Anthony Randolph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Randolph

If this team is serious about picking up a young, developing PF, I think we should look no further than Denver's Anthony Randolph.

" Has really developed as the season has gone on, and is beginning to dominate on a regular basis ... Causes mayhem crashing the glass, often following teammates shots with highlight one handed finishes ... Also shows solid vision and playmaking ability for teammates ... Has a lot of defensive potential. Blocks a ton of shots (2.3 pg) for a wing player due to his length, timing and explosiveness ... Shows good promise as a free throw shooter (70%), hard work and repetition should help him increase it ..."

He came into the Draft as a wing player, but has shown that he can play the 4. Showed great potential in the Summer League in 09, coming a close second to Blake Griffin in MVP votes. Lamar Odom even had this to say about him:

“It’s like looking in the mirror a little. He’s also 6-11, he’s left-handed and he can put the ball on the floor. He’s two times as athletic as I was at that age.

He should set his goals high. He has All-Star potential, Hall of Fame potential, with that size, his ability to put the ball on the floor, he can shoot the three, he can pass. If he stays focused, the sky is the limit for him.”

Many scouting reports have called him a mix of Chris Bosh and Tayshaun Prince. With a small contract (3 yrs, $5.25 million) and numbers that don't really jump out at you (7.9 pts, 4.8 reb, 1 blk), this guy can fly under the radar enough to be a steal in future years.

I think this is just the guy to replace ED, and in fact, I think he has WAY more potential than ED. Given the minutes and a bigger role (currently avg 6 mpg) he could develop into the PF of the future for the Raps. If we could swing this, it'd be like having a draft pick, full of potential.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3str9w
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

I heard he has motor problems

Comment

him and rubio remind me of ed and jose.

even with his problems, which of course he has - he's not the messiah by any means - he's enough of a low risk (he's owed an average of $1.7 million for the next 3 yrs) that I'd take him.
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Welcome to the board.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

This guy is garbage.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            If this team is serious about picking up a young, developing PF, I think we should look no further than Denver's Anthony Randolph.

" Has really developed as the season has gone on, and is beginning to dominate on a regular basis ... Causes mayhem crashing the glass, often following teammates shots with highlight one handed finishes ... Also shows solid vision and playmaking ability for teammates ... Has a lot of defensive potential. Blocks a ton of shots (2.3 pg) for a wing player due to his length, timing and explosiveness ... Shows good promise as a free throw shooter (70%), hard work and repetition should help him increase it ..."

He came into the Draft as a wing player, but has shown that he can play the 4. Showed great potential in the Summer League in 09, coming a close second to Blake Griffin in MVP votes. Lamar Odom even had this to say about him:

“It’s like looking in the mirror a little. He’s also 6-11, he’s left-handed and he can put the ball on the floor. He’s two times as athletic as I was at that age.

He should set his goals high. He has All-Star potential, Hall of Fame potential, with that size, his ability to put the ball on the floor, he can shoot the three, he can pass. If he stays focused, the sky is the limit for him.”

Many scouting reports have called him a mix of Chris Bosh and Tayshaun Prince. With a small contract (3 yrs, $5.25 million) and numbers that don't really jump out at you (7.9 pts, 4.8 reb, 1 blk), this guy can fly under the radar enough to be a steal in future years.

I think this is just the guy to replace ED, and in fact, I think he has WAY more potential than ED. Given the minutes and a bigger role (currently avg 6 mpg) he could develop into the PF of the future for the Raps. If we could swing this, it'd be like having a draft pick, full of potential.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b3str9w
            anthony randolph is my 5th fav plyer in the nba, dude would put up some incredible numbers but for some reason he can't get off the bench. had him a few years ago on my fantasy team and he was putting up 12/7 in something like 23 mins
            "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Three things

1) Haven't watched him play or denver, but I looked at their roster and he's the only player listed as a PF. If he's not getting the minutes at PF who is? Also the Nuggets are 4th in the West, so they must be doing something right.

2) I looked at his stats, and nothing jumped out at me as being particularly good. Specifically his rebound rates and his offensive efficiency.

3) Is he even available? Also looking at their roster, they don't need any small forwards, or centers so I don't see who we could even trade for him. Quincy Acy? I'm not saying he's not worth trying to get (although I am kind of saying that) I'm just not seeing HOW that would happen.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I don't know where the OP founds those quotes but you the check the date on them. I was curious because I remember talking about him ages ago so I looked up the Odom quote. That was from 2009, man.

Classic example of a guy who has managed to stick in the league because he's tall.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  This guy is garbage.
                  When tenforthewin is badmouthing your thread, you know there's a problem...

Comment

Working...
                  X