View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 429 of 528 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Who said he wanted to sign a 15 and 10 guy??? We still have depth issues at PG, to say the least, and who knows what other holes if more moves are made. Boozer is not actually the kind of player we need the most. JV figures to be able to score from all the same spots I think by his 3rd year. We will need a true stretch 4 who can shoot and rebound, so the floor is well spaced.

Getting Boozer also just moves us more toward Memphis' style by default as we'll have two big men who can't stretch out to the perimeter very well starting, in JV and Boozer....I frankly don't think it's a good idea. If we want to keep fast and athletic, Boozer ismaybe the worst possible choice...even worse than keeping Bargs in that sense. I would be more ok with trading for Millsap and trying to convince him to re-sign, just because of how bad a fit I see Boozer as for what TO seems to be trying to do on the court.
    *I'd just like to add that style, I'm sure, is the other big reason Chicago wants this trade to happen. Boozer is almost useless as a PF when the game speeds up as it tends to these days. He can't guard stretch 4s, he certainly can't keep up with a small-ball lineup, where his bruising kind of post up game becomes harder to utilize because of pace...Thus he's less than ideal on both ends of the court.
    It is a great year to be looking for backup PG's and a mini-MLE would be available.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

I don't think Boozer is ideal but it is certainly MUCH better than keeping Bargnani. Also, he becomes a huge expiring contract in 2 seasons time.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If if Bargnani is amnestied, the team would still be over the salary cap and therefore only able to sign free agents for various exceptions. The Raps wouldn't be able to offer big contracts, unless done via S&T deal.
    +1

They would likely be better off holding on to him, I hate to say, until he was an expiring..... and I wouldn't have to change my twitter handle
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think Boozer is ideal but it is certainly MUCH better than keeping Bargnani. Also, he becomes a huge expiring contract in 2 seasons time.
    The "trade Bargnani" narrative is threatening to ruin this team, one way or the other, if management starts to listen to fans.

Taking on Boozer's deal is not "certainly MUCH better" than keeping Bargnani. It *could* be better, if everything works out perfectly for Boozer in TO. But it could also be financial albatross, a chemistry-killer, a bane on the development of Valanciunas, and/or many other negative things before he comes off the books.

I'm on record as saying Bargnani has to go. But this "at all costs" narrative suggests that he's having some sort of soul-killing negative effect on the fortunes of the franchise. An unbiased look at the state of the team today says that's a vast over-estimation of Il Mago's relative impact.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulls fans need to accept Carlos Boozer for what he is-
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...hat-he-is.html

Boozer deciding against diving for a loose ball might not be something fans in other NBA cities would even notice, for example. But it stands out on a team with a go-for-broke mentality that was illustrated by C.J. Watson dislocating his elbow diving for a loose ball during a 40-point victory over Memphis.
    Has Carlos Boozer Turned the Corner for the Bulls?-
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carlos-...0869--nba.html

As to how long this will last is anyone's guess. It is fair to wonder if Boozer's renaissance is here to stay, or simply a fluke. Time will tell. But as of right now, Boozer is finally performing like the player Bulls fans thought he would be. As much heat as he has taken for underperforming, he now deserves a little love. Better late than never, right?
    It's not just gaudy numbers that mark Boozer's improvement. There are also more subtle differences, such as an increase in free throw attempts-- which is an indicator of aggressiveness. And although Boozer will never be mistaken for a defensive stopper, he even looks to at least be trying on that end as well. A vital reason the Bulls have maintained a winning record while awaiting the return of Derrick Rose, Boozer has significantly stepped his game up. He looks to have gotten his "mojo" back.
    Last edited by bobbybutler; Thu Feb 14th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie phillythekid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Colangelo could pry Ilyasova from the Bucks for Bargs, I'd never speak a bad word of him again. Not only would we get the better player, the Bucks would become worse and give us a better chance of catching them!!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Don't worry...the team is totally different now with Gay in town, and Bargnani is going to be a spark off the bench.

All we need to do is keeping changing every single team variable to make sure Bargnani has a chance to shine. One day, it's going to work for at least 13 games, I guarantee it!
    AB is no spark of the bench. Last night he had 3 chances for a rebound in a sequence and got zero. He did have a block in this sequence but Knicks eventually scored. He gives no effort to go for ball unless it drops in his lap. Casey knows it but at least now Casey is playing to win games not appease the golden boy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote phillythekid wrote: View Post
    If Colangelo could pry Ilyasova from the Bucks for Bargs, I'd never speak a bad word of him again. Not only would we get the better player, the Bucks would become worse and give us a better chance of catching them!!
    Lol

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    AB is no spark of the bench. Last night he had 3 chances for a rebound in a sequence and got zero. He did have a block in this sequence but Knicks eventually scored. He gives no effort to go for ball unless it drops in his lap. Casey knows it but at least now Casey is playing to win games not appease the golden boy.
    I was being sarcastic.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

30 minutes of Boozer is worse than 15 minutes of Bargnani

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    The "trade Bargnani" narrative is threatening to ruin this team, one way or the other, if management starts to listen to fans.

Taking on Boozer's deal is not "certainly MUCH better" than keeping Bargnani. It *could* be better, if everything works out perfectly for Boozer in TO. But it could also be financial albatross, a chemistry-killer, a bane on the development of Valanciunas, and/or many other negative things before he comes off the books.

I'm on record as saying Bargnani has to go. But this "at all costs" narrative suggests that he's having some sort of soul-killing negative effect on the fortunes of the franchise. An unbiased look at the state of the team today says that's a vast over-estimation of Il Mago's relative impact.
    Thank you for some sanity....It is essential moving Bargs be done properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It is a great year to be looking for backup PG's and a mini-MLE would be available.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

We are not going to sign any free agent better than Boozer so if Chicago will dump we should take him.

Raptors Republic Rookie ryley_b's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet as I haven't read the entire thread. But someone please tell me if I am completely ridiculous by saying that I don't like the Carlos Boozer deal because I just don't want to cheer for Carlos Boozer. I mean, I could come on here and veil my disdain for Boozer with some thoughts on his defence or whatever but at the end of the day I just don't like dude and I have no real justification as to why (besides the time he dumped paint on his head and tried to pass it off as hair).

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there probably isn't much of a doubt whether Boozer would make our team better but I really just don't want "that guy" starting at the 4 spot for us. Is this such a crime?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I don't think Boozer is a big enough upgrade worthy of making us a luxury tax team. Is Boozer worth loosing all financial flexibility for, including loosing the option of signing free agents in the offsease using the various exceptions? I don't think so.
    We are not going to sign 15 and 10 FA period.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Even with the other contracts coming off the books after next season? That's depressing.
    If if Bargnani is amnestied, the team would still be over the salary cap and therefore only able to sign free agents for various exceptions. The Raps wouldn't be able to offer big contracts, unless done via S&T deal.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly beggars can't be choicer. We always knew they only way to get rid of Barny would be to take back a bad contract. Well here it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I'm fine with the way things are going. Casey's not being pushed to give Andrea time and so he can hold him accountable. One of these days Andrea will get hot, and it will likely be a day when Anderson is not. That day, we'll be glad that we have another scoring option coming off our bench.
    I don't hate him enough to take back a lousy contract. He'll prove useful, and maybe he'll get hot enough that someone will overpay for him. We couldn't get Hedo for him right now..

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We also have no idea if trading for Boozer means getting 2 seasons of 15 and 10....period.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    We also have no idea if trading for Boozer means getting 2 seasons of 15 and 10....period.
    True, but there seems to be a little more certainty with Boozer, as opposed to a faceless, hypothetical free agent who may or may not want to sign here.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 429 of 528 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 ... LastLast

Thread Information