Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Physical Play !!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Physical Play !!

I think that the Raptor's Brian Colangelo should send to the league office the replay of the incident of Tyler Hansbrough throwing Jonas Valanciunas to the floor. It warrants a suspension; amazing that not one official saw this happen and not even a foul let alone a flagrant foul called. The officials seem to look the other way when it comes to calling fouls on the other team. This has got to stop!!! How does a poor team ever get any better when all the calls seem to go against them!! Send the film Brian suspend Tyler Hansbrough!!!

Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.
    I was wondering when someone would make mention of this. They showed the replay like 6 different times last night and each time I was fuming. Especially because it looked like he re-injured his hand on the 'play' also if the refs called a flagrant, like they should have done then its likely the victory woulda been sealed before way before the overtime dramatics.

I knew Hansborough played a tough, gritty type game but a dirty game too? now I know. Lance Stevenson too - they both seemed to get away with little cheap shot nonsense.
    Another thing, from afar the streaking Pacers got my respect, they were doing all the right things and seemed to be bringing indiana back to glory but upon closer inspection, this team looks like a dirty, hack and slap, cheap shot team with several knuckle-heads....aside from a few players, this team gets no respect from me. Glad we beat them on their turf -- twice

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i was just finished going on a rant about how i fucking hate hansborough and not even a minute later he pulled that garbage. we need to bring in the big cat to lay a beating on guys for that stuff. the guy is a dirty player and the refs always reward him with calls in his favour that he has no right getting. i swear hes blowing every ref in the league.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hansborough is a stupid meathead.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a fun game to watch. Hansbrough gets a lot of calls, shoots a lot of free throws. Tough player. Sticks up for his baby brother, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks to me as if he is just throwing tantrum around lol he reminds me of Puddy from Seinfeld, a highschool jock that never grew up.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Big V probably has the next indiana game marked on his calender. He should lay hansbrough out
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    It was a fun game to watch. Hansbrough gets a lot of calls, shoots a lot of free throws. Tough player. Sticks up for his baby brother, too.

Haha, our boy double T would have knocked his ass out.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Tyler Hansbrough is one of the most hated player in the NBA for shit like this. He's a punk and a bitch. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote badbob wrote: View Post
    I think that the Raptor's Brian Colangelo should send to the league office the replay of the incident of Tyler Hansbrough throwing Jonas Valanciunas to the floor. It warrants a suspension; amazing that not one official saw this happen and not even a foul let alone a flagrant foul called. The officials seem to look the other way when it comes to calling fouls on the other team. This has got to stop!!! How does a poor team ever get any better when all the calls seem to go against them!! Send the film Brian suspend Tyler Hansbrough!!!
    They always look the other way against us.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote badbob wrote: View Post
    It was really ridiculous...I must've rewatched that play 20 times. The official was looking right at them. IN FACT, he was counting the seconds in the paint for Hansbrough, who was just camping under the basket while JV was just outside the paint. I do not understand how he did not call that play. And it was not a basketball play. That should be an automatic flagrant 2 and ejection. There's really no excuse for the official not making that call. I hope that the ref is benched for a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dunk wrote: View Post
    Tyler Hansbrough is one of the most hated player in the NBA for shit like this. He's a punk and a bitch. I hope he gets what's coming to him.
    He's a restricted free agent after this season. After Bargnani is moved, he'd looked good coming off the Raptors' bench. Just sayin'.....

Post Thanks / Like

He's a restricted free agent after this season. After Bargnani is moved, he'd looked good coming off the Raptors' bench. Just sayin'.....
    Screw that. Not interested in that what's so ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Valanciunas has to fight his own battles and not rely on the league office for justice.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he was smart back then, admit it, he's more mature than most of players at his age
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Jonas had a big game against a tough team. JV has guts, more than some 7 footers for sure. He's going to take his lumps because he wants to play around the rim, he's a rookie, and he's not as strong as many other NBA bigs.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jonas had a big game against a tough team. JV has guts, more than some 7 footers for sure. He's going to take his lumps because he wants to play around the rim, he's a rookie, and he's not as strong as many other NBA bigs.
    This game probably was second nature to JV. The L. Rytas highlights last season were always showing muggings and assaults. Plus I believe the stigma attached to a teenager playing in the senior leagues in Europe doesn't help for calls or breaks.

I said yesterday that JV was the best Raps big at times before his injury and he showed that last night. For him not to get big minutes the rest of the season and for him not to jump Gray on the depth chart would be a travesty.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    This game probably was second nature to JV. The L. Rytas highlights last season were always showing muggings and assaults. Plus I believe the stigma attached to a teenager playing in the senior leagues in Europe doesn't help for calls or breaks.

I said yesterday that JV was the best Raps big at times before his injury and he showed that last night. For him not to get big minutes the rest of the season and for him not to jump Gray on the depth chart would be a travesty.
    JV is a warrior. Physical play will never intimidate him. As he gets bigger, he's going to be destroying guys like Hansbrough under the basket....I can't wait for those days.
    *Also, he's clearly as much a target here for beign young and known. He gets beat on by guys every night...there have been some really dirty plays at times

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of physical play that was some crazy jumping thing he did in the end of the game 2:52 to distract the pass. The Indiana player inbounding the ball probably thought "WTF is this???"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post

Speaking of physical play that was some crazy jumping thing he did in the end of the game 2:52 to distract the pass. The Indiana player inbounding the ball probably thought "WTF is this???"
    fuck yeah, man, that's the way it's supposed to be. Isn't that how you were coached? My coach would be like "make your self as big and distracting as possible, no matter how crazy it looks".....You don't want the inbounder to have any idea where your arms and legs are going to be so that they're always terrified to make a pass. I thought it was great. It's something not enough guys do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information