View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.09%
  • B

47 37.01%
  • C

30 23.62%
  • D

18 14.17%
  • F

23 18.11%
Page 435 of 527 FirstFirst ... 335 385 425 433 434 435 436 437 445 485 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,700 of 10537

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nate would also be an upgrade over John Lucas

Scouting report
    + Emotional, pint-sized guard with explosive hops. Aggressive scorer.
    + Good outside shooter but shot selection an issue. Gets out of control.
    + Strength, athleticism partly offset size on D. Loses focus, gambles and fouls.

Analysis
    It now appears that Robinson's horrific 2010-11 season was an outlier. He reverted to his old form last season as one of the league's premier bench energizers and proved a tremendous low-cost pickup for Golden State. Robinson averaged nearly a point every two minutes, but the real revelation was his distribution from the point. Unbelievably, he ranked ninth in the league in pure point rating and eighth in turnover rate; in particular, his rate of 7.8 assists per 40 minutes was by far the best of his career.

As always, Robinson shot well, too. He hit 36.5 percent of his 3s and a solid 40.2 percent of his long 2s, along with a decent free throw rate. Add it all up and he was a major offensive plus, creating lots of shots for both himself and his teammates, with a respectable percentage and few turnovers.

Defensively, Robinson graded as the worst player in the league with at least 300 plays defended, according to Synergy. I don't think he was really quite that bad -- his other data wasn't nearly as negative -- but he certainly wasn't good. Robinson ranked in the top quarter of point guards in steals per minute, but only at a huge cost in missed gambles and fouls. At 5-9, it's fairly easy for opponents to play over the top of him too.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Update!

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...to-chicago.htm

So basically we trade Bargnani for exactly what we need. A competent back up point guard and a veteran low post presence PF.

I can't see why we wouldnt pull the trade. Bargnani really cant lower his trade value much further, so this would be huge for us.
    I can't see why either. Even those arguing against it have not given a reason that is not based on unfounded opinions.

I hope it is just Colangelo being held back from the phone by Steffi as he continues to play it cool for a better deal.

BryCo: Give me the damn phone! Make the deal! Make the deal, Steffi!

Steffi: Bryan shut the fuck up.

BryCo: You realize the only other trade out there is Tyrus Thomas and us sending a 2nd rd pick!?!?!?

Steffi: Bryan do you remember last summer when you were going to give up Calderon, #8, DD, and ED for Gay? Patience paid off and we raped those little bitches in Memphis.

BryCo: But this is Bargnani!

Steffi: Yeah and this is another cheap desperate ownership group. Be patient, Bryan.

**Steffi lets BryCo out of the figure-4 leg lock**

BryCo: Can't I just call Gar and Pax to say hi?

Steffi: Bryan you touch that phone I'm going to fuck you up and after I am done I'm going to call your dad and let him know how ridiculously unColangelo-like you continue to be. You think your dad got LBJ in to the Olympic fold by calling him every 20 minutes. Be cool you tool.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Link? I honestly would take Robinson over Lucas any day of the week.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Robinson seems like a bit of a selfish hothead. Not sure why I have that impression of him....but I wonder if he'll fall in line, and buy into Casey's systems.

But either way, he's an expiring contract, so I suppose it's not a big concern.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I can't see why either. Even those arguing against it have not given a reason that is not based on unfounded opinions.

I hope it is just Colangelo being held back from the phone by Steffi as he continues to play it cool for a better deal.

BryCo: You realize the only other trade out there is Tyrus Thomas and us sending a 2nd rd pick!?!?!?

Steffi: Bryan do you remember last summer when you were going to give up Calderon, #8, DD, and ED for Gay? Patience paid off and we raped those little bitches in Memphis.

Steffi: Yeah and this is another cheap desperate ownership group. Be patient, Bryan.

Steffi: Bryan you touch that phone I'm going to fuck you up and after I am done I'm going to call your dad and let him know how ridiculously unColangelo-like you continue to be. You think your dad got LBJ in to the Olympic fold by calling him every 20 minutes. Be cool you tool.
    hahaha i seriously cant believe i laughed at this.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote matt52 wrote: View Post
    i can't see why either. Even those arguing against it have not given a reason that is not based on unfounded opinions.

I hope it is just colangelo being held back from the phone by steffi as he continues to play it cool for a better deal.

Bryco: Give me the damn phone! Make the deal! Make the deal, steffi!

Bryco: You realize the only other trade out there is tyrus thomas and us sending a 2nd rd pick!?!?!?

Steffi: Bryan do you remember last summer when you were going to give up calderon, #8, dd, and ed for gay? Patience paid off and we raped those little bitches in memphis.

Bryco: But this is bargnani!

Steffi: Yeah and this is another cheap desperate ownership group. Be patient, bryan.

**steffi lets bryco out of the figure-4 leg lock**

bryco: Can't i just call gar and pax to say hi?

Steffi: Bryan you touch that phone i'm going to fuck you up and after i am done i'm going to call your dad and let him know how ridiculously uncolangelo-like you continue to be. You think your dad got lbj in to the olympic fold by calling him every 20 minutes. Be cool you tool.
    lmao

Post Thanks / Like

+1. Although, I would honestly run with this deal.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this should be merged with the bargnani for boozer thread, already talking about it there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Robinson seems like a bit of a selfish hothead. Not sure why I have that impression of him....but I wonder if he'll fall in line, and buy into Casey's systems.

But either way, he's an expiring contract, so I suppose it's not a big concern.
    That was my concern too, but then i envisioned putting Nate and JL3 side by side and comparing them. JL3 looks like a toothpick beside Nate. Nate can finish at the rim and has a decent jumper too. Plus, we can add him to this:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    That was my concern too, but then i envisioned putting Nate and JL3 side by side and comparing them. JL3 looks like a toothpick beside Nate. Nate can finish at the rim and has a decent jumper too. Plus, we can add him to this:

Haha, cool pic. Although it feels tainted with Moon smack dab in the middle. Man I hated that guy....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, cool pic. Although it feels tainted with Moon smack dab in the middle. Man I hated that guy....
    Thats why they should get Nate, and put him on top of Moon for a "player between the legs" dunk.

Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I guess I am surprised at the notion that the deal is on the table whenever we want to take it.... never heard that before

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for the Bargnani/Thibodeau hilarity to ensue. The original Odd Couple....

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for the Bargnani/Thibodeau hilarity to ensue. The original Odd Couple....
    I do think he will be successful for what its worth. It will be salt in Raptor fans wounds but he is never going to do anything here, sadly... very sadly.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Or, he turns him into a sanders/ibaka hybrid, getting 20blks the next time Chicago plays the Raptors

Post Thanks / Like

I do think he will be successful for what its worth. It will be salt in Raptor fans wounds but he is never going to do anything here, sadly... very sadly.
    Like what Calderon is doing in Detroit

He's averaging 2 steals a game for Detroit when his whole career in Toronto he barely averaged even one!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Like what Calderon is doing in Detroit
    Difference is Calderon was playing at that level in Toronto.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

I think he'll be successful initially....just like when Casey first arrived. But if won't be long before Bargnani's himself again.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If JL3 keeps coming big like he has kinda hard to part with him lol, but he is a definition of streaky shooter and Nate has attitude problems hes a headcase. If Boozer wasnt so much goddam money in a heartbeat Id say go for it but if he was cheap Bulls wouldnt be moving him lol pick your poison. Everything in this deal isnt really an answer for anything....

Post Thanks / Like

I think he'll be successful initially....just like when Casey first arrived. But if won't be long before Bargnani's himself again.
    Ahhhhhh sweet sweet comfort.
    Tim Leiweke

Page 435 of 527 FirstFirst ... 335 385 425 433 434 435 436 437 445 485 ... LastLast

Thread Information