Blessing in Disguise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blessing in Disguise?

With the fear that Gasol may have injured his Plantar Fascia and may be out for a while will this force us to rethink our trade options.Kinda like the whole Nash jumping ship to the lakers and we end up with Lowry? And if not Gasol, will a PF like Millsap be available.

Thoughts...

I dont like Bargnani anymore but honestly.... if he can come back and play well, we are going to be in a great position.

Lets go Bargnaniiiiiii!

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
      I dont like Bargnani anymore but honestly.... if he can come back and play well, we are going to be in a great position.

Lets go Bargnaniiiiiii!
      If Gasol proves to be out for a longer period of time, Bargnani could become really attractive for the Lakers.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

after gasol nothing on the Lakers I would like.and any space we might have had to absorb a contract is gone. our salaries have to match now

Comment

I promised myself i won't type the word Jose today. Part of the process my therapist suggested in order to let go. Don't tell.

The big thing with everyone now is Lowry & Gay's "relationship."
          Has anyone considers Pau Gasol & Jose. Imagine them working the pick & roll in Raptor uniforms. (Tearing up)

My question is.... Do you take a hurt Pau Gasol for a healthy Bargs? I very disappointed in Bargs, not sure if I hate him that much. Ok... I do hate him that much but the goal is to win. For the sake of the playoffs this year...as long as he comes of the bench & is surrounded by our best defenders..... guess i'd go .....your not gonna make me type it are you?

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            after gasol nothing on the Lakers I would like.and any space we might have had to absorb a contract is gone. our salaries have to match now
            3 or 4 team trade is possible.

Comment

thought the same thing - gasol is not the answer for us so hopefully this derails any potential trade for him

Comment

Either Gasol's injury hampers the move of Bargs or accelerates it. BC is probably just as clueless as we are at this point.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

We want a young power forward and a back up PG coming back in a return for Barg's. The team is young so why not look for a young PF to grow with the team not an old vet. like Gasol ! Maybe we can dump Kleiza or Fields to make the trade a little bigger. But I say stay away from Gasol trade!!! Please go young!!

Comment

badbob wrote: View Post
                    We want a young power forward and a back up PG coming back in a return for Barg's. The team is young so why not look for a young PF to grow with the team not an old vet. like Gasol ! Maybe we can dump Kleiza or Fields to make the trade a little bigger. But I say stay away from Gasol trade!!! Please go young!!
                    +1

I don't want the team to make the play-offs this year, I want them to miss by a basket. Then grow all through next year so they have a chance to finish 6th/5th. That requires getting young developing players in a trade before the deadline so they have a chance to be worked into the Raps offensive/defensive schemes.

Comment

Rap4Life wrote: View Post
                      With the fear that Gasol may have injured his Plantar Fascia and may be out for a while will this force us to rethink our trade options.Kinda like the whole Nash jumping ship to the lakers and we end up with Lowry? And if not Gasol, will a PF like Millsap be available.

Thoughts...
                      Milsap would be a great addition, but how does this team pay him next year and long term while keeping (most of)the rest of the roster intact? Even if we assume Milsap would be available and obtainable, he may end up being nothing more than a half season rental.

We want a young power forward and a back up PG coming back in a return for Barg's. The team is young so why not look for a young PF to grow with the team not an old vet. like Gasol !
                      Some one can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this team was around the average NBA age. Which isn't old by any means, but comparatively not particularily young.

Besides that, if the goal is the playoffs this year or next, doesn't adding some veteran experience and a more talented player make alot of sense?

Comment

Gasol still has (at least) 3 years of all-star calibre play left in him. It wouldn't necessarily be a short-sighted move to get him.

Comment

Bargnani for Earl Clark.....

Comment

Let's trade Bargnani for Ed and Jose.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                              Milsap would be a great addition, but how does this team pay him next year and long term while keeping (most of)the rest of the roster intact? Even if we assume Milsap would be available and obtainable, he may end up being nothing more than a half season rental.
                              Bargnani is obviously the one long term piece that doesn't seem to fit. The assumption is that Bargnani is traded in any Millsap deal (perhaps not to Utah directly but via a 3rd team).

Toronto would get Millsap's Bird rights.. they can sign him to a deal even if they go above the cap to do it. If they are able to move Bargnani to get Millsap then that would be adding only $2-$3M to the roster (ie, the difference between Bargnani's salary and Millsap's extension).

Assuming Kleiza is amnestied.. they'd be in the tax at about $71M (assuming Millsap's first year is at $12M) next year. That's still $3M below the apron.

If Millsap leaves in free agency then they are able to shed $10M (Bargnani's salary) from their roster without having to use the amnesty. They could then use the amnesty on Kleiza and have some wiggle room (ie, be able to get far enough away from tax so they can offer the full MLE and not be penalized by being a tax team). If the salary cap goes up as projected then they may even get under the cap and have some flexibility back.

It's a gamble, but I do think that if you show Millsap the money he will stay.. and if Bargnani's salary is dumped without needing to use the amnesty I think that's a bonus.

For those that are hoping for some kind of asset for Bargnani then this wouldn't work unless there was an agreement already in place from Millsap that he would resign. I'm personally okay if we don't get anything back for him. I just want the Bargnani era to come to an end before next season starts whether or not he returns an asset.

Comment

Working...
                              X