Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup PG trades

Trade 1:
    Y!Sports says Phoenix is looking to move Sebastian Telfair for a second round pick. Since raptors can't afford to absorb his contract I thought something like this might work to address the backup pg situation

Raptors trade
    Hamed Hadaddi
    2014 Sacramento 2nd round pick

Raptors receive
    Sebastian Telfair
    Luke Zeller

Trade 2:
    Apparently Chicago is interested in John lucas for Nate Robinson. However the way Robinson has been playing(Eastern Conference player of the week last week) I think Chicago would want more
    Chicago trades:
    Nate Robinson
    Nazr Mohammed
    Marquis Teague

Raptors trade
    Alan Anderson
    John Lucas
    2014 Sacramento 2nd round pick

Mohammed and Teague are more for cap filler but Mohammed would be a good locker room presence or maybe backup center ahead of gray(both are pretty bad). Teague is a good prospect and there isn't enough room on the wings for Anderson to stay. Bulls get 3 point shooters which they have said they're after.

Trade 3:
    Raptors trade:
    Hamed Hadaddi
    Alan Anderson
    Pacers trade:
    DJ Augustin

Augustin has not worked out as well as Indiana hoped this season and beyond George and Green, Pacers don't have ANY wings, so Anderson would be more valuable than Augustin at this point IMO.

Trade 4:
    Raptors trades:
    Aaron Gray
    Sacramento 2014 2nd round pick
    Sacramento trades:
    Aaron Brooks is the odd man out in Sacramento with fredette and Thomas at the point. They have no backup C for Cousins right now so Gray would be a good fit.

Thoughts???

Trade 1: No thanks to Telfair. He's no better than Lucas. Actually I much prefer Lucas. If we make this trade, he'll most definitely be a third string. We don't need anymore shoot first point guards.

Trade 2: I would like Robinson on our team. He has a lot of energy off the bench and is decent at passing for a back-up. Still not sure if Chicago would do it, but I would do this trade.

Trade 3: I do like DJ Augustin. He's a good passer when he wants to be and can also take some shots from downtown. However, I think the Pacers would want a PG out of this. Without Augustin, the Pacers would be very very thin in the PG department. We might have to give up Lucas if we want Augustin.

Trade 4: I find it hilarious that we're giving Sacramento their pick back, but again, I do like Brooks as a scorer. I'm not too familiar with him as a passer, but I do believe he's not that good at it.

Overall, of the four picks, I would only want Augustin and Robinson. Those two are relatively decent passers for a back-up PG and they are both good scorers when they are on their game. I'm surprised you didn't include Ridnour as one of your trade. I think he should be a option we should consider.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      I'm surprised you didn't include Ridnour as one of your trade. I think he should be a option we should consider.
      I tried to find a trade involving ridnour but I don't know what the raptors have that Minnesota might be interested in. They're trying to trade their pg's because they have too many. I can't see them being interested in Kleiza. Anderson maybe but he wouldn't be enough. Maybe fields but I'm not sure I want to get rid of fields because then Anderson gets a permanent spot in the rotation.

Comment

I like targeting Augustin, but Haddadi can only be traded by himself, not in a package with other players. Unfortunately, that deal (#3) can't happen.

I have 2 options for Ridnour, that don't involve Bargnani.

Ridnour Option #1: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bfzcm94
        - Kleiza & Anderson & 2nd round pick & cash --> Ridnour
        - the cash is to cover the difference in salary between Kleiza & Ridnour (Kleiza makes $600,000 more this year - pro-rated for half a season - and will make $300,000 more next year, if he picks up his player option)

Ridnour Option #2: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2ehz4a
        - Anderson & Lucas & Acy & 2nd round pick --> Ridnour

Comment

Working...
        X