Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    My thought process on Williams is 3-fold:

1 - I don't think Minnesota will giveup Pekovic (nor do I want him at his re-signed rate that will likely approach $10M per), so Williams becomes my preferred choice over Roy or Barea (one of them is needed to match salaries).

2 - Williams would be a decent trade-chip in the offseason, if BC decides to flip him (certainly a better trade chip than Roy/Barea). He's only signed for 1 more guaranteed season (then there's 1 team-option year and 1 qualifying-offer year) which gives added financial flexibility.

3 - With Gay/Williams at SF and Fields/Ross at SG, DeRozan could be used as a trade-chip to acquire a star PF at the deadline or in the offseason (ie: S&T for Millsap, as an example). That would give the Raps a starting lineup of Valanciunas, Millsap, Gay, Fields, Lowry and a bench of Gray, Johnson, Williams, Ross and Ridnour (with Acy & Lucas as 11/12th man).
    well it sounds a little better when williams isnt played in the 4 spot & i do agree the williams is a better trade chip then Roy& Berea but i dont think there will be much value out there for a tweener like williams, if so why would he be delt for our castoffs..as for derozan..not to many teams are going to want him when his contract is like a poison pill. a team who trades for him would need to absolutely love him & or have a tone of cap room next season, if he gets delt it will likely be after his new contract kicks in IMO

Comment

I threw 2 other non-Bargnani ideas into the Trade Forum this morning... http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...-TOR-MIN-trade

Option #1: Kleiza & Anderson for Ridnour & Amundson (makes more sense, given Ridnour rumors)

Option #2: Kleiza & Anderson for Barea & Amundson

I thought both options would provide wing depth (Anderson mainly) and not hurt Minnesota financially.

I thought about posting an 'Option #3', which would have been the exact same as your 1st option.
      My assumption in making deals was Kleiza was worthless and no one would want him given the player option for next year. I have amnesty earmarked for him.

Comment

My thought process on Williams is 3-fold:

1 - I don't think Minnesota will giveup Pekovic (nor do I want him at his re-signed rate that will likely approach $10M per), so Williams becomes my preferred choice over Roy or Barea (one of them is needed to match salaries).

2 - Williams would be a decent trade-chip in the offseason, if BC decides to flip him (certainly a better trade chip than Roy/Barea). He's only signed for 1 more guaranteed season (then there's 1 team-option year and 1 qualifying-offer year) which gives added financial flexibility.

3 - With Gay/Williams at SF and Fields/Ross at SG, DeRozan could be used as a trade-chip to acquire a star PF at the deadline or in the offseason (ie: S&T for Millsap, as an example). That would give the Raps a starting lineup of Valanciunas, Millsap, Gay, Fields, Lowry and a bench of Gray, Johnson, Williams, Ross and Ridnour (with Acy & Lucas as 11/12th man).
        I'd rather a starting lineup of Val, Johnson, Gay, Derozan, Lowry over Val, Millsap, Gay, Fields, Lowry. I know that was only an example, I'm just saying.

Comment

Obviously yes to Derrick Williams because what this team absolutely need is a tweener that can't stretch the floor and makes an amazing 41.6% of his field goal attempts.

Is he better than Kleiza? I am not so sure ...

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
            Obviously yes to Derrick Williams because what this team absolutely need is a tweener that can't stretch the floor and makes an amazing 41.6% of his field goal attempts.

Is he better than Kleiza? I am not so sure ...
            he shoots 35% from 3, so he can definitely stretch the floor. He still has upside, and is a decent rebounder

Comment

Ridnour's defense is porous like calderon's , can't fight through screens..no thanks.

Comment

Well atleast he can run an offense. John lucas can't defend or run an offense

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  lucas can't defend or run an offense
                  Oh SNAP!
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Last night, I fought through traffic to teach my class at Seneca. Upon opening my laptop, my Twitter feed was blowing up with Bargnani rumours - WTF. This morning, more and more rumours are popping up out of nowhere. As a diehard fan, I guess I can't complain that management is doing everything it can to keep the team competitive.

Regardless, the Ridnour rumour is great and the Raps can tremendously benefit from his experience. I would say that a Ridnour as back-up is better than Jose as back-up. As for Williams, I haven't hid my man-crush for his game (nope, don't wanna hear the tweener BS). He can ball, period. I like Gray and Acy to stay.

As for who can we trade, "Summer League" JL3 should go away, Anderson (can really defend), Kleiza, Pietrus and Haddadi.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                    X