No announcement yet.

Bargs Ain't So Bad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look at this strictly from a trade value point of view. Bargs trade value is at an all-time low, so even his biggest haters have no choice but to root for him, if for no other reason than it increases his trade value. Perfect example is the Gay-Jose-Ed trade.

In the pre-season, we were talking about outright amnesty for Jose to make room for Nash and people were OK with that. Bargs was considered our franchise player. Ed Davis was considred redundant to Amir, a non-favourite of Dwayne Casey and barely in the rotation. Yet, Jose played lights out and in fact also helped increase the value of Ed Davis, which only happened because of Bargs injury. So, the perception of value can change rapidly in the NBA.

So there's the strategy for Raptors fans and media. Let's all grit our teeth and heap massive praise on Bargs at every possible chance..... until he's finally traded.

Comment

Guys, he's as good as gone. Let's not get too analytical here (it's a pointless exercise). The bottom line is that Bargnani has all the ability in the world to be a great player, but doesn't have the drive to make it a habit. Why expect anything different after 7 years of the same?

The Bargnani chapter has been written, and we're just waiting for a trade partner to close it out...whether it's this year, or next.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Guys, he's as good as gone. Let's not get too analytical here (it's a pointless exercise). The bottom line is that Bargnani has all the ability in the world to be a great player, but doesn't have the drive to make it a habit. Why expect anything different after 7 years of the same?

The Bargnani chapter has been written, and we're just waiting for a trade partner to close it out...whether it's this year, or next.
        +1

Comment

Bargnani has never proved to me that he has the fitness to be effective in extended minutes. I've been watching him closely from last season, and his effectiveness always goes down while the mistakes (especially on defense) go up while the game progresses.

That being said, without a doubt, for a portion of the celtics game he is an above average/elite offensive talent, and displayed average/good defensive effort, the best I've seen from him all season. I hope he can build on that game, and improve his fitness as the season comes to a close, Im not holding my breath. And I wouldn't feel any regret if he was traded to help us require an already proven stretch four like millsap or josh smith.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
            Bargnani has never proved to me that he has the fitness to be effective in extended minutes. I've been watching him closely from last season, and his effectiveness always goes down while the mistakes (especially on defense) go up while the game progresses.

That being said, without a doubt, for a portion of the celtics game he is an above average/elite offensive talent, and displayed average/good defensive effort, the best I've seen from him all season. I hope he can build on that game, and improve his fitness as the season comes to a close, Im not holding my breath. And I wouldn't feel any regret if he was traded to help us require an already proven stretch four like millsap or josh smith.
            maybe they need to take primo off the pasta & get him on a vegan diet or some shit...LOL

Comment

lol I think leafs nation is rubbing off on some raptors fans, delusional.

Like Jack always says, "git that garbage outta here"
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

(Canadian Press) - Fastapasta Productions, a Toronto based film production company, is developing THE BARGNANI STORY: MAGO NO MAGO WHERE IS THE MAGO, a tv movie of the week.

Pablo Schreiber, best known for his role as troubled brooding dock worker Nick Sobotka on The Wire, has been penned to play the role of Bargnani.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                  maybe they need to take primo off the pasta & get him on a vegan diet or some shit...LOL
                  yup, I'd never thought I'd say this, but he should take a page out of stoudemires book......

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...mpE2Kqf1aGYGOM

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post

To the bolded - putting financial issues aside (which are still important), there should unquestionably be less importance put on players with smaller roles than those with larger roles. But, this organization has yet to prove they actually view Bargnani any different than the always have. I know Colangelo has said alot in regards to Bargnani or this team, but he always says alot without it necessarily being reflected on the court or how he runs the organization.
                    This is the most valid point I've heard about this issue.

It's one thing to say "he's played one game with some effort and already you appreciate him bla bla bla"...it's an irrelevant point.

What is relevant is that Bargnani's role on the team has changed (if he stays) and that's already been decided. The question is can he and the organization make the shift mentally. It's not so simple after all these years.

Bottom line is, you cannot argue that ANY player in the NBA, if he has the proper role and responsibility can help a team. The question is always if that player will accept their role in the pecking order, and if the organization sees where they are supposed to fit.

he is not arujo...he will go to another team, and will probably be valuable as a 7th-9th man.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                      lol I think leafs nation is rubbing off on some raptors fans, delusional.

Like Jack always says, "git that garbage outta here"
                      I'm actually not really a leafs fan.....

I just don't see how anyway can argue that he is not a valuable 9th man?

I 'm not saying he's that good, or we shouldn't trade him, I'm just saying if we can't, what makes him any worse than some other guy who comes in and plays that role?

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                        I've hated him for a while (still do) but last night's effort from him made me look at the positives

1. Arguably the best one on one post defender on the team
                        2. Mobile big to spell Amir (instead of AIRon)
                        3. 7 footer who can shoot 3's and score in bunches in limited minutes if he is on

as a 7th-9th man, why can't there be a place for him?

let the bashing begin!
                        You can't commit 10M on your 7th-9th man. Period.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                          The New York Yankees will beg to differ.

Edit: The Yankees' payroll is $206M. Mariano Rivera is making $10m next year and he's only the 10th highest paid player on the team. Goodness gracious, baseball needs to be fixed.
                          Last edited by ebrian; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 03:45 PM.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                            He should be the 4th scoring option. He has the proper offensive to be one.

Comment

I just want to point out that he looks a little more bad ass with the sleeve.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                                I've hated him for a while (still do) but last night's effort from him made me look at the positives

1. Arguably the best one on one post defender on the team
                                2. Mobile big to spell Amir (instead of AIRon)
                                3. 7 footer who can shoot 3's and score in bunches in limited minutes if he is on

as a 7th-9th man, why can't there be a place for him?

let the bashing begin!
                                Bargnani should be the 2nd option on this team offensively behind Rudy Gay. He is our 2nd most talented player, and can be a beast as a 6th man. I am going out on a limb and saying that I don't think he is going to get traded, and he is going to flourish on this team as a 2nd option behind Gay.

His man on man defense in the post is very good, he is a gifted scorer, someone who has been the #1 option on a team before, he is in his prime, and with Amir johnson in the game his lack of help defense is mitigated.

Sorry guys but blaming the entire teams woes over the last 3 years on one guy doesn't make sense, I'm not buying it. Viva Bargnani!

Bargnani, I missed him, we need him.
                                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Working...
                                X