View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 401 of 527 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 451 501 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Again, that Boston game was a prime game, the real fans, and seat investors were there.
    Yeah, and it's very reasonable to drop guy's morale before he did nothing wrong in so called "prime game". The fans are people, who should help the team by cheering them. I think that booing really helped them, all the fans who booed are best in the world
    Last edited by japetas; Thu Feb 7th, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Philadelphia is funny, I went there as raptor fan, and the only heckling the Philly fans did was of Kyle Korver. It was relentless, and everyone was trying to top the last heckle. It was hard not to smile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    Yeah, and it's very reasonable to drop guy's morale before he did nothing wrong in so called "prime game". The fans are people, who should help the team by cheering them and I think that booing really helped them, all the fans who booed are best in the world
    They probably help the team financially, and hence feel the pain of loosing more. Season tickets are not cheap, and if you have not noticed, raptor games have been selling for far under season ticket price. That is actual money paid by the season ticket holder, so its a been a loosing proposition for those who have invested in the team. And a lower bowl investment is very costly for two seats at the acc, especially if your seat carries a license, which means you also have more money invested than just the ticket obligation. (many people are in the 35K range for 1 season)
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 7th, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

then the douchyness factor is up to the eye of the beholder, a very dynamic principle, another person may think your tshirt is douchy, I say meh.... big deal.
    It's about maturity level and perspective, not about "personal rights" or how much you paid for the seat. Booing a guy coming back from a 2-month injury layoff is lame-ass BS. Same kind of people who laugh because Rudy's last name is "Gay".

You can talk about your "rights" as a fan all you want, and you're right, you *can* do whatever you like. But to pretend it's not immature and classless to do it is simply to make you feel better about it.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

That is fine, if you want to call my perspective immature and classless it is your right as well.

You can decide the baseline for how you deal with others, and categorize them as you wish.... but chances are you did not have a ticket for that game, and are now acting like a little girl whose feelings are hurt.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

then the douchyness factor is up to the eye of the beholder, a very dynamic principle, another person may think your tshirt is douchy, I say meh.... big deal.

Again, that Boston game was a prime game, the real fans, and seat investors were there.
    the t-shirt thing is funny... because i've actually ran into an issue with that lately... i have a few horror themed t-shirts... chainsaws, blood, etc... and my brother asked me not to wear them around my niece

it's my right to wear a shirt i paid for... but he's not wrong either...

just because i pay for my seat, doesn't mean i can be a douche about it.. i pay for my seat on planes too, but they'll tell me when i'm being a drunken moron... and they aren't wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    Same kind of people who laugh because Rudy's last name is "Gay".
    i personally find those jokes HILARIOUS...

but i fully admit... i'm a dick

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe BC will get the message.

Post Thanks / Like

This same kind of thing can be said about a forum, how dare you criticize derozan, AA, etc... You are not raptor fan, lada lada. Where do we draw the line?

If you want to think half of the ACC are douchbags, you can, but it just makes for an angry existence, mistrust of people, and perhaps reading kaczyniski's manifesto. Or you can just accept it, and realize that fans are fans and they are all cool. Regardless of their thoughts on Derozan, booing, or pizza slices. It's just a game in the end, no need to guide your morality by it, or use it as an excuse to control others behavior.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 7th, 2013 at 10:53 AM.

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    And this is why guys don't want to stay in Toronto.
    Disagree again. Look at the reception Rudy Gay got in his first game. Toronto is begging for a star player and team to cheer for. They've just become jaded from the constant losing. Why cheer for players or a team who isn't winning? Embracing average players and treating them like all-stars is what got us into this mess to begin with. Perform or get booed. Simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Bargnani being dealt for back up PG???? may not be the best source however so take it with a grain of salt...

Heres hoping the Wing is Anderon, and we can net Ridnour or Barera (likely Ridnour) and Pekovic or D Williams.
    Rumur further explained here..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...re-point-guard
    Sweet Jeebus!! If it winds up being Bargnani & Anderson for Ridnour and one of Williams/Roy/Barea, the RR Trade Forum might actually get one right! lol

Post Thanks / Like

side note..

i never got the pizza thing... people are really THAT excited about getting a slice of crappy pizza?

i've got pizza after games tons of times... but never claimed my free pizza... because at the end of the day, i don't care if it's free, i dont want to eat shitty pizza

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

it probably wouldn't of happened in NY or Boston,
    How did the Knicks fans react to Amare returning? His contract is a huge crippling blow to NYK adding anything around 'Melo ... he has hugely under performed throughout the life of his deal ... he got a standing ovation upon his return off the bench.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    When I heard the booing, I was disgusted.

I thought the idiocy and hatred for Bargnani was limited to losers on their computers - and we all spend tons of time analyzing our team, so the longer you're on the roster the more scrutiny you bring ... Jose? Anyone miss him with all these turnovers, and aimless offensive sets?

Anyway, to know that the sentiment towards him has gone that far saddens me.

Even a remote piece of a team in any city who has battled through rehab and pushed themselves back to game shape ... and now goes out to earn that big pay cheque ... what hometown boos them? Idiots.
    To call paying fans idiots is a bit ignorant. I wasn't at the game but I would've been right there with those voicing their displeasure for a player I don't want on the team I follow. Jose did everything that was asked of him and was in difficult situations throughout majority of his time here. Andrea has hype to live up to because of where he was picked (not his fault) but the underachieving is secondary. The primary reason I would boo is to tell BC it's time to give up the pipe dream. Side note: it shouldn't have been that hard to stay in game shape. Didn't have a leg injury.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This same kind of thing can be said about a forum, how dare you criticize derozan, AA, etc... You are not raptor fan, lada lada. Where do we draw the line?

If you want to think half of the ACC are douchbags, you can, but it just makes for an angry existence, mistrust of people, and perhaps reading kaczyniski's manifesto. Or you can just accept it, and realize that fans are fans and they are all cool. Regardless of their thoughts on Derozan, booing, or pizza slices. It's just a game in the end, no need to guide your morality by it, or use it as an excuse to control others behavior.
    Actually, it's the opposite. Booing a basketball player, any basketball player, indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously... angry existence, etc. Setting up a Twitter hashtag indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously... mistrust of people, etc. Spending an inordinate amount of time trying to get a sports franchise to trade one player indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously...

Fans are fans. But they're not all cool.

I'm not mad, bro. Just calling it as it is. Douche-y is as douche-y does. I personally don't care either way whether you boo Bargs or not.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    having the right to do something doesnt make it okay to do whatever the hell you want with it.

just because you spent your own money on a pair of tight bikini briefs with the low rise backs that show off your plumber crack... doesn't mean its fine to walk by every open window in your house in the middle of the day for all your neighbors to see

sure, you spent your money on them... and you're in the house that you spent your money on... and you have a right to do it..

but the neighbors kids don't have to like seeing your jungle of pubes hanging out of your drawers while you stretch in the window drinking a coffee, just because you spent your money so you have a right to do whatever you want

you're still an inconsiderate dick... and your neighbors are well within their rights of common decency to point it out, despite the fact that you bought those underwears with your own hard earned money
    This analogy doesn't quite work.

Although your neighbors are well within their rights of common decency to complain that you exposed yourself while wearing bikini briefs, you too are within your rights to complain about neighbors peering into your home and infringing on your privacy, not to mention trespassing on private property. The moral of this story here is that the complaints are not necessarily within the normal boundaries of neighborly behavior.

On the other hand expressing your feelings towards participating teams/players during a sports event that you have paid money to attend is well within the normal boundaries of behavior at such an event. It's not as if you are offending another patron with a personal attack. Any cheers or obscenities directed towards the teams themselves are fair game.

I would add that if you had your jungle of pubes hanging out and you saw a child peering through your window, a quick thrust towards that child would be inappropriate, however stretching out while drinking a coffee is well within your right.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    There is no point to argue with you... You just hate Bargnani and no one can change your opinion
    That's correct, because I'm right.

Look, I understand it's offensive to you that someone boos a player who may or may not deserve it. I also understand the perspective that this sucks. But they're within their right to do this. What else is there to do at a sports event, besides watch the game and express your opinion towards the teams/players?

What I'd be offended is if I had my child there and the person beside me is expressing himself with profanity and lewd gestures. To me that is offensive because I don't want my child learning those words or actions. On the hand there's still nothing I can do about this other than talk to security or give my child some earplugs.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Sweet Jeebus!! If it winds up being Bargnani & Anderson for Ridnour and one of Williams/Roy/Barea, the RR Trade Forum might actually get one right! lol
    just goes to show fans know a thing or 2 lol if BC reads these forums and makes moves based on what he sees. Whether it be Ridnour or Barea Id be happy with either both very talented Barera brings familiarity with the coaching staff though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    This analogy doesn't quite work.

Although your neighbors are well within their rights of common decency to complain that you exposed yourself while wearing bikini briefs, you too are within your rights to complain about neighbors peering into your home and infringing on your privacy, not to mention trespassing on private property. The moral of this story here is that the complaints are not necessarily within the normal boundaries of neighborly behavior.

On the other hand expressing your feelings towards participating teams/players during a sports event that you have paid money to attend is well within the normal boundaries of behavior at such an event. It's not as if you are offending another patron with a personal attack. Any cheers or obscenities directed towards the teams themselves are fair game.

I would add that if you had your jungle of pubes hanging out and you saw a child peering through your window, a quick thrust towards that child would be inappropriate, however stretching out while drinking a coffee is well within your right.
    i see what you're saying... the analogy works in the context of my own home though.. ie/ massive front window easily visible to anybody walking by, but there's no way for anybody reading it to know that... i get alot of lookie-loos... so i have to be careful about the amount of amazon pube i show off.. i try to keep it to an acceptable level, and never show off more than 25% of the flora and fauna to children under 12

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if there was this much angst when the ACC was chanting "fire Wilson" last year. And low and behold, the chanting worked.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Thread Information