GT: Boston Celtics vs Toronto Raptors- Keep the loses to minimum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    I am not in Casey's head but I highly doubt it's about accountability. They are trying to win and Casey believes the best way to do that is to play the vets. Don't think there is anything more to it than that.
    It's totally about winning. Coaches on 2 year deals are only concerned about one thing...their resumes.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Last night was just another indication of how far away this team is from competing.

At home, healthy, against a depleted team you need to beat. Proceed to blow huge 4th quarter lead.

The last two lottery pick combined for 7 minutes.

The problem with trying to win now is that you actually have to win. If you don't win, and you don't develop your young players, what exactly are you doing? Team baffles me.
      Seriously.

Personally though, I think this team has enough talent to compete for that 8th seed had they played together all season and I don't think the game versus Boston should have been close. I am fully willing to admit I might be a delusional homer on this but that is how I feel.

My frustrations:
      1) offensive sets are not playing to the strengths of the players on the roster,
      2) defense is awful,
      3) young guys are not playing any significant minutes,
      4) AA is the focal point of the offense with Lowry, Gay, DD, and Bargnani on the floor... at the same f*&$#*#@ TIME!

I admire Casey for the respect he gets from his players and the effort for the overwhelmingly majority of games. Unfortunately as time goes along I am starting to think he is a fantastic, championship calibre assistant coach..... not a head coach.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Seriously.
        I admire Casey for the respect he gets from his players and the effort for the overwhelmingly majority of games. Unfortunately as time goes along I am starting to think he is a fantastic, championship caliber assistant coach..... not a head coach.
        Quick notes about the Boston game i hadn't posted.
        Lowry had a great 3rd qtr. When he driving & looking to dish he was helping. It was impressive he was getting rebounds. Other then that I wasn't happy. Just made me miss Barbosa. Boston's PG Bradley has the game I wish i'd see at our PG. He CONTINUALLY drove to the basket.John Lucas is a problem. Casey has to talk with him. Twice he was under the basket against KG alone. Lowry honestly couldn't even rest in the 4th qtr, cause Lucas was crapping up the court sooooo much.

Understand you can't play Ross in the 3rd or 4th of this game. Think the C's would have killed him. He could have played more in that brutal 2nd qtr. Raptors had alot of steals which was nice to see. Defense was ok.

Think we lost the game the same way we always do. We missed three(3) consecutive three(3) point shots. The Celtics went after Bargs. He should not have been in the game that long, his defense is to poor. Also upset DD wasn't in the game with 6:00 left in the 4th qtr. Understand Rudy Gay gets the last shot, just a shame he has to rebound as well. WHY CAN'T WE INBOUND THE BASKETBALL. Just simply in-bounding the ball to have a chance to win is so basic. RAPTORS HAVE LOST GAMES & this is still happening. All of these things are Casey's fault. This has to be addressed. I am not saying toss the baby out with the bath water, but my MAIN concern in this game was how we executed. That is Casey's fault.

Comment

• RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
          Quick notes about the Boston game i hadn't posted.
          Lowry had a great 3rd qtr. When he driving & looking to dish he was helping. It was impressive he was getting rebounds. Other then that I wasn't happy. Just made me miss Barbosa. Boston's PG Bradley has the game I wish i'd see at our PG. He CONTINUALLY drove to the basket.John Lucas is a problem. Casey has to talk with him. Twice he was under the basket against KG alone. Lowry honestly couldn't even rest in the 4th qtr, cause Lucas was crapping up the court sooooo much.

Understand you can't play Ross in the 3rd or 4th of this game. Think the C's would have killed him. He could have played more in that brutal 2nd qtr. Raptors had alot of steals which was nice to see. Defense was ok.

Think we lost the game the same way we always do. We missed three(3) consecutive three(3) point shots. The Celtics went after Bargs. He should not have been in the game that long, his defense is to poor. Also upset DD wasn't in the game with 6:00 left in the 4th qtr. Understand Rudy Gay gets the last shot, just a shame he has to rebound as well. WHY CAN'T WE INBOUND THE BASKETBALL. Just simply in-bounding the ball to have a chance to win is so basic. RAPTORS HAVE LOST GAMES & this is still happening. All of these things are Casey's fault. This has to be addressed. I am not saying toss the baby out with the bath water, but my MAIN concern in this game was how we executed. That is Casey's fault.
          Would Casey allow that in Toronto though?

Lowry was a constant penetration threat (heinz, I set you up) for the last few seasons. Now he is relegated to blending his game with that of a recent former Raptor point guard. I hope with the addition of Gay and his ability to get his own shot, Lowry can stop focusing on the spoon feeding of others and get back to what he does best. The game versus Boston showed a glimpse that I hope becomes more consistent moving forward.

Comment

Working...
          X