View Poll Results: Grade Bargnani's game.

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

9 7.03%
  • B

47 36.72%
  • C

30 23.44%
  • D

19 14.84%
  • F

23 17.97%
Page 462 of 528 FirstFirst ... 362 412 452 460 461 462 463 464 472 512 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 10549

Thread: Everything Bargnani: The Legend Continues

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I like your post - good points.

The bold is one area I would question. Danny Ferry's first move in Atlanta was sending out the best player for pennies on the dollar - an older and more expensive player at that.

However, I think we can safely say Colangelo's LAST move will not be sending out Gay for pennies on the dollar.
    Gay for Gasol.

Toronto gets an expiring contract and a great locker room presence/mentor for Valanciunas; LA gets a younger, talented wing player who still has some merit on a team that already has its two alpha dogs in Howard and Kobe and is looking to win a championship ASAP. You can still do whatever you want with Bargnani - trade for picks, amnesty, whatever you like. You can even trade him for Boozer if you want, though I wouldn't.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't see an extra year as being a long term investment but whatever.

Any trade with LA is going to need a third team unless LA is not making a trade looking for salary relief purposes.

I put up a trade with Minnesota being a third team with Lakers & Raptors. Also Bargnani for Boozer is straightforward. Whatever deal Toronto can get a first round pick from is what I would pursue. I think sending DeRozan out in ANY deal needs a first round draft pick coming back.

Lots of negativity around this draft but solid players come from every draft.
    That part wasn't really directed at you. Just that someone had suggested that getting Boozer was better for flexibility because of the 2015 capspace. I'm arguing that it makes no real difference. Getting Gasol does not sacrifice the chance to add a 2015 free agent if that is the route the team decides to take.

On the second bold, it'd be nice to get the draft pick out of Chicago. I mean, I still doubt a Gasol deal happening, because I just don't see how the Raptors send filler that they can part with in such a deal. That said, I'm all for adding young pieces to a team that needs a chance to not just get talent, but stockpile assets a bit, so it'd be great if more than just Boozer is on the table.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chance to checkout 2 potential raptors tonight. Boozer against the hot Knicks. Carl Landry vs OKC later.

4. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post