List of 2013 Free Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Especially when we have Landry Fields in the team.
    I meant the rebounding part.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      I meant the rebounding part.
      Landry fields can rebound very well. What we need is a Vet Big like Brand or Jefferson

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Landry fields can rebound very well. What we need is a Vet Big like Brand or Jefferson
        After what Derrick Favors did last night, Al Jefferson should've been gone well before trade deadline. They have a budding talent sitting on the bench because they can't figure out what they want to do with Al and Millsap.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

After what Derrick Favors did last night, Al Jefferson should've been gone well before trade deadline. They have a budding talent sitting on the bench because they can't figure out what they want to do with Al and Millsap.
          They are both as good as gone. The Jazz are letting them walk in the off season to go into rebuilding mode with Favors, Kanter, and Burks. We should aggressively pursue Jefferson in the off season. We are getting smashed on the boards on most nights and we lack size at the 4 and 5 spots. JV is still a season or two away from being a force and Amir can't do everything himself

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            They are both as good as gone. The Jazz are letting them walk in the off season to go into rebuilding mode with Favors, Kanter, and Burks. We should aggressively pursue Jefferson in the off season. We are getting smashed on the boards on most nights and we lack size at the 4 and 5 spots. JV is still a season or two away from being a force and Amir can't do everything himself
            The only way Jefferson ends up here is with your avatar in Utah.... and even that seems unlikely, well, at least to me.

Comment

Excellent rebounder at the 3. Something we need.
              I've always thought of him as a tweener. He is a tad short for PF but does have a 7'3.25" wingspan and certainly has athleticism.

I wonder would he be better suited for PF?

He is really slim though. He actually looks thinner now than in college so I doubt he is capable of playing PF like I was originally thinking.

Ahhhh shit. Never mind.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I've always thought of him as a tweener. He is a tad short for PF but does have a 7'3.25" wingspan and certainly has athleticism.

I wonder would he be better suited for PF?

He is really slim though. He actually looks thinner now than in college so I doubt he is capable of playing PF like I was originally thinking.

Ahhhh shit. Never mind.
                Definitely has the height but he only weighs 215... per 36 minutes he's grabbing 10.2 rebounds this year. Yikes.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

The only way Jefferson ends up here is with your avatar in Utah.... and even that seems unlikely, well, at least to me.
                  *Praying* OMG, please make this happen. Jefferson at the 4 with JV? Are you kidding me?

Lowry
                  Fields
                  Gay
                  Jefferson
                  Valanciunas

*I just wet myself*
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Utah is one of if not the worst 3 point shooting team in the league it could happen and they also need a PG, I could see them pulling the trigger on Bargs in a deal we need him to play at a decent level through the rest of this season though,

Comment

*Praying* OMG, please make this happen. Jefferson at the 4 with JV? Are you kidding me?

Lowry
                      DeRozan
                      Gay
                      Milsap
                      Valanciunas

*I just wet myself*
                      Fix'd

Comment

Lowry
                        Fields
                        Gay
                        Jefferson
                        Valanciunas

*I just wet myself*
                        Hmmmm. Intriguing. I kind of like it. Gay becomes the primary guy - "come hell or high water" - and you have a guy you can throw the ball into the low block. Fields at the two might not give you the scoring, but might be what a team misses, only because he doesn't force bad shots, great cutter, and good rebounder. Not to mention his defense is really good. He becomes that guy that balances out all the stagnant play of trying to get Rudy going via isolation, Lowry in late clock, Al in the low block. JV becomes a 5th option, which I like because he can become the primary PICK-&-ROLL guy, and will work the offensive boards.

Oh yeah, that would be a tall, tall front-court of Gay, Jefferson, and JV. 6'9, 6'10/6'11, 7'. Wow, that would be nice.

Only problem is, will Ross be ready to step up come next season? I sure hope he will be.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          Utah is one of if not the worst 3 point shooting team in the league it could happen and they also need a PG, I could see them pulling the trigger on Bargs in a deal we need him to play at a decent level through the rest of this season though,
                          They'll likely take Bargnani only if Derozan is included, but another problem lies within that because both of them alone, the outgoing salary is $20 million for one year!! Plus, on long term contracts. Unless Utah has the amnesty provision left, Derozan either becomes a big time wing player for them, or he becomes another trade asset. I don't know what'll happen to Bargnani quite frankly...

Comment

Forget about Al Jeff, Paul Millsap, Josh Smith or Gortat, neither of the four will ever wanna sign with the Raps. I say let's go hard at these players. We need a veteran PF with starting PF potential someone like Elton Brand (who played well for the Mavericks), give the guy a 2 years 8mil contract. Sign a backup center with veteran experience, someone like Ma.Speights, Dalembart, J'Oneal or Emeka Okafor to provide some veteran help for Jonas so he can elevate his game in his 2nd or 3rd year. Sign a backup PG in (Udrih, Augustin, W.Bynum, or Devin Harris) to backup Lowry, resign John Lucas so he can be our 3rd string PG and Alan Anderson as a 5th wing option. We will have to look at FA as opposed to the draft.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                              Forget about Al Jeff, Paul Millsap, Josh Smith or Gortat, neither of the four will ever wanna sign with the Raps. I say let's go hard at these players. We need a veteran PF with starting PF potential someone like Elton Brand (who played well for the Mavericks), give the guy a 2 years 8mil contract. Sign a backup center with veteran experience, someone like Ma.Speights, Dalembart, J'Oneal or Emeka Okafor to provide some veteran help for Jonas so he can elevate his game in his 2nd or 3rd year. Sign a backup PG in (Udrih, Augustin, W.Bynum, or Devin Harris) to backup Lowry, resign John Lucas so he can be our 3rd string PG and Alan Anderson as a 5th wing option. We will have to look at FA as opposed to the draft.
                              WE DON'T HAVE THE FINANCE TO DO THAT! The Toronto Raptors are a broke organization sir! Have you not understood that?! LOL.

Only way to get these names, or adding these type of names is via trade/MLE/S-&-T...

Comment

Just realized Aminu is an UFA next season.

NOH did not pick up the option on him.

I have always liked him. Would love to see him in Toronto.
                                If DeRozan were to be traded for a PF like Millsap, I think a guy like Aminu would be a great backup SF, especially paired with Ross as the 2nd unit wings (assuming Fields becomes the starting SG).

Comment

Working...
                                X