Clear All

• We are not making the playoffs so ...

I think we should play

PG: Lowry
    SG: DeRozan
    SF: Gay
    PF: Johnson
    C: Valanciunas

6th man: Bargnani (See if he can mesh with this team)
    7th man: Ross (He needs playing time)

I have no problem with Anderson but if we keep playing him and we don't trade him I'll be pissed. He is more of a chucker then Bargnani.

I don't mind trading Bargnani as long as we get a lockdown C. If not he is still a very good 6th man ... if you don't think so you have drank to much haterade.

you want to talk about chuckers John Lucas went 3-10 tonight! that should never happen.
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

The guys who do not belong in the rotation are Pietrus, Kleiza (even healthy), Acy. Garbage minutes only for these guys.

Very limited,spot duty for Anderson, Lucas and Gray.

Haddadi shows on the roster - has his status changed? I understood there were visa problems and we may never see him in a Raptor uniform.
      Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

As the odds of making the playoffs diminish, Acy should be getting more minutes. He'll develop that way. I feel sorry for Ed Davis as he seems to be getting about 5 minutes a game in Memphis. His career just took a huge step backwards through no fault of his own.

Comment

Agreed. Valanciunas should be starting even if we are trying to make the playoffs, so he should definitely be starting when we are mostly just playing for developing now. I hope to god AA gets moved too so we don't have to worry about Casey giving him TRoss' minutes.

Comment

Minute distribution should look like this:

Bigs (96 min. Total): johnson 36, bargnani 30, valanciunas 30
            Wings (96 min. Total): gay 36, derozan 36, ross 24
            Pg (48 min. Total): lowry 36, lucas 12

Everyone else should get garbage minutes, or more playing time if injuries happen. This is a tight rotation but this is the core of team and they need to build chemistry.
            "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post

Everyone else should get garbage minutes, or more playing time if injuries happen. This is a tight rotation but this is the core of team and they need to build chemistry.
              I think Fields should get some burn too. He's only 24, he's a good glue guy and his contract likely makes him untradeable, so he should be considered part of the team's young core too. That gives the team a solid 9-man rotation - we just need to upgrade the backup PG position... *cough* Ridnour *cough*

Comment

Dunk wrote: View Post
                Agreed. Valanciunas should be starting even if we are trying to make the playoffs, so he should definitely be starting when we are mostly just playing for developing now. I hope to god AA gets moved too so we don't have to worry about Casey giving him TRoss' minutes.
                I think they will slowly ease Valanciunas into the starting line-up. We all know how much BC values JV and I think he'll want Casey to slowly put into the starting lineup to make sure he doesn't get injured again. He did just come back from a broken hand injury and he's only played four games coming back, so I think he'll return to the starting lineup in the next week or so.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post

I agree - and I think we have Lucas because of no other options now - not because we want so. But we must include Fields. I think you forgot him because he is injured now.

Comment

I would start Andrea, he is our trade chip. Starting Jonas, against stronger centers is going to hurt us, we can easily give him 25 minutes by being mindful of the matchups.

Hence we build our asset, and shop a key player, who will be taken more seriously in the starting lineup. Doing the opposite hurts us twice.
                    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Sun Feb 10, 2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X