Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Physical Play !!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    JV is a warrior. Physical play will never intimidate him. As he gets bigger, he's going to be destroying guys like Hansbrough under the basket....I can't wait for those days.
    *Also, he's clearly as much a target here for beign young and known. He gets beat on by guys every night...there have been some really dirty plays at times
    +1!

Every year he's going to get a little bit bigger, and he's already tough as shit. Pacers were hacking him out of frustration when he got position on them for a rebound. Kleize has that stone cold, don't fuck with me, edge too - maybe it's a Lithuanian thing? I look forward to Valanciunas laying people out for years to come.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol if LK was on the floor he probably would have murdered hansbrough

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

haha yeah show him what sticking up for your bro is

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

LK would've stabbed him right there.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Hansbrough can take a shot as well as dish it out. Gerald Henderson delivered such a sucker punch with his elbow no less. The announcer, Billy Packer, makes some BIZARRE observations. The intent by Henderson was to lay a beating on his nemesis:

Post Thanks / Like

Raps need to toughen the fuck up. If someone's going to lay one of your best players out with a dirty play they've got to hit the deck. I'm don't believe in violence as a retaliation but i do believe in standing up for yourself and the rest of your team. Show some fucking pride. If I was Casey I'd have called a timeout and sent Acy in to remind Hansbrough and the rest of the league we're not going to be stepped on.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Hansbrough got benched right after the JV throw down. When he came back it was with the game on the line, no time for retaliation.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Raps need to toughen the fuck up. If someone's going to lay one of your best players out with a dirty play they've got to hit the deck. I'm don't believe in violence as a retaliation but i do believe in standing up for yourself and the rest of your team. Show some fucking pride. If I was Casey I'd have called a timeout and sent Acy in to remind Hansbrough and the rest of the league we're not going to be stepped on.
    I would have liked to see that too but Vogul immediately subbed TH out after that play apparently because of the physical play according to announcers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Hansbrough got benched right after the JV throw down. When he came back it was with the game on the line, no time for retaliation.
    beat me to it lol

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    I would have liked to see that too but Vogul immediately subbed TH out after that play apparently because of the physical play according to announcers
    Acy steps in, stomps him and then gets a flargrant, they score 2 additional points and outcome = we loose the game. Glad it didnt happened.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Acy steps in, stomps him and then gets a flargrant, they score 2 additional points and outcome = we loose the game. Glad it didnt happened.
    hard to say that cause the flagrant foul could have taken place instead of one of their baskets or 3 pointers the took which means we actually could have won in regulation

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Raps need to toughen up, a lot of times thereis no fight for the little things unless its Amir, Kyle, Acy and now Rudy. JV has it too but he isnt strong enough to back Big guys off him yet I swear when JV adds muscle to his body and has someknowledge of the game under his belt hes going to be so special.

No one really said this but Kyle didnt score much that game but he played killer D against Indi stop 2 fast breaks by his lonesome, a lot of guards in the league would have moved out of the way and not try to stop a 2 1 break on them.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tyler Hansbrough deserved that tho. I don't feel one bit of pity for that guy, he hacks on literally every play
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i agree, but I think methods need to be very carefully chosen. Retaliation is always a bad call, even in such a dirty play. For instance, if JV retaliated he would at least et a tech, if not ejected...that helps nothing. And fighting helps nothing, that's how you get stupidity like the brawl in Detroit.

You need to be able to be tough and back off, not get drawn into crap by dumbasses like Hansbrough, or Stephenson... and then you need to be able to "retaliate" through avenues that present themselves naturally in the game. You don't retaliate against those guys, because that plays their game....what you need is a guy like Chuck, or Oak, who can pull off a legal foul and still knock the hell out of someone, and who'll be like "you hit my star, I'll hit yours", not go after useless bit players....

Again, those guys are only successful if you let them get in your head and actually pay attention to them, because they have virtually no impact beyond their attitude. IF you want to be tough back, you have to hurt their chances of winning. Taking a nice big shot at George or West on their next shot would've been the appropriate response. IT shows you'll fight back, but that you're also smart...like "i know you ain't gonna do shit to help your team win Tyler, so every time you hit JV I'm going to make George need a lot more ice..."

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Val just said in the pregame, that he likes that sort of game, he like the physicality of it. So even though he got tossed to the floor, he liked the intensity.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If raps had Hansborough we would have everyone loving him for his tough plays.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

JV's used to it, will only get more used to it.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

Lopez on Jonas: "He's an aggressive guy. He's physical. I think that's really important, especially for a young guy. That will get him far."
    Earlier in the season I said something to the effect of JV's effort already puts him ahead of half the bigs in the league. That is what I love about the guy: you are never going to question his heart, commitment, effort, or desire to win.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Thread Information