View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 428 of 527 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,560 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Personally, I don't think it's necessary to find a 3pt shooting PF at all. Gay's situation in Memphis (with Gasol and Randolph) had more to do with the offensive hierarchy...as in, the big men being option #1 and #2.

With Boozer in town, Gay would still be option #1.

But the biggest benefit of this proposed deal is getting rid of Bargnani's carcass. If this is the only offer Colangelo gets, I think it's a no-brainer.
    A big part of the reason Memphis played that way: they couldn't play at a faster pace with those 2 bigs. It wasn't that Gasol and Randolph were better scoring options, it's that they were 2 of the 3 top scoring options, and playing a faster game would take them out of it...much like it would take Boozer out of it.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't think it's necessary to find a 3pt shooting PF at all. Gay's situation in Memphis (with Gasol and Randolph) had more to do with the offensive hierarchy...as in, the big men being option #1 and #2.

With Boozer in town, Gay would still be option #1.

But the biggest benefit of this proposed deal is getting rid of Bargnani's carcass. If this is the only offer Colangelo gets, I think it's a no-brainer.
    Finally someone else on this forum that's agrees a stretch 4 is not needed. How many teams in the playoffs a starting stretch 4? They are not needed for good spacing. I'll say it again. We have enough perimeter scoring! We need interior scoring. We don't have a time to wait for JV to become that force. We have a small window to convince Lowry & Gay to say.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    A big part of the reason Memphis played that way: they couldn't play at a faster pace with those 2 bigs. It wasn't that Gasol and Randolph were better scoring options, it's that they were 2 of the 3 top scoring options, and playing a faster game would take them out of it...much like it would take Boozer out of it.
    I'd much rather build a team capable of scoring in a half-court set (i.e. built for the playoffs), than a run & gun fastbreak team.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just glad Casey has the short leash on Bargnani now.
    +1. Casey really seems to have the rotations down pat lately

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just glad Casey has the short leash on Bargnani now.
    A short leash on him eh? Well be prepared to see him next season.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd much rather build a team capable of scoring in a half-court set (i.e. built for the playoffs), than a run & gun fastbreak team.
    I'd much rather a team that's capable of both with ALL their best players on the court...not one that needs to sub out somebody to go fast or go halfcourt...Boozer is this kind of player....

*Miami used LeBron in the post when the game slowed down. It doesn't have to be your big. We've seen Gay is good at posting up and passing out of it. With a stretch 4 you can still do that and have quality spacing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    A short leash on him eh? Well be prepared to see him next season.
    If that's the case, be prepared for another shitty season.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Finally someone else on this forum that's agrees a stretch 4 is not needed. How many teams in the playoffs a starting stretch 4? They are not needed for good spacing. I'll say it again. We have enough perimeter scoring! We need interior scoring. We don't have a time to wait for JV to become that force. We have a small window to convince Lowry & Gay to say.
    Well, the 2 teams that were in the finals played their most common lineups with LeBron at the 4 and KD at the 4....Dirk won a ring as a stretch 4. LA actually played at its best usually with Gasol at the 5 and Odom at the 4 back in the day....

Post Thanks / Like

I would like a team that does both, but I would like that low-post player capable of being able to run the floor as well. Milsap is that type of guy, Boozer is not, while Jonas could grow into that role.

Raptors Republic Rookie StaytheCourse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Some compelling arguments for Ilyasova becoming a Raptor in exchange for Bargnani!

http://raptorsrapture.com/2013/02/14...tm_source=t.co
    Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd just like to point out that the fans of one of the best teams in the league, in the Mecca of Basketball, was booing their team last night during a close game.

If there's anyone out there who can find a Knicks message board complaining about the boos, they win a prize!
    Wow, give it up already. Still feeling a need to defend booing an injured player in his first game back by equating it to booing a whole team that stunk up the joint for a full game?

No one is even talking about this anymore. Not sure what you're trying to prove.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I'd much rather a team that's capable of both with ALL their best players on the court...not one that needs to sub out somebody to go fast or go halfcourt...Boozer is this kind of player....

*Miami used LeBron in the post when the game slowed down. It doesn't have to be your big. We've seen Gay is good at posting up and passing out of it. With a stretch 4 you can still do that and have quality spacing.
    You're making it sound like Boozer is Oliver Miller

He may not be a gazelle like Amir, but he's a pretty versatile offensive player. The Jazz and Bulls won 50+ games five times with Boozer in their starting frontcourt.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the amnesty idea. Why give away young talent and/or picks along with him in a trade for another overpaid player? Maybe we could make a splash in 2014 free agency. If this team makes the playoffs next year, FAs might actually want to sign here.
    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    He needs to be amnestied.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Commentary: you can get away with a lot more when you have a tradition of winning. Same action is going to be interpreted different ways.

Personally, I didn't boo at any of the few games I've been too and probably would never... but the main reason is why invest so much emotion into something that I feel the urge to express negative feelings at individuals who have no tangible impact on my life? Not to be condescending, but I kind of feel sorry for anybody that wrapped up that they absolutely have to boo. If you're just booing for fun, then whatever, to each his own, rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRX wrote: View Post
    Commentary: you can get away with a lot more when you have a tradition of winning. Same action is going to be interpreted different ways.

Personally, I didn't boo at any of the few games I've been too and probably would never... but the main reason is [BOLD]why invest so much emotion into something that I feel the urge to express negative feelings at individuals who have no tangible impact on my life[/BOLD]? Not to be condescending, but I kind of feel sorry for anybody that wrapped up that they absolutely have to boo. If you're just booing for fun, then whatever, to each his own, rofl
    Exactly.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    Wow, give it up already. Still feeling a need to defend booing an injured player in his first game back by equating it to booing a whole team that stunk up the joint for a full game?

No one is even talking about this anymore. Not sure what you're trying to prove.
    Thanks to responses like this, yes, I still feel the need. First game back from injury is irrelevant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Westvleteren wrote: View Post
    +1 on the amnesty idea. Why give away young talent and/or picks along with him in a trade for another overpaid player? Maybe we could make a splash in 2014 free agency. If this team makes the playoffs next year, FAs might actually want to sign here.
    If if Bargnani is amnestied, the team would still be over the salary cap and therefore only able to sign free agents for various exceptions. The Raps wouldn't be able to offer big contracts, unless done via S&T deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to responses like this, yes, I still feel the need. First game back from injury is irrelevant.
    It's irrelevant to the "I can boo whoever I want, whenever I want" crowd. But it's far from irrelevant. You don't get it, I understand that. But it doesn't make it irrelevant.

Again, not sure what you're trying to accomplish by re-opening a dead thread. The two sides are never going to agree on this; it's not like your amazing insight after last night's game is going to change that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    It's irrelevant to the "I can boo whoever I want, whenever I want" crowd. But it's far from irrelevant. You don't get it, I understand that. But it doesn't make it irrelevant.

Again, not sure what you're trying to accomplish by re-opening a dead thread. The two sides are never going to agree on this; it's not like your amazing insight after last night's game is going to change that.
    Re-opening a "dead thread" from YESTERDAY. How dare I dig up a corpse from the Mesozoic Era!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You're making it sound like Boozer is Oliver Miller

He may not be a gazelle like Amir, but he's a pretty versatile offensive player. The Jazz and Bulls won 50+ games five times with Boozer in their starting frontcourt.
    Look at Boozer's playoff stats in Chicago though...that's the Boozer we'd be getting. Even if he helps us win some games, I think his postseason impact is being very overestimated. He has been almost a non-factor in Chicago's playoff series, and frankly, that's probably the biggest reason they acquired him as well: have an experienced go-to post player in the playoffs.

Also Boozer might not be Oliver Miller, but given his injury history and age, it is quite a risk to assume that he will keep being effective throughout his contract. He might even be starting his natural decline (shooting a career worst fg%...by a fair amount) already.

Page 428 of 527 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 ... LastLast

Thread Information