List of 2013 Free Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of 2013 Free Agents

Seeing as there's tonnes of trade ideas I thought this would help out some of you. The list includes both restricted (team+qualifying offer) and unrestricted (free+player options)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/

the only raptor of note is Lowry at 6.2mill next year. gray, lucas, anderson are expendable. klieza has a pretty 4.6mill player option (the fuck?).

i thought 2012 was a big year but it looks like 2013 will be even bigger.

I really hope Kleiza is healthy next year. I still think he can help the team with AA gone next year. We really don't have a post up SF right now that can also shoot 3s and grab rebounds.

Comment

I expect Kleiza & Gray to exercise their options for next season, with Kleiza being a likely amnesty candidate.

I expect the team to pickup the option on Lowry, but decline the options on Haddadi and Lucas.

The team could re-sign Anderson as the 5th wing, but only for the right price.

I expect Pietrus will walk as a free agent.

That means, barring further trades, the Raptors will have 11 players under contract and 2 more 50/50 players: Lucas (team option) & Anderson (free agent). The 11 players under contract would make a combined $71,383,759. Kleiza's amnesty would save $4,600,000, while bringing back Lucas would add another $1,567,500. If both happenend, there would still be 11 players under contract, making a combined $68,351,259.

C: Valanciunas, Gray
      PF: Bargnani, Johnson, Acy
      SF: Gay, Fields, Kleiza*
      SG: DeRozan, Ross
      PG: Lowry, Lucas**

The Raps would still need to add an upgraded backup PG, at the absolute very least.
      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Feb 5, 2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I think we should go after CP3, offer max for him and have Lowry as backup. If that fails then go after Jack. Jarrett Jack is so underrated.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          I think we should go after CP3, offer max for him and have Lowry as backup. If that fails then go after Jack. Jarrett Jack is so underrated.
          We can't offer CP3 max money and there's no way he'd ever sign here. Jack was crap his first time here, so no thank you.

Comment

Kleiza is a good player, but his career in NBA is kaput. The injury messed it up, plus he does not fit in this team so I wish him to play in Europe. There must be something better than Gray though, dude misses shots under the basket.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              Kleiza is a good player, but his career in NBA is kaput. The injury messed it up, plus he does not fit in this team so I wish him to play in Europe. There must be something better than Gray though, dude misses shots under the basket.
              It would be great if both Gray and Kleiza walked away from their options, but I think it's doubtful. Kleiza will probably pickup his option, get amnestied, then go get paid more to play in Europe. I doubt Gray would attract more money on the open market, so I'm guessing he'll re-up as well.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                CP3 is not coming to TO. He is staying in Clipperland, most likely.

As for Jack...been there, done that...no thank you.

We'll see what money, or exceptions, or whatever we have to work with in the offseason. Hopefully we don't get stuck with John Lucas and an unproven 3rd stringer young PG or something. I like Lucas as a 3rd PG who CAN step up and be a backup, but it shouldn't be his permanent role. And while if we can't get a trade, someone like a D-leaguer may be ok for depth in the short term, that won't cut it for a whole season.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  It would be great if both Gray and Kleiza walked away from their options, but I think it's doubtful. Kleiza will probably pickup his option, get amnestied, then go get paid more to play in Europe. I doubt Gray would attract more money on the open market, so I'm guessing he'll re-up as well.
                  Wait, why do you want Gray to walk? He's cheap, is a 3rd C basically who can move up and start if need be. I'd rather have him then cut a million and have a Patrick O'Bryant type there. Gray and Acy are our end of bench bigs...they're both fine and cheap for that.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Wait, why do you want Gray to walk? He's cheap, is a 3rd C basically who can move up and start if need be. I'd rather have him then cut a million and have a Patrick O'Bryant type there. Gray and Acy are our end of bench bigs...they're both fine and cheap for that.
                    That's true. I'm 50/50 on Gray, only because I'd prefer a bit better backup C while Valanciunas learns the ropes. I think he'll exercise his option anyway, so it's a moot point. I certainly won't be upset to see him stick around for another season, especially making just $2.7M.

Comment

I expect Kleiza & Gray to exercise their options for next season, with Kleiza being a likely amnesty candidate.

I expect the team to pickup the option on Lowry, but decline the options on Haddadi and Lucas.

The team could re-sign Anderson as the 5th wing, but only for the right price.

I expect Pietrus will walk as a free agent.

That means, barring further trades, the Raptors will have 11 players under contract and 2 more 50/50 players: Lucas (team option) & Anderson (free agent). The 11 players under contract would make a combined $71,383,759. Kleiza's amnesty would save $4,600,000, while bringing back Lucas would add another $1,567,500. If both happenend, there would still be 11 players under contract, making a combined $68,351,259.

C: Valanciunas, Gray
                      PF: Bargnani, Johnson, Acy
                      SF: Gay, Fields, Kleiza*
                      SG: DeRozan, Ross
                      PG: Lowry, Lucas**

The Raps would still need to add an upgraded backup PG, at the absolute very least.
                      All of that puts us really close to the tax, which should be at around $71 million. That means the apron is going to be at $75 million. Other key numbers:
                      The non-taxpayer mid-level exception is about $5 million. We can use all of this as long as going so does not take us over the apron. But doing so gives us a hard-cap at the apron for the remainder of the year.
                      The tax-payer exception is about $3 million, which we can only use if we don't use the non-taxpayer exception.
                      The bi-annual exception should be available to us, I believe (they used it in 2011 to sign Forbes, so they couldn't use it last year). If we use it, again the apron becomes a hard-cap for the remainder of the year.

The other key factor is that starting with the 2013-14 season, sign-and-trades are no-longer available to teams over the apron (or teams that would move over the apron as a result of the trade).

So, using your numbers, if we were at 68,351,259, we could use the mid-level exception to bring in one (or more) player totalling $5.1 million, bringing us to about $73.5. At that point, we could either fill out the roster with minimum contract players, or use the bi-annual exception up to around $75 million, but at that point it becomes a hard cap for the rest of the year.

My perfect world option would be to trade Bargnani on a sign-and-trade for a PF like Millsap, then use the taxpayer exception to bring in another PG at around $3 million, and then we'd be over the apron, but we wouldn't have the same restrictions on future moves that we would have if we used the bi-annual exception.

Comment

I wonder if BC could pull off a trade with PHX Bargs for Gortat... u think there front office can still be conned by BC like the Turk trade??? maybe another favor? Id make that my #1 priority with Gasol next on the list, if we cant swing for the fences then wait for free agency

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          I wonder if BC could pull off a trade with PHX Bargs for Gortat... u think there front office can still be conned by BC like the Turk trade??? maybe another favor? Id make that my #1 priority with Gasol next on the list, if we cant swing for the fences then wait for free agency
                          Hard to see it happening. I'd be happy with it though. They're not exactly deep at center though. If they're going into tank mode, and assuming we're still trading Bargs but wait for the season to play out, Scola is also someone I'd consider targeting when the offseason comes. If PHX is going to suck while he's there, he won't want to stay.
                          *Not sure they'll be in a rush to trade Gortat for a guy like Bargs, too, maybe better chance in the offseason.

Comment

We can't offer CP3 max money and there's no way he'd ever sign here. Jack was crap his first time here, so no thank you.
                            IDK what you watched but Jack played well here and he's playing well with the GSWs too. I think he'd be a great vet to have on this team moving forward.

Comment

waive haddadi brings us to 70.7 mill.

so we definitely need to amnesty a player to use an exception.

depending on who we amnestry, would leave us with about 2 to 4 million in exception space to sign someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X