Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3-pt dunk: Proposed rule change

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

why dont we just forget basketball, add trampolines inside the arc and make tackling allowed?

oh wait...

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    No, per stretch we are doing away with the concept of points altogether. It's strictly judges from here on in. lol. BTW, where is the 4-pt line? Is that like a dunk from half-court?
    Lol idk he'll figure it out. Also throw in a 20 point line to avoid blow outs
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, thx for the comments. Slamball was a brilliant post which pretty much ends the thought.

Actually, in all seriousness, this got me thinking about the real 3-pt line. Should a 24-ft shot really be worth one full point more than a 23-ft shot? I can rationalize that a free throw is only worth 1 point because it's uncontested. But a 3-pointer is simply a matter of where your feet are. And the corner 3 is even shorter. It seems like the 3-point shot has a disproportionate risk/reward and outcome to the game, relative to other things that are going on in the game. Anybody else thought about this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    I like this, but the free throw line is a bit too far away. Imagine a team down by 3 at the end of a game. You would have to guard both the '3-pt dunk' line and the traditional 3-pt line. So now you would have guys taking off 'kamikaze-style' from the free throw line to try and tie the game with guys waiting for them under the rim. That's action.
    Haha. now that, would be awesome.

Raptors Republic All-Star FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    why dont we just forget basketball, add trampolines inside the arc and make tackling allowed?

oh wait...

damn I miss that shit

Thread Information