Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GT Pelicans Vs Raptors: Beware Of Trap Games.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GT Pelicans Vs Raptors: Beware Of Trap Games.

We have to beat teams we are obviously more talented than... simple time to put together a run. Raptors should have the mentality that teams look down on them as a day off game/trap game, Raptors gotta jump on them and play their game for Ws.

Yes we still talking playoffs, or at least be really close to let free agents know "Jeez those guys up North are on the rise"

Pelicans have the #1 draft pick and hes playing great partnered with Vasquez so Lowry and Johnson have some work cut out for them tonight, Austin Rivers im going to call a non factor... Ross should eat his food off the bench such an undeveloped talent right now really a project, bad decision maker, bad shooer (which was one of his strengths hes shooting below 30% ouch, 48% FT shooter ouch, awful back up point guard gets 2-3 ast in 20 minutes a game 4 turnovers a game ouch. So glad we didnt pick him up, Pelicans gotta send him to D-League.

Game Notes:

Fields is still out with Back issues may have to go get it looked at. Been persisting for days.
    Bargnani has been showing up everyone in practise Maybe we see "Il Mago" fulltime until he is traded

So to quote Shakespeare

"We must take the current when it serves or lose our ventures" Ride he momentum off of that Pacers upset game and get a streak going.

P.S in other news Calderon is doing great in Detroit had a big game the other night amd I believe we are playing them next.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV vs. Davis!

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    JV vs. Davis!
    Really looking foward to seeing this matchup

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    Really looking foward to seeing this matchup
    But Davis is PF and Jonas is a true C. Not sure if they even will be defending one another. Seems to me that the matchups are going to be Davis vs Johnson/Bargnani and Jonas vs Lopez.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    But Davis is PF and Jonas is a true C. Not sure if they even will be defending one another. Seems to me that the matchups are going to be Davis vs Johnson/Bargnani and Jonas vs Lopez.
    True but hopefully well see a bit of head to head action between the young guns

Post Thanks / Like

Amir Johnson's energy will give Davis problems. Davis isn't use to playing against players with motors and energy.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    We have to beat teams we are obviously more talented than... simple time to put together a run. Raptors should have the mentality that teams look down on them as a day off game/trap game, Raptors gotta jump on them and play their game for Ws.

Yes we still talking playoffs, or at least be really close to let free agents know "Jeez those guys up North are on the rise"

Pelicans have the #1 draft pick and hes playing great partnered with Vasquez so Lowry and Johnson have some work cut out for them tonight, Austin Rivers im going to call a non factor... Ross should eat his food off the bench such an undeveloped talent right now really a project, bad decision maker, bad shooer (which was one of his strengths hes shooting below 30% ouch, 48% FT shooter ouch, awful back up point guard gets 2-3 ast in 20 minutes a game 4 turnovers a game ouch. So glad we didnt pick him up, Pelicans gotta send him to D-League.

Game Notes:

Fields is still out with Back issues may have to go get it looked at. Been persisting for days.
    Bargnani has been showing up everyone in practise Maybe we see "Il Mago" fulltime until he is traded

So to quote Shakespeare

"We must take the current when it serves or lose our ventures" Ride he momentum off of that Pacers upset game and get a streak going.

P.S in other news Calderon is doing great in Detroit had a big game the other night amd I believe we are playing them next.
    Good post. Don't forget we are 0-2 vs Sacramento another team we were supposed to beat....

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Game Notes:

So to quote Shakespeare

we don't play Detroit for a while, we play Denver next. Detroit plays NO after we do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Good post. Don't forget we are 0-2 vs Sacramento another team we were supposed to beat....
    Raptors dont have anyone to challenge Cousins cant say Im surprised with that, he straight manhandled us down low couldnt stop him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    we don't play Detroit for a while, we play Denver next. Detroit plays NO after we do.
    Lol I I only saw the D on my phone thought it was Detroit lol

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They dont have the athleticism to match us on the wings. It would be wise if we run them out of the building.
    Last edited by enlightenment; Sun Feb 10th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    They dont have the athleticism to much us on the wings. It would be wise if we run them out of the building.
    Thats exactly whats going to happen.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Game Notes:

So to quote Shakespeare

No we are actually playing denver next
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    They dont have the athleticism to match us on the wings. It would be wise if we run them out of the building.
    Don't forget about Gordon.. he's a baller and if DeRozan doesn't show up in this game, it could be a long night.

Post Thanks / Like

Gordon can chuck + drive out of control, I expect to get a bunch of quick turnovers from him which lead to Rudy Gay lobs

But you are right, we need a stringy defense. If we dont bring the toughness from Indiana over we may see the Rook go off on us, Vasquez get a Triple Double, and Gordon abusing every hole in our Defense.

But I dont see how defensively they will stop Rudy, Demar, Lowry, and even Bargnani. Unless one of those 4 goes 2/20, I think we should match them offensively.

The game will really hinge on how many stops and fastbreaks we can get. If we get enough, it may be a shorter game than you imagine!

Post Thanks / Like

Gordan has a major size disadvantage tho. DeRozan can back him down all night, and just shoot over the top

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Felt we dropped the Boston game. The Indiana game was unexpected, so to me this is a MUST WIN!!!! Hard to take anyone seriously who says the next two games against Nuggs & Knicks are a lock. Chance perhaps, but not likely. But with two games against Washington & one against Cleveland on the other end of the break, my playoff hopes are still good for now.
    Last edited by RepRaptorsintheUSA; Sun Feb 10th, 2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Spelling as always

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, after the Boston game, this one is a must win.

Lets hope for some fire in our players eyes!

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Don't forget about Gordon.. he's a baller and if DeRozan doesn't show up in this game, it could be a long night.
    Also though, Gordon is hardly a superstar...I can see him quickly losing interest if he's getting pounded on in the post by Demar and his first couple of shots don't go in...

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In my mind the player to watch out for is Vasquez. He does a lot for them, and his size is problematic at PG, especially with Lucas as our primary backup now. He gets his team going, and opens the floor up a bit. We have to shut him down and keep on their shooters. Gordon is basically the only guy for them who can create his own shot, and he's a chucker, so shut down their ball movement by stifling Vasquez, and I think you totally destroy their ability to run any kind of offence.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information