Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Anderson getting this much mins? questions, questions, questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Anderson getting this much mins? questions, questions, questions....

This boggles my mind. AA pretty much played the entire 2nd half tonight without doing anything. Incredible.

Also, remember when Casey said that the acquisition of Gay will not affect Ross mins? well, Ross only played 5mins tonight. So there goes that.

Raps 4th quarter issue is just becoming comical. Because the same mistakes happens every game. Turnovers after turnovers. Inability to inbound the ball. Inability to execute late in teh game. Bad play calls after timeout. Baffling.

It's hard to hate on Casey because he seems like a real good guy. But some or most of his coaching decisions just boggles my mind.
    Mamba Mentality

Same as Samuel Dalembert. upping his trade value

Comment

Yup. Only reason why Anderson is getting that much burn is for a trade.

Butch Carter said it best on the Fan the other day, the one thing the Raps need to do with their next trade is make sure Ross wont get ignored. He needs minutes every night, and to receive attention from the coaches.

Along with getting a backup big and point guard, making sure Ross has a clear and consistent role is important.

Ross needs that, and to do that you are going to have to move Anderson.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        Same as Samuel Dalembert. upping his trade value
        that's what I thought....I feel like it's backfiring though

Comment

Anderson is dreadful. What scares me most is that in the 4th quarter, Anderson, Lowry and DeRozan seem to have absolutely no bb-IQ. The turnovers they made are of the variety I wouldn't accept from an elementary school team. Amir's rushed pass - and I use the term "pass" loosely - at the end of the game was just laughable. They all just sat back and expected Gay to save them, on a night he was lucky to shoot 30%! Yikes... I know it comes down to execution, but at some point the coach needs to be held responsible for all the boneheaded plays.

Anderson needs to go. With Ross and Fields (when healthy), Anderson shouldn't see the court whatsoever.

Comment

I can't stand it when he isolates on his man with gay and demar on the floor just standing and watching him. I don't see know Casey isn't playing ross more in these situations, cuz with gay, demar and lowry out there, they need someone who can catch and shoot when they penetrate.

Comment

Anderson sucks period, why is he still playing. Give minutes to Ross. Ross in the past two games no actually ever since Gay arrived in town, he looked like a mouse playing along with a cat, always look for the 3 and not attack the rim or looking to pass. Free Ross, trade Anderson. The guy is too frustrating to watch and with his complaining attitude, not gonna work.

Comment

Anderson and Lucas. Those two morons shouldn't even be on the court at any point during the 4th

Comment

Things that stand out to me after this game

Positives:

Kyle Lowry- He really stepped it up in the 3rd quarter Lets see if it carries over to the next game.

Andrea Bargnani- Surprisingly he seemed engaged defensively and he played terrific help defense which doesn't happen often. Also, Dre had a terrific first half but seemed to be a bit gassed as the game finished. As he continues to get his legs back I'm excited to see if he can keep up the energy.

Gay and DeRozan- These two are proving to be a very potent duo on the offensive end.

Negatives:

Dwayne Casey- He has cost us several games this year due to his questionable substitution patterns and his play calling has been really bad. His lack of experience as a head coach is evident and is very worrying.

John Lucas- As a backup PG, JL3 did a poor job of running a team and his shot selection is just awful. He is one of the biggest liabilities on the floor and we need to pick up a legit backup pg who knows his role.

Allan Anderson- Can't stand that he is stealing minutes away from Terrence Ross. He hasn't showed us fans any reason as to why he deserves to keep getting minutes. He's a bench player who thinks he's a first option on offense.

This season is over.
                  We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Hopefully Anderson is getting moved.

Comment

Just goes to show that most fans just don't see Defence beyond blocks and steals. Double A was playing tough as nails man D on PP the whole 4th q. Truth is known to be a late game player and when he started to look for his AA was right in his grill and wasn't bailing him out with fouls. Ross, God love him, is still a rook. We all know that a vet like Pierce is going to destroy any rookie in the crunch and the refs are not going to favour Ross at all.

As promising as Ross is he still has a long way to go on both ends. Tonight was one of his invisible nights at both ends. Anderson is way ahead of him. On the ball, off, helping, closing out, rotating, all of it.
                      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Anderson and Lucas. Those two morons shouldn't even be on the court at any point during the 4th
                        Anderson was on because your boy Derozan couldn't guard an 83 year-old, let alone Paul Pierce. As minks77 has suggested,

Just goes to show that most fans just don't see Defence beyond blocks and steals. Double A was playing tough as nails man D on PP the whole 4th q. Truth is known to be a late game player and when he started to look for his AA was right in his grill and wasn't bailing him out with fouls.

He's right...
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

u must be joking right?? 5 points on 2-7 shooting in 28 mins. that real productive...
                          Pierce had an off night and he was still capable of being a factor. Pierce finished with 13 Points 11 Boards and 6 Assists. He clearly got the better of Anderson so I dont know what you're talking about. Although he had an off night shooting, I wouldn't necessarily attribute it to AA's defense because we all know what Paul Pierce is capable of...
                          Last edited by Ambidextrious; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 01:47 AM.
                          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

i think anderson is playing for a contract and bc/dc will gladly trade him at the first chance. his defense is good and he plays hard. i also agree that no isolation plays should be run for him. he should be the last option on the floor wheny gay/lowry demar are on. purely spot up shooter. he might be able to grab us a second rounder from a playoff team looking for defense depth and 3pt shooting.

for me gay cost us this game going 1 for 7 from the 3and the main reason for his ineffeicent scoring.

thought bargs came out well. unhappy with the booing. don't think he deserves it but looks like people want him gone and are willing to run him out of town.

can't stand lucas. said it when we signed him worse then bayless for looking for his own shot all the time.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                              u must be joking right?? 5 points on 2-7 shooting in 28 mins. that real productive.. ***
                              Pierce had an off night I wouldn't neccesarily attribute it to AA's Defence because we all know what Paul Pierce is capable of...
                              If you know what he's capable of and had an "off" night, there's a good chance that whomever is guarding him has caused him to have an off night. I'll take AA's shooting (.285) and D on Pierce's shooting (0.181) VS. Demar's shooting (.313) and D on Lee's shooting (.545). Lee danced around Derozan all night long like the Drunken Master. Just sayin'.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X