DeMar Confident Heading Into His Dunk-In With Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar Confident Heading Into His Dunk-In With Gordon

I like the confidence and I hope he can back it up. I recall Jamario being pretty confident a couple years back in the dunk competition and look how that ended.

The Raptors swingman will take part in a "dunk-in" against the Clippers' Eric Gordon on Friday evening. The winner of the competition will take part in the slam dunk contest on Saturday night of all-star weekend.

Is he going to beat Gordon?

"Eric? Yeah, of course," DeRozan said.

"You've just got to keep that confidence. When it comes to trying to entertaining people, you know I love to do that. I just love going out there and trying to show something new. It's kind of tough these days."

DeRozan added he will have a role for either Sonny Weems or Jarrett Jack — or both — on one or more of his dunks.
    Source - Click here

Jamario had a really great performance during his Dunk Contest, he only missed the cut by a point, iirc, but DeMar has less competition than Jamario did last time - he only has to beat Eric Gordon, who isn't as athletic or as creative a dunker as DeRozan, in my opinion, because he's only saying that he'll win the Dunk-In for sure, not the actual Dunk Contest. A little cocky, but I hope that DeRozan can follow through!

Comment

detour wrote: View Post
      Jamario had a really great performance during his Dunk Contest, he only missed the cut by a point,
      I agree, Moon had 1 really solid dunk and the other one he put that piece of tape down by the free throw line and then stepped way over it on his dunk. The dunk was still a foot inside the foul line and left handed, but would have gotten better scores if he didn't mark where he wanted to take off from.

I don't think Gordon has any really incredible dunks or creative dunks in any of his games. Just watching hi-lights of DeMar in high school dunk contests, he is very creative and explosive. He should have no problem beating Gordon in the dunk in unless his ankles are worse than we think.

Comment

I believe he'll go out there put on a good show. Win or lose he'll put on a good show. I haven't seen a lot of Eric Gordon, truth be told. I don't exactly see him lighting up the highlight reel though.

Comment

Real GM Slam Dunk contest Poll

go here, vote and see the results

Poll is on the left side

http://basketball.realgm.com/
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
          X