Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: List of 2013 Free Agents

  1. #41
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    *Praying* OMG, please make this happen. Jefferson at the 4 with JV? Are you kidding me?

    Lowry
    Fields
    Gay
    Jefferson
    Valanciunas

    *I just wet myself*
    Hmmmm. Intriguing. I kind of like it. Gay becomes the primary guy - "come hell or high water" - and you have a guy you can throw the ball into the low block. Fields at the two might not give you the scoring, but might be what a team misses, only because he doesn't force bad shots, great cutter, and good rebounder. Not to mention his defense is really good. He becomes that guy that balances out all the stagnant play of trying to get Rudy going via isolation, Lowry in late clock, Al in the low block. JV becomes a 5th option, which I like because he can become the primary PICK-&-ROLL guy, and will work the offensive boards.

    Oh yeah, that would be a tall, tall front-court of Gay, Jefferson, and JV. 6'9, 6'10/6'11, 7'. Wow, that would be nice.

    Only problem is, will Ross be ready to step up come next season? I sure hope he will be.

  2. #42
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Utah is one of if not the worst 3 point shooting team in the league it could happen and they also need a PG, I could see them pulling the trigger on Bargs in a deal we need him to play at a decent level through the rest of this season though,
    They'll likely take Bargnani only if Derozan is included, but another problem lies within that because both of them alone, the outgoing salary is $20 million for one year!! Plus, on long term contracts. Unless Utah has the amnesty provision left, Derozan either becomes a big time wing player for them, or he becomes another trade asset. I don't know what'll happen to Bargnani quite frankly...

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Forget about Al Jeff, Paul Millsap, Josh Smith or Gortat, neither of the four will ever wanna sign with the Raps. I say let's go hard at these players. We need a veteran PF with starting PF potential someone like Elton Brand (who played well for the Mavericks), give the guy a 2 years 8mil contract. Sign a backup center with veteran experience, someone like Ma.Speights, Dalembart, J'Oneal or Emeka Okafor to provide some veteran help for Jonas so he can elevate his game in his 2nd or 3rd year. Sign a backup PG in (Udrih, Augustin, W.Bynum, or Devin Harris) to backup Lowry, resign John Lucas so he can be our 3rd string PG and Alan Anderson as a 5th wing option. We will have to look at FA as opposed to the draft.

  4. #44
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Forget about Al Jeff, Paul Millsap, Josh Smith or Gortat, neither of the four will ever wanna sign with the Raps. I say let's go hard at these players. We need a veteran PF with starting PF potential someone like Elton Brand (who played well for the Mavericks), give the guy a 2 years 8mil contract. Sign a backup center with veteran experience, someone like Ma.Speights, Dalembart, J'Oneal or Emeka Okafor to provide some veteran help for Jonas so he can elevate his game in his 2nd or 3rd year. Sign a backup PG in (Udrih, Augustin, W.Bynum, or Devin Harris) to backup Lowry, resign John Lucas so he can be our 3rd string PG and Alan Anderson as a 5th wing option. We will have to look at FA as opposed to the draft.
    WE DON'T HAVE THE FINANCE TO DO THAT! The Toronto Raptors are a broke organization sir! Have you not understood that?! LOL.

    Only way to get these names, or adding these type of names is via trade/MLE/S-&-T...

  5. #45
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Just realized Aminu is an UFA next season.

    NOH did not pick up the option on him.

    I have always liked him. Would love to see him in Toronto.
    If DeRozan were to be traded for a PF like Millsap, I think a guy like Aminu would be a great backup SF, especially paired with Ross as the 2nd unit wings (assuming Fields becomes the starting SG).

  6. #46
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Fix'd
    No chance the Raps land a stud PF like Jefferson/Millsap without trading DeRozan in a S&T deal. Sorry, but Bargnani and garbage isn't going to get it done and the Raps are way over the cap.

  7. #47
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    No chance the Raps land a stud PF like Jefferson/Millsap without trading DeRozan in a S&T deal. Sorry, but Bargnani and garbage isn't going to get it done and the Raps are way over the cap.
    +1.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Derozan is going to be here for a while, he still hasnt reached his ceiling
    @RavNation

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote YYZ wrote: View Post
    Derozan is going to be here for a while, he still hasnt reached his ceiling
    If he plateaus, he's not going anywhere with that contract
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    If he plateaus, he's not going anywhere with that contract
    True, but very few professional ball players have his work ethic. *insert Drake's Started from the Bottom*
    @RavNation

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Rookie DeRozanJohnsonFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dwight Howard?????? joke

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why do people wanna trade demar .. ? Im telling you we won't but that's a very good thing, right now he isn't shooting threes but has 18pts per game, watch when he nails down that 3pt shot .. Damn

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What this team needs is a PF. A guy that will be a threat to score down low. If they can't get Millsap or Jefferson do you guys think it's realistic to get a guy like Hickson?

    If they can't, the guy that i would target is Elton Brand I know he's in his mid 30's but the guy can still play. He's still a double-double guy in this league.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm really curious as to what Hickson gets in free agency. I'd say fair market value should be around $8-9 million, but I could also see him getting Kris Humphries sort of numbers, $11-12 million. Either way, he probably ends up moving on a sign-and-trade, and unless we find an unexpected market for Bargnani, that probably means trading DeRozan or Amir. I'd move Demar for Millsap or Jefferson, but not for Hickson. And I'm not convinced Hickson is a big enough upgrade over Amir that I'd move one for the other, likely paying Hickson more to put up similar numbers in a similar role.

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    What this team needs is a PF. A guy that will be a threat to score down low. If they can't get Millsap or Jefferson do you guys think it's realistic to get a guy like Hickson?

    If they can't, the guy that i would target is Elton Brand I know he's in his mid 30's but the guy can still play. He's still a double-double guy in this league.
    JJ Hickson is in his contract year so i would stay away from him. I'm down for Jefferson or Brand
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  16. #56
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,054
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jon Lucas makes more money than Matt Barnes...
    You gotta be kidding me...

    The more I look into this list, and thank you for posting the list, the more I realize just how much money (more) is paid out to the Raptors than other competitive teams.

    There is no PF on that list making anywhere near as much money as AB, and let's not talk about player value... Just the sheer income that he's making..

    crazy.. MLSE is like BC's wonderland..
    Last edited by drunkmunky; Wed Mar 13th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    Jon Lucas makes more money than Matt Barnes...
    You gotta be kidding me...

    The more I look into this list, and thank you for posting the list, the more I realize just how much money (more) is paid out to the Raptors than other competitive teams.

    There is no PF on that list making anywhere near as much money as AB, and let's not talk about player value... Just the sheer income that he's making..

    crazy.. MLSE is like BC's wonderland..
    Lucas was in demand this summer with offers from Chicago and Miami.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •