Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: List of 2013 Free Agents

Post Thanks / Like

Default List of 2013 Free Agents

Seeing as there's tonnes of trade ideas I thought this would help out some of you. The list includes both restricted (team+qualifying offer) and unrestricted (free+player options)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

the only raptor of note is Lowry at 6.2mill next year. gray, lucas, anderson are expendable. klieza has a pretty 4.6mill player option (the fuck?).

i thought 2012 was a big year but it looks like 2013 will be even bigger.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope Kleiza is healthy next year. I still think he can help the team with AA gone next year. We really don't have a post up SF right now that can also shoot 3s and grab rebounds.

Post Thanks / Like

I expect Kleiza & Gray to exercise their options for next season, with Kleiza being a likely amnesty candidate.

I expect the team to pickup the option on Lowry, but decline the options on Haddadi and Lucas.

The team could re-sign Anderson as the 5th wing, but only for the right price.

I expect Pietrus will walk as a free agent.

That means, barring further trades, the Raptors will have 11 players under contract and 2 more 50/50 players: Lucas (team option) & Anderson (free agent). The 11 players under contract would make a combined $71,383,759. Kleiza's amnesty would save $4,600,000, while bringing back Lucas would add another $1,567,500. If both happenend, there would still be 11 players under contract, making a combined $68,351,259.

C: Valanciunas, Gray
    PF: Bargnani, Johnson, Acy
    SF: Gay, Fields, Kleiza*
    SG: DeRozan, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Lucas**

The Raps would still need to add an upgraded backup PG, at the absolute very least.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Feb 5th, 2013 at 04:49 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we should go after CP3, offer max for him and have Lowry as backup. If that fails then go after Jack. Jarrett Jack is so underrated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    I think we should go after CP3, offer max for him and have Lowry as backup. If that fails then go after Jack. Jarrett Jack is so underrated.
    We can't offer CP3 max money and there's no way he'd ever sign here. Jack was crap his first time here, so no thank you.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza is a good player, but his career in NBA is kaput. The injury messed it up, plus he does not fit in this team so I wish him to play in Europe. There must be something better than Gray though, dude misses shots under the basket.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Kleiza is a good player, but his career in NBA is kaput. The injury messed it up, plus he does not fit in this team so I wish him to play in Europe. There must be something better than Gray though, dude misses shots under the basket.
    It would be great if both Gray and Kleiza walked away from their options, but I think it's doubtful. Kleiza will probably pickup his option, get amnestied, then go get paid more to play in Europe. I doubt Gray would attract more money on the open market, so I'm guessing he'll re-up as well.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    CP3 is not coming to TO. He is staying in Clipperland, most likely.

As for Jack...been there,