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Holy crap. I didn't get a chance to watch the game but I hear we were up 10 at the end of the third....

Comment

• I did not like the offense in the fourth quarter at all. We are playing iso-heavy basketball with our guys and we simply can't afford to do that. Boston, if you look at them, had 3 initiators at all times now that Rondo is gone. Ball movement & man movement; side, top, side, entry pass to post, kick out, reverse, backdoor cuts.

I still think that we need to attack the MIDDLE of the floor. There are so many possibilities from a simple side pick and roll & opposite big flashes to the free throw line. It exposes rotations and we have gone away from that. My fondest moments of the season involved Amir and Ed's big to big passing. Now that the talent has gone up a notch with Rudy, we have reverted back to the (4-19) style of play; full of simple down screen for isolation. We will never beat good teams that way.

Andrea had a decent return and I want him to do better so we can get someone of use for him. I still don't think he is a good fit with the team because what he does is add another body on the perimeter which essentially brings about a 4 OUT 1 IN type of spacing. That does nothing except it leaves you with perimeter shots. There has to be a balance inside AND out.

I understand that team chemistry, timing and execution have been altered with the acquisition of Gay. So naturally, it will take more time to learn how to play together. I'm just emphasizing on the proper balance on the court at all times.

/end rant
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
          I did not like the offense in the fourth quarter at all. We are playing iso-heavy basketball with our guys and we simply can't afford to do that. Boston, if you look at them, had 3 initiators at all times now that Rondo is gone. Ball movement & man movement; side, top, side, entry pass to post, kick out, reverse, backdoor cuts.

I still think that we need to attack the MIDDLE of the floor. There are so many possibilities from a simple side pick and roll & opposite big flashes to the free throw line. It exposes rotations and we have gone away from that. My fondest moments of the season involved Amir and Ed's big to big passing. Now that the talent has gone up a notch with Rudy, we have reverted back to the (4-19) style of play; full of simple down screen for isolation. We will never beat good teams that way.

Andrea had a decent return and I want him to do better so we can get someone of use for him. I still don't think he is a good fit with the team because what he does is add another body on the perimeter which essentially brings about a 4 OUT 1 IN type of spacing. That does nothing except it leaves you with perimeter shots. There has to be a balance inside AND out.

I understand that team chemistry, timing and execution have been altered with the acquisition of Gay. So naturally, it will take more time to learn how to play together. I'm just emphasizing on the proper balance on the court at all times.

/end rant
          with all due respect.. when we have 2 wings in our starting lineup who aren't good at shooting 3's and are good at driving, we need a 4 like bargnani (or any other stretch 4) who spaces the floor.. Memphis traded gay cause he couldn't be as useful in their system with 2 bigs stuffing the middle.. we are a perimeter oriented team.. plain and simple.. would be nice to have a center that could post up tho, which we don't have

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            with all due respect.. when we have 2 wings in our starting lineup who aren't good at shooting 3's and are good at driving, we need a 4 like bargnani (or any other stretch 4) who spaces the floor.. Memphis traded gay cause he couldn't be as useful in their system with 2 bigs stuffing the middle.. we are a perimeter oriented team.. plain and simple.. would be nice to have a center that could post up tho, which we don't have
            Being perimeter oriented doesn't mean you need 4 guys standing outside the 3 point line ball watching. You're bailing the defense out simply by standing around. You can adapt a drive and kick offense, to open things up and use the kind of spacing Bargnani gives, but we're not that type of team either because we don't have shooters all around.

Bargnani would be really good if we had multiple ball handlers who can run the pick and roll effectively at the level where defenses have to collapse, but we don't have that either.

All I'm saying is, why not use the middle of the floor too? After all, it is closer to the basket. Using the middle of the floor opens up the offense for ball movement, man movement, etc.
            Last edited by torch19; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 03:18 AM.
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
              Being perimeter oriented doesn't mean you need 4 guys standing outside the 3 point line ball watching. You're bailing the defense out simply by standing around. You can adapt a drive and kick offense, to open things up and use the kind of spacing Bargnani gives, but we're not that type of team either because we don't have shooters all around.

Bargnani would be really good if we had multiple ball handlers who can run the pick and roll effectively at the level where defenses have to collapse, but we don't have that either.

All I'm saying is, why not use the middle of the floor too? After all, it is closer to the basket. Using the middle of the floor opens up the offense for ball movement, man movement, etc.
              we dont execute in the forth.. we get outcoached.. we have the wrong people on the floor.. run the wrong plays.. dont play defense.. we lose... and we look horrible doing it

Comment

• The Raps played well the loss is on Lucas and Anderson. The ball movement dies with those 2 out.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  The Raps played well the loss is on Lucas and Anderson. The ball movement dies with those 2 out.
                  Damn. It used to die when AB was out there. I missed most of the game and forgot to pvr it. But AB looked engaged in the fourth from what I could see. Raps execution was crap for the most part in the fourth. And stupid turnovers. Who tries to throw a low overhand pass over an opposing player? Got taught not to do that in high school.

Comment

• You can blame, chemistry and such but I dont buy that completely or even on Coach Casey he outcoached Rivers in the 3rd zone, zone ,man ,zone,man kept making Cs confused it was great. The execution of Lucas and Anderson making awful decisions and having 6 turnovers in the 4th killed the team.

Lucas and Anderson have got to learn they are role players not franchise talent! The Raps were talented enough to just close out this game and win we need better guys off the bench that arent selfish chuckers.
                    Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• dont worry guys it was THE CELTICS what else did you expect?

Comment

• im starting to wonder if Lowry was beefin with DC cause he wanted to start, or if he thinks DC is a shit coach! if only we could have kept Triano around as an offensive coordinator..

Comment

• Last night was just another indication of how far away this team is from competing.

At home, healthy, against a depleted team you need to beat. Proceed to blow huge 4th quarter lead.

The last two lottery pick combined for 7 minutes.

The problem with trying to win now is that you actually have to win. If you don't win, and you don't develop your young players, what exactly are you doing? Team baffles me.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Last night was just another indication of how far away this team is from competing.

At home, healthy, against a depleted team you need to beat. Proceed to blow huge 4th quarter lead.

The last two lottery pick combined for 7 minutes.

The problem with trying to win now is that you actually have to win. If you don't win, and you don't develop your young players, what exactly are you doing? Team baffles me.
                            I don't get it either. We all know it will take a minor miracle for this team to have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

How Anderson gets any playing time over Ross or Fields (when healthy), is beyond me.

I thought last night was a great game to get Valanciunas some playing time against Boston's 2nd unit (matched up against Collins), while Bargnani/Gray played against Garnett.

Rebuild, retooling, whatever... I don't care what you call it, just give more playing time to the players that are the future of this franchise!

Comment

• i think DC is trying to hold the rookies accountable hence why Ross didnt play much after allowing a couple drives early... the prob i have with that is if your going to hold guys accountable u HAVE TO hold everyone accountable even the vet scrubs like AA, it doesnt send a good message to the rooks if the vets on the bench always get burn even when they suck! yet they make 1 mistake & get benched.. AA defence is over rated IMO he cant do anything that Ross hasnt already done!

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                                i think DC is trying to hold the rookies accountable hence why Ross didnt play much after allowing a couple drives early... the prob i have with that is if your going to hold guys accountable u HAVE TO hold everyone accountable even the vet scrubs like AA, it doesnt send a good message to the rooks if the vets on the bench always get burn even when they suck! yet they make 1 mistake & get benched.. AA defence is over rated IMO he cant do anything that Ross hasnt already done!
                                I am not in Casey's head but I highly doubt it's about accountability. They are trying to win and Casey believes the best way to do that is to play the vets. Don't think there is anything more to it than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X