No announcement yet.

Physical Play !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas had a big game against a tough team. JV has guts, more than some 7 footers for sure. He's going to take his lumps because he wants to play around the rim, he's a rookie, and he's not as strong as many other NBA bigs.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      Jonas had a big game against a tough team. JV has guts, more than some 7 footers for sure. He's going to take his lumps because he wants to play around the rim, he's a rookie, and he's not as strong as many other NBA bigs.
      This game probably was second nature to JV. The L. Rytas highlights last season were always showing muggings and assaults. Plus I believe the stigma attached to a teenager playing in the senior leagues in Europe doesn't help for calls or breaks.

I said yesterday that JV was the best Raps big at times before his injury and he showed that last night. For him not to get big minutes the rest of the season and for him not to jump Gray on the depth chart would be a travesty.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        This game probably was second nature to JV. The L. Rytas highlights last season were always showing muggings and assaults. Plus I believe the stigma attached to a teenager playing in the senior leagues in Europe doesn't help for calls or breaks.

I said yesterday that JV was the best Raps big at times before his injury and he showed that last night. For him not to get big minutes the rest of the season and for him not to jump Gray on the depth chart would be a travesty.
        JV is a warrior. Physical play will never intimidate him. As he gets bigger, he's going to be destroying guys like Hansbrough under the basket....I can't wait for those days.
        *Also, he's clearly as much a target here for beign young and known. He gets beat on by guys every night...there have been some really dirty plays at times

Comment

Speaking of physical play that was some crazy jumping thing he did in the end of the game 2:52 to distract the pass. The Indiana player inbounding the ball probably thought "WTF is this???"

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Speaking of physical play that was some crazy jumping thing he did in the end of the game 2:52 to distract the pass. The Indiana player inbounding the ball probably thought "WTF is this???"
            fuck yeah, man, that's the way it's supposed to be. Isn't that how you were coached? My coach would be like "make your self as big and distracting as possible, no matter how crazy it looks".....You don't want the inbounder to have any idea where your arms and legs are going to be so that they're always terrified to make a pass. I thought it was great. It's something not enough guys do.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              JV is a warrior. Physical play will never intimidate him. As he gets bigger, he's going to be destroying guys like Hansbrough under the basket....I can't wait for those days.
              *Also, he's clearly as much a target here for beign young and known. He gets beat on by guys every night...there have been some really dirty plays at times
              +1!

Every year he's going to get a little bit bigger, and he's already tough as shit. Pacers were hacking him out of frustration when he got position on them for a rebound. Kleize has that stone cold, don't fuck with me, edge too - maybe it's a Lithuanian thing? I look forward to Valanciunas laying people out for years to come.

Comment

Lol if LK was on the floor he probably would have murdered hansbrough

Comment

haha yeah show him what sticking up for your bro is

Comment

LK would've stabbed him right there.

Comment

Hansbrough can take a shot as well as dish it out. Gerald Henderson delivered such a sucker punch with his elbow no less. The announcer, Billy Packer, makes some BIZARRE observations. The intent by Henderson was to lay a beating on his nemesis:

Comment

Raps need to toughen the fuck up. If someone's going to lay one of your best players out with a dirty play they've got to hit the deck. I'm don't believe in violence as a retaliation but i do believe in standing up for yourself and the rest of your team. Show some fucking pride. If I was Casey I'd have called a timeout and sent Acy in to remind Hansbrough and the rest of the league we're not going to be stepped on.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hansbrough got benched right after the JV throw down. When he came back it was with the game on the line, no time for retaliation.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            Raps need to toughen the fuck up. If someone's going to lay one of your best players out with a dirty play they've got to hit the deck. I'm don't believe in violence as a retaliation but i do believe in standing up for yourself and the rest of your team. Show some fucking pride. If I was Casey I'd have called a timeout and sent Acy in to remind Hansbrough and the rest of the league we're not going to be stepped on.
                            I would have liked to see that too but Vogul immediately subbed TH out after that play apparently because of the physical play according to announcers

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                              Hansbrough got benched right after the JV throw down. When he came back it was with the game on the line, no time for retaliation.
                              beat me to it lol

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                                I would have liked to see that too but Vogul immediately subbed TH out after that play apparently because of the physical play according to announcers
                                Acy steps in, stomps him and then gets a flargrant, they score 2 additional points and outcome = we loose the game. Glad it didnt happened.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X