Physical Play !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Acy steps in, stomps him and then gets a flargrant, they score 2 additional points and outcome = we loose the game. Glad it didnt happened.
    hard to say that cause the flagrant foul could have taken place instead of one of their baskets or 3 pointers the took which means we actually could have won in regulation

Comment

I agree Raps need to toughen up, a lot of times thereis no fight for the little things unless its Amir, Kyle, Acy and now Rudy. JV has it too but he isnt strong enough to back Big guys off him yet I swear when JV adds muscle to his body and has someknowledge of the game under his belt hes going to be so special.

No one really said this but Kyle didnt score much that game but he played killer D against Indi stop 2 fast breaks by his lonesome, a lot of guards in the league would have moved out of the way and not try to stop a 2 1 break on them.

Comment

Tyler Hansbrough deserved that tho. I don't feel one bit of pity for that guy, he hacks on literally every play

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Raps need to toughen the fuck up. If someone's going to lay one of your best players out with a dirty play they've got to hit the deck. I'm don't believe in violence as a retaliation but i do believe in standing up for yourself and the rest of your team. Show some fucking pride. If I was Casey I'd have called a timeout and sent Acy in to remind Hansbrough and the rest of the league we're not going to be stepped on.
          i agree, but I think methods need to be very carefully chosen. Retaliation is always a bad call, even in such a dirty play. For instance, if JV retaliated he would at least et a tech, if not ejected...that helps nothing. And fighting helps nothing, that's how you get stupidity like the brawl in Detroit.

You need to be able to be tough and back off, not get drawn into crap by dumbasses like Hansbrough, or Stephenson... and then you need to be able to "retaliate" through avenues that present themselves naturally in the game. You don't retaliate against those guys, because that plays their game....what you need is a guy like Chuck, or Oak, who can pull off a legal foul and still knock the hell out of someone, and who'll be like "you hit my star, I'll hit yours", not go after useless bit players....

Again, those guys are only successful if you let them get in your head and actually pay attention to them, because they have virtually no impact beyond their attitude. IF you want to be tough back, you have to hurt their chances of winning. Taking a nice big shot at George or West on their next shot would've been the appropriate response. IT shows you'll fight back, but that you're also smart...like "i know you ain't gonna do shit to help your team win Tyler, so every time you hit JV I'm going to make George need a lot more ice..."

Comment

Val just said in the pregame, that he likes that sort of game, he like the physicality of it. So even though he got tossed to the floor, he liked the intensity.

Comment

If raps had Hansborough we would have everyone loving him for his tough plays.

Comment

JV's used to it, will only get more used to it.

Comment

Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

Lopez on Jonas: "He's an aggressive guy. He's physical. I think that's really important, especially for a young guy. That will get him far."
                  Earlier in the season I said something to the effect of JV's effort already puts him ahead of half the bigs in the league. That is what I love about the guy: you are never going to question his heart, commitment, effort, or desire to win.

Comment

Working...
                  X