Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Anderson getting this much mins? questions, questions, questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i think anderson is playing for a contract and bc/dc will gladly trade him at the first chance. his defense is good and he plays hard. i also agree that no isolation plays should be run for him. he should be the last option on the floor wheny gay/lowry demar are on. purely spot up shooter. he might be able to grab us a second rounder from a playoff team looking for defense depth and 3pt shooting.

for me gay cost us this game going 1 for 7 from the 3and the main reason for his ineffeicent scoring.

thought bargs came out well. unhappy with the booing. don't think he deserves it but looks like people want him gone and are willing to run him out of town.

can't stand lucas. said it when we signed him worse then bayless for looking for his own shot all the time.
    +1

Comment

because he plays good d. im not sure why hes getting shots at the other end though when rudy and bargs or demar are on the court

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        If you know what he's capable of and had an "off" night, there's a good chance that whomever is guarding him has caused him to have an off night. I'll take AA's shooting (.285) and D on Pierce's shooting (0.181) VS. Demar's shooting (.313) and D on Lee's shooting (.545). Lee danced around Derozan all night long like the Drunken Master. Just sayin'.
        + 1

The way I see it, they're both chuckers. Alan Anderson just has the face and style of game you'd love to hate. But defensively, Demar wishes he can D up like AA. That said, Alan Anderson is a chucker.
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I don't know... At this point I would prefer to see Pietrus play. He's a better defender than Anderson and he has a better IQ (i.e if his shots don't fall and he will pass the f**** ball!).
          Speaking of MP, did you see him talk and give a pat on the back of JV in the first half? JV needs more minutes too!

Comment

Tonight Gray ended his double-digits rebounding straight so I hope this will let DC to feel comfortable by sitting him on the bench. Despite our next game is vs Indiana and Roy Hibbert, I think Valanciunas is capable to defend him. If JV gets in foul trouble - then green light to playing Gray... The main problem with Gray is that he is too slow coming from the screens and changing players in defence.
            (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Gay was guarding Pierce for the majority of the game.. and did a damn good job

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                Just goes to show that most fans just don't see Defence beyond blocks and steals. Double A was playing tough as nails man D on PP the whole 4th q. Truth is known to be a late game player and when he started to look for his AA was right in his grill and wasn't bailing him out with fouls. Ross, God love him, is still a rook. We all know that a vet like Pierce is going to destroy any rookie in the crunch and the refs are not going to favour Ross at all.

As promising as Ross is he still has a long way to go on both ends. Tonight was one of his invisible nights at both ends. Anderson is way ahead of him. On the ball, off, helping, closing out, rotating, all of it.
                +1.

It's like everyone forgot that AA has been one of our best and most consistent players through the season. He, and Amir are our best man on man defenders game in and game out. He's been struggling on offense the last couple of games, but his D has still been good.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                  Things that stand out to me after this game

Positives:

Kyle Lowry- He really stepped it up in the 3rd quarter Lets see if it carries over to the next game.

Andrea Bargnani- Surprisingly he seemed engaged defensively and he played terrific help defense which doesn't happen often. Also, Dre had a terrific first half but seemed to be a bit gassed as the game finished. As he continues to get his legs back I'm excited to see if he can keep up the energy.

Gay and DeRozan- These two are proving to be a very potent duo on the offensive end.

Negatives:

Dwayne Casey- He has cost us several games this year due to his questionable substitution patterns and his play calling has been really bad. His lack of experience as a head coach is evident and is very worrying.

John Lucas- As a backup PG, JL3 did a poor job of running a team and his shot selection is just awful. He is one of the biggest liabilities on the floor and we need to pick up a legit backup pg who knows his role.

Allan Anderson- Can't stand that he is stealing minutes away from Terrence Ross. He hasn't showed us fans any reason as to why he deserves to keep getting minutes. He's a bench player who thinks he's a first option on offense.

This season is over.
                  It is.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    +1.

It's like everyone forgot that AA has been one of our best and most consistent players through the season. He, and Amir are our best man on man defenders game in and game out. He's been struggling on offense the last couple of games, but his D has still been good.
                    I agree 100%

At the same time, that's totally negated by the way he plays offense. When you're on with Gay, Lowry, Demar, even Amir, you should not be looking to take a contested shot.

He is incapable of becoming the fifth option on the team, or a facilitator. When he gets the ball, he shoots, he's not that good....so what the stop that the other team gets as a result of his ridiculous shot selection negates whatever we just did as a team defensively.

if he would just play defense, and shoot when he's open (ala bruce bowen) he will be fine. But I'm not sure if he can adjust

Comment

We have serious rotation problems, and this is something which we couldn't really judge casey on last year for a bunch of reasons.

If you look at any championship team, playoff team, or even any functioning organization in any industry...there has to be a hierarchy. This is not debatable.

I can pick any team, but a good/easy example is OKC. Westbrook basically does whatever he wants on the court and clearly believes that he should be granted immunity as far as bad shots or any other bad decisions as the point guard of the team. But, because he is a top 10 player in the league he is actually allowed to do this on a nightly basis, so long as the team is winning. It doesn't matter how good Sefelosha, or Ibaka is feeling that night, they do not get to go up in the hierarchy. They stick to what they do defensively, and Westbrook does what he does.

BUT at the end of the game, or even during the game, if Durant wants the ball, he gets the ball. Westbrook won't say anything. Everyone knows he is a top two player on the planet and that not only is he the better player, but that the Team is better off if Durant takes the shot. If Westbrook does get to take it...it has to be ok with Durant first.

The problem with our team is that we need a 9 man rotation and DC is killing us with the inconsistent messages he is sending. It makes NO SENSE to start a guy like aaron gray, or at least give him more minutes than JVAL. It makes even less sense to play anderson over Ross.

so:
                      JVAL, Bargs, Amir, Gay, Derozan, Lowry, Ross, Lucas (by default as a backup pg) and Fields should be the ones playing every night, no questions asked.

By playing anyone else, he is sending mixed messages to the guys that should be playing.

Most importantly, by mixing up the rotations and allowing guys like anderson to take 10 shots a game, he is not allowing us to maintain a hierarchy where we actually have some consistency on a nightly basis.

I know it's early, but this has been a problem all season (cough cough starting mcguire) and he needs to settle on a rotation and move on

Comment

I think Lucas has a place in the NBA, but not necessarily as a primary backup point guard. The Raps need to bring in a guy who can actually run an offense and use Lucas as a floating guard who can come in based on matchups.

I still think Anderson has no place in the NBA. He's a solid guy when you look at him from game to game, but similar to someone like Smush Parker, when you look at the total body of work you realize he's actually quite bad and ended up doing a lot more harm than good.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                          We have serious rotation problems, and this is something which we couldn't really judge casey on last year for a bunch of reasons.

If you look at any championship team, playoff team, or even any functioning organization in any industry...there has to be a hierarchy. This is not debatable.

I can pick any team, but a good/easy example is OKC. Westbrook basically does whatever he wants on the court and clearly believes that he should be granted immunity as far as bad shots or any other bad decisions as the point guard of the team. But, because he is a top 10 player in the league he is actually allowed to do this on a nightly basis, so long as the team is winning. It doesn't matter how good Sefelosha, or Ibaka is feeling that night, they do not get to go up in the hierarchy. They stick to what they do defensively, and Westbrook does what he does.

BUT at the end of the game, or even during the game, if Durant wants the ball, he gets the ball. Westbrook won't say anything. Everyone knows he is a top two player on the planet and that not only is he the better player, but that the Team is better off if Durant takes the shot. If Westbrook does get to take it...it has to be ok with Durant first.

The problem with our team is that we need a 9 man rotation and DC is killing us with the inconsistent messages he is sending. It makes NO SENSE to start a guy like aaron gray, or at least give him more minutes than JVAL. It makes even less sense to play anderson over Ross.

so:
                          JVAL, Bargs, Amir, Gay, Derozan, Lowry, Ross, Lucas (by default as a backup pg) and Fields should be the ones playing every night, no questions asked.

By playing anyone else, he is sending mixed messages to the guys that should be playing.

Most importantly, by mixing up the rotations and allowing guys like anderson to take 10 shots a game, he is not allowing us to maintain a hierarchy where we actually have some consistency on a nightly basis.

I know it's early, but this has been a problem all season (cough cough starting mcguire) and he needs to settle on a rotation and move on
                          Only thing I can think of is that he's putting a line up out there of veterans as opposed to rookies to give the team the best chance to win. Both JV and Ross have talent, but they tend to make a lot of mistakes out there. I think you'll see a lot more JV and Ross, once playoffs are out of the question and there is nothing more to gain out of this season than experience for the rookies.

Comment

AA is now shooting 36% from the field. His TS% is <50%, and yet his usage is 24%. While he's on the floor he takes 37% of the team's 3's, and 25% of all shot attempts. He still seems to think that he needs to shoot his way out of his slump, even when he is playing with 4 better offensive options. I can understand playing him some for defensive match-ups, but he should be yanked as soon as he decides to go one-on-five or take ill-advised 3's. I think that his defence is being overshadowed by bad offensive possessions that he squanders.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                              AA is now shooting 36% from the field. His TS% is <50%, and yet his usage is 24%. While he's on the floor he takes 37% of the team's 3's, and 25% of all shot attempts. He still seems to think that he needs to shoot his way out of his slump, even when he is playing with 4 better offensive options. I can understand playing him some for defensive match-ups, but he should be yanked as soon as he decides to go one-on-five or take ill-advised 3's. I think that his defence is being overshadowed by bad offensive possessions that he squanders.
                              You can't just yank guys in and out of the lineup all the time. First it messes with a players confidence. Secondly, it's likely to alienate vets who will definitely tune a coach out if you screw with them too much. Players are creatures of habit and messing up those habits often does more harm than good. Finally, yanking a guy not only disrupts his flow but the flow of the units that train everyday to play with him. It's not as simple as plug and play. Why yank AA for his offence when the guy you'd replace him with, Ross, wasn't helping on offence OR defence? In a lineup with Lowry, Gay and Demar AA's defence is critical while his offence is an added bonus but not absolutely necessary.

I do think AA has some questionable shot selection and a bit of Mike James in him but there's a reason he's making the minimum and he's far more valuable than his contract.
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I don't get guys defending AA's D last night. Pierce missed a bunch of shots he normally makes last night. Our D was awful, and AA's was not very good. Pierce was 2-11...He only had 11 field goal attempts because he struggled to get anything off against Gay whenever he was matched against him. The rest of the time....I was shocked at some of the open looks Pierce missed. This game could've been much uglier if he and the rest of the Celtics just knocked down some totally wide open looks.

Comment

Working...
                                X