View Poll Results: Would you swap Ross for Davis in the Gay trade if possible?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

34 40.48%
  • No.

50 59.52%
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Rudy Gay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't say he's "great", but he's adequate at getting his shot off. I just think this team has been saddled without any 1-on-1 creators for so long, Gay looks like the 2nd coming of Tim Hardaway in comparison
    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Gays handles arent that great hes just quite th athletic specimen to help him out with creation his size is great hard to stop when hes on the move, Dont let that fool you a lot of the time his handles are clumsy, but its not how you start its how you finish and hes always been great on those pulls ups and attacking the basket.
    I don't know, but, I mean, this guy really has a really, really good handle. He seems to be able to shake defenders off with so much ease. Great moves, smooth hesitations.. I don't know, regardless of his size, for a guy like him, his handles remind me near to Durant's. Long, smooth, quick handles. Just my eye.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

compared to oher SFs yes he does he can handle the ball a bit but its not LBJ Durant or Paul Pierce quality handles lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    compared to oher SFs yes he does he can handle the ball a bit but its not LBJ Durant or Paul Pierce quality handles lol.
    Eh, I still see him right there though. I'm a point guard, so, maybe I see handles a different way? :P Just my eye and my opinion.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Eh, I still see him right there though. I'm a point guard, so, maybe I see handles a different way? :P Just my eye and my opinion.
    his handle is good, but his skill level there is still what you'd call good for a SF. I used to play PG too, so I know what you mean...He's just very sound, and I think it goes with the high bball IQ. He doesn't have the slickest handle, or some crazy crossover/hesitation move or something, but he just is really fundamentally sound....keeps the ball low, can use both hands and go either way, protects the ball fairly well, doesn't "fix" his move, as in don't predetermine your move...this is a big problem with Demar, especially in other seasons. He'd catch the ball to make his move, but you'd always know where he's going, and he wouldn't hold himself back, say by putting the ball down, seeing the D is set, and changing his approach. Gay might catch the ball, put it down, see that he doesn't have anything, and dribble/maneuver a bit to create an opportunity/space....Again, most of these things are reflective of a high bball IQ and strong grasp of fundamentals.

i still wouldn't put him up there with a SF like LeBron, who's kind of a freak, but I don't see a huge gap between him and Durant there, and see their styles as very similar...Durant is still better...but I mean, he's probably the 2nd best player in the world right now, hands down, so it's ok to not be at that level.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Feb 11th, 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if people have been noticing the recognition the Raps and Gay have been getting from NBA.com.

Talent and athleticism is a wonderful thing.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When fellow TNT analyst Kenny Smith told Barkley he believed in the Raptors more than the Lakers, Barkley was quick to stop Smith in his tracks:

"That's two ugly girls, Kenny," Barkley said. "Who cares?
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...chard-deitsch/

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy fucking gay!

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

4-21 today. This is getting ridiculously bad. I know he's going to get credit but we wouldn't have gotten this win if it hasn't been for Lucas, AA and Demar stepping up.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ugly shooting night, but the fact that Carmelo had just as much trouble allows him off the hook. He played amazing defense when his offense was off, and any star that can do that is worth having.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    4-21 today. This is getting ridiculously bad. I know he's going to get credit but we wouldn't have gotten this win if it hasn't been for Lucas, AA and Demar stepping up.
    And it could be argued that Lucas, AA, and DeMar don't step up without Gay to take the attention.

Not to mention he had 8 rebs, 4 assists, a steal, a block, just one turnover in 41 minutes and some pretty good D all night.

I think many Raptors fans have been force fed "number 1 options" who can only contribute based on field goal attempts.

Raps are 5-2 with Rudy.
    6 opponents have been plus .500.
    Raps are 4-2 vs. those plus .500 teams after starting 1-18.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy Crap, since acquiring Gay, Raps blow out the Clippers, lose a 4th quarter lead to Boston, get edged by Miami, Outplay the Hornets, Get a Game Winner against Indiana, and a Game winner against Denver, then simply lock down on the Knicks.

In foresight, this stretch was going to spell the end of the season for us... These are quality teams. I cant wait to see what Toronto can do during the easier stretch coming up!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Gay does a whole lot more for the team than just score and hit the big shot, draws so much attention and his D is a lot better than it was in Memphis so engaged really wants to be a Raptor it seems.

All stars do more than score the ball, just glad that everyone is taking advantage of the scoring opps when he is on the floor.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He had a key stop against a Carmelo breakaway. Yay, points. Hmm, I'd take the win with him scoring 10 pts. and giving defensive intangibles all night long rather than him dropping 45pts and the team loses. More importantly, the fans that are grumbling about his poor shooting is reflective of some fans' fascination with Bargnani's scoring prowess. Here's the difference between the two: Gay defends and rebounds even when things aren't going his way offensively. As for Bargs, he's indifferent defensively when he's scoring and doesn't give two fucks defensively when he's not scoring.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Ya Gay's offense clearly wasnt on tonight but he still contributed you could tell that he was bothered but never gave up on other ways he could help the team. When Bargnani isnt scoring he is literally producing nothing. he doesnt even give a hard foul around the basket.... Bargnani is a cancer please Doctor remove it!

Rudy Gay is rallying the troops, Bargnani probably doesnt have anything to say in huddles too. Hes awful. Best thing about trading him is no more goddam Primo commercial they must be so ashamed running that when he is the least valuable guy on the roster.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In his first 6 games his gone up against some good defenses. That's the only reasoning I can think about. His a career. 455 field goal shooter.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to stop overlooking his shooting percentages, he's being asked to shoulder A LOT of shots since his arrival.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy's fg% should come back up, but I think people are highly, highly overrating his "clutch ability"... nevermind that I think "clutch" is a statistical anomaly anyway based on small sample size and every possession matters equally.

One year (might've been their championship year), the Mavs were winning virtually every close game and everybody was talking up how good they were in the clutch and how focused they were and how money Dirk was and the next season, they were right back to being around .500 in close games.

Relax. It's been seven games into Rudy's career with the Raptors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRX wrote: View Post
    Rudy's fg% should come back up, but I think people are highly, highly overrating his "clutch ability"... nevermind that I think "clutch" is a statistical anomaly anyway based on small sample size and every possession matters equally.

One year (might've been their championship year), the Mavs were winning virtually every close game and everybody was talking up how good they were in the clutch and how focused they were and how money Dirk was and the next season, they were right back to being around .500 in close games.

Why should we? He's clearly shown more, and has exceeded our expectations since his arrival.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Why should you what? o_O

Again, it's been seven games. Extremely small sample size, obviously.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRX wrote: View Post

We have a 19 game sample size where the Raptors are 1-18 versus +.500 teams.

We now have a 6 game sample size with Gay where the Raptors are 4-2 versus +.500 teams.

That is enough for me but I admit I might be easily impressed given the last few years of Raptor basketball.
    Tim Leiweke

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information