Blessing in Disguise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I'm hoping that your inability to read is only on the Internet. I said, "Once Fields' bloated contract is done, Ross comes in." Not once did I allude to the fact that Ross will be taking over NOW. BTW, Ross is pretty self explanatory, once Fields goes away - in 3 years. There's also the duplication of skill. Gay and DD cannot space the floor and neither can they really shoot the 3-rock. In 3 years, I'd like to think that Ross will have a better 3-point shot and as it stand right NOW, he's a way better perimeter defender that DD ever will! There I said it. Ross is a better defender the DD. Insert shock here.

As for the deal with Milwaukee and Utah, makes sense to me. Really makes sense to me.
    You're one of the very few that thinks this deal makes any sense for us. Ross can take Fields spot RIGHT NOW. We dont need to wait 3 years!

Fields does not make up for the loss of Derozan and Ross is a rookie RIGHT NOW. You were talking about making this trade RIGHT NOW...

Dude this trade is WACK ....are you a Raptor fan or a Millsap fanboy? (thumbs down)

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
      You're one of the very few that thinks this deal makes any sense for us. Ross can take Fields spot RIGHT NOW. We dont need to wait 3 years!

Fields does not make up for the loss of Derozan and Ross is a rookie RIGHT NOW. You were talking about making this trade RIGHT NOW...

Dude this trade is WACK ....are you a Raptor fan or a Millsap fanboy? (thumbs down)
      You're right, your vast superior knowledge overshadows mine. Checking my posts (1,304) vs. yours (104). You're right on that one too - I'm a Millsap fanboy. A thousand gold stickers to you!
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

You're right, your vast superior knowledge overshadows mine. Checking my posts (1,304) vs. yours (104). You're right on that one too - I'm a Millsap fanboy. A thousand gold stickers to you!
        Don't be too hard on the guy, he's special.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          OMG, we have the same post #'s. You must be a Millsap fan too!!!
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I don't know where these people are getting this "Rudy Gay can't shoot 3's" logic from. You must be either blind or retarded to think that. He CAN shoot the 3 and he takes a number of them in a game. He is a much better shooter than DeMar from long range you can't even compare them.

Comment

I don't want any part of Gasol. At his age and injury issues. I'd take Bargnani over him anyday of the week.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Bargnani for Earl Clark.....
                No...

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  I don't know where these people are getting this "Rudy Gay can't shoot 3's" logic from. You must be either blind or retarded to think that. He CAN shoot the 3 and he takes a number of them in a game. He is a much better shooter than DeMar from long range you can't even compare them.
                  Rudy can shoot 3's in as much as Aaron Gray can shoot 3's. It's just that it isn't very efficient. This season, he shoots a .314 (ranked 123rd) and has a career .344 3pt shooting percentage. Just saying.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                    No...
                    You know hes averaging almost a double double right? is crazy athletic and does many things on the court hes actually one of the prim reasons LAL arent completely useless.

Comment

I think it's important to think about your expectations of the team or what management's expectation of the team is... making the finals vs. making the playoffs takes a different level of talent and usually a different level of salary payroll.

I don't have a source but i seem to recall reading that the gay acquisition may have been the result of ownership wanting to increase talent. At the very least you expect that ownership was aware of our current salary and the Gay's salary. I think it safe to assume at the very least they are not horribly afraid to spend some money.

I have been on the trade bargnani band wagon for three years. However, my problem with Barg's was primarily due to expectations. He was never a franchise player. I did an in-depth analysis of his contract and performance vs. nba a couple of years ago (tried to find it but couldn't... maybe it was eaten by the everything bargs thread?) My conclusion then is still applicable today, bargnani gets paid like a 3rd or 4th option on a championship calibre team

For example Eastern Conference playoff teams (as of now)
                      Miami 17 mil, 17mil, 17mil, 6mil
                      NY 20 19 13 5
                      Indy 14 13 10 8
                      Chicago 16 15 13 11

Western Conference playoff teams (as of now)
                      SA 14 12 10 10(duncan only makes 10mil?!?!)
                      OKC 17 13 12 8
                      LAC 17 10 8 8 (does not include griffen who is at 7 mil)
                      DEN 15 10 9 6

Toronto 16 10 6 6

By looking at these rosters it's clear that bargs ranges from tied for 2nd to 5th in terms of salary and is anywhere for 3rd to 5th in terms of a teams depth chart.

I still think he is over paid. However, if you want to make it past the first round it is not ridiculous to pay 10 mill as the back up power forward. Amir is also playing at a very high level right now so is still capable to start. I don't see it being a problem to let bargs play out the rest of the season coming off the bench. If he raises his value then you can get more back for him OR stay with him coming off the bench. Then the only hole is a back up pg which I'm confident we can find in FA or by trading filler.

Lowry/2nd PG/JLIII
                      Derozan/Ross
                      Gay/Fields
                      Amir/Bargs
                      JV/Gray

As long as Derozan and Gay look like they are coexisting and bargs is coming off the bench you don't need to ship our derozan in order make a bargs trade happen, UNLESS you are really concerned about salary, something I've not heard the ownership be vocal about.

Ross isn't ready to take the leap as a starter, and neither is JV, so there's nothing wrong with making a deal like this in the off season or even waiting as long as the off season of 2014. Considering that we aren't going to be making the playoffs this year anyway, and that Ross & JV probably won't provide meaningful impact until the 2015-2016 season there's really no need to rush.

However, if you have a chance to trade derozan and bargs for Kevin Love you do it. I'd be happy to trade bargs + filler for Millsap but bargs + Derozan is giving up to much. If bargs + filler isn't enough to get millsap, then you take a pass and try to get someone else via trade in the off season or next year. I can't see bargs value getting any lower, but if it does just amnesty him in the off season. Yes that leaves us with the kleiza contract, but it'll be an expiring and we can just sit him on the bench, so it's not like i'll be much of a change from the rest of the 3 years he's been here.

Both Bargs and Derozan are expendable, but I don't think were under any pressure to make a bargs trade before the deadline just to get rid of him.

As much as I still want bargs off the team, I wanted him off the team for 3 years, so I don't see why 6-18 more months makes a big difference, if it means we get better talent back than if we traded tomorrow.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Well expressed and thought out.

Comment

My conclusion then is still applicable today, bargnani gets paid like a 3rd or 4th option on a championship calibre team
                          if you want to make it past the first round it is not ridiculous to pay 10 mill as the back up power forward
                          A simple comparison of salary doesn't mean players are fairly comparable. Using this logic if Solomon Alabi or Kenyon Martin was getting paid 10 mil a year he'd therefore "good enough" to be the 3rd or 4th option on a championship team.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            You know hes averaging almost a double double right? is crazy athletic and does many things on the court hes actually one of the prim reasons LAL arent completely useless.
                            Earl Clark is just assuming the role of Boris Diaw in D'Antoni's system. Doesn't mean he is suddenly good. Similar to what was said about JJ Hickson, I can't trust a guy who is suddenly comes out of nowhere and starts playing so well.

That being said, if there was a magical way in which we can trade a $10m contract with 2 more years for a $1.5m contract, I'm up for it
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

Soft Euro's....lol

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              Awwww sticking up for your fellow 1,300 post buddy...... you guys are soooooo COOL. I can't wait until i post 1300 times too..... *sarcasm*

Comment

LOL --- hahahaha

Only in your mind do you think you get smarter by the post...lol WOW

FYI - I could care less how many posts you have. I dont judge other posters' comments by the amount of time they've posted. Thats pretty arrogant!!

I'm not really sure if your just an internet poster who really enjoys these forums or an actual Raptor Fan (Your picture makes me think you have a serious hate for Demar) & your wack trade proposal validates this for me. Regardless, keep posting away mr 1300 post guy!

Comment

Working...
                                X