Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why is Anderson getting this much mins? questions, questions, questions....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Ross and Big V need more mins. I want to see JV! screw Gray let JV play
    This

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anderson

When ever he goes into one of his "I think i'm MJ modes" this is how I feel.
    Deadallus

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So hes been playing inconsistently. What else is new in the raptors camp? In the celtics game, gays fg% was almost as bad as Anderson's.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

it's not so much his inconsistent shooting, its the poor shot choice. and not just from him, from gay, lowry, derozan. the team looks scared to drive against kg and the "big bad celtics". we end up hacking up some terrible contested shots from the worst spots.

i understand if the clock is winding down, but i swear, sometimes the shot choice, play calling, everything on the court leaves me questioning the tenacity and intesity of this team. with these wings, this team should be doing nothing but driving. post up against KG. even if you miss some shots, get JV, Aaron Gray, rudy, amir, any one to just post up and pound him. dude's 36, get physical with him. this is why we hate the celtics, every time the raptors play them, the celtics disrupt their game a little and they fold. they dont try to change it up, they dont try anything new. they just fold, almost like they accept that they're an inferior team that's ok with losing. we as fans can't put up with that.

hows that for a rant? :P

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

AA is playing because Casey loves his vets. He has last year and he has again this year. If Bargnani didn't get injured, Ed would never have gotten the minutes he did.

Casey also likes AA's defense. They are not showcasing him to trade him. He's a journey man, and if the Raptors are out of the playoffs they will probably waive him so that he can go to a contender like they did with Carter and Butler last year.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do understand the JV minutes issue hes just coming back from injury, JV himself said there is still pain in his hand from it and he isnt 100% Ross under Anderson though I dont get. Anderson when he first became a Raptor I saw him as a guy that has a lot of experience to buckle down and do the right plays for the team not rushing anything and he truly was doing that great guy for any team to have at the 3rd string spot. Now though Anderson completely forgets what he is taking shots like its his team and he leads them to Ws, maybe this is why he is a journeyman right now he is working too hard for his check when all we need from him is the minimum.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

AA has cooled off. In the Boston game he played "The Truth" well. Don't forget, AA was covering Kyrie Irving after the heart breaker against Cleveland. I like him as a defensive option & think his shot will improve.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    So hes been playing inconsistently. What else is new in the raptors camp? In the celtics game, gays fg% was almost as bad as Anderson's.
    Almost being key word.

Some of those missed shots came on offensive rebound put backs. I don't know about anyone else but that kind of skews the fga in my opinion.

Gay certainly didn't shoot well but he did also contribute 12 rebs, 3 asts, 4 stls, and 8 trips to the free throw line/knocking down 8.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's review, shall we?

Anderson's line, last 8 games:

24.8 minutes
    6.8 PPG
    2.3 APG
    2.6 RPG

Wait for it, wait for it....

19/65 FG (29%)!!
    3/23 3PT (13%)!!!!!!
    2.5 PF

YIKES.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant tell you guys how huge it was that Casey gave Anderson the hook after his 2 bricks last night... PLEASE CASEY PULL THIS DUDE!!!! (Yank) YES! GTFO ANDERSON RIDE THE PINE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information