Gay sufferes from "Bargsitus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay sufferes from "Bargsitus"

Bargsitus is a debilitating shooting mechanic disorder whereby the shooter has a beautiful stroke and release on his jump shot but very little to no power comes from the legs in the shooting motion.

Causes of this disorder include fatigue but in the overwhelming majority of cases the shooter is likely not catching the ball ready to score. A common sight for a person with this disorder is catching the ball straight-legged and then bending at the knees to enter a shooting motion after the catch.

Side effects of this disorder include a low shooting percentage from three point range with many shots coming up short.

Rehabilitation for this disorder include strengthening the leg muscles but usually catching the ball with knees bent and ready to shoot is more than sufficient to push a beautiful stroke/release to the high 30% range on three point shot attempts.

+1000, you can tell with Bargs immediately after the shot if he had his legs in it or not!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Bargsitus is a debilitating shooting mechanic disorder whereby the shooter has a beautiful stroke and release on his jump shot but very little to no power comes from the legs in the shooting motion.

Causes of this disorder include fatigue but in the overwhelming majority of cases the shooter is likely not catching the ball ready to score. A common sight for a person with this disorder is catching the ball straight-legged and then bending at the knees to enter a shooting motion after the catch.

Side effects of this disorder include a low shooting percentage from three point range with many shots coming up short.

Rehabilitation for this disorder include strengthening the leg muscles but usually catching the ball with knees bent and ready to shoot is more than sufficient to push a beautiful stroke/release to the high 30% range on three point shot attempts.
      This disorder would example his Three Point shooting. His midrange jumper is good. It's just the threes 0/4 today. Went 8/19 for the night.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It just amazes me how easily fundamentals are lost on NBA players. From the moment of birth, we're taught to catch the ball in a triple-threat stance...which involves bent knees.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          It just amazes me how easily fundamentals are lost on NBA players. From the moment of birth, we're taught to catch the ball in a triple-threat stance...which involves bent knees.
          I thought about just typing that but it would have ruined the 4 paragraphs of drivel I typed in the OP.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I thought about just typing that but it would have ruined the 4 paragraphs of drivel I typed in the OP.
            So it has nothing to do with the fact that Casey has been running him non stop since he got here? Maybe Fatigue? Or am I missing the point of this thread?

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
              So it has nothing to do with the fact that Casey has been running him non stop since he got here? Maybe Fatigue? Or am I missing the point of this thread?
              I think the point is that if Rudy works on his shooting fundamentals this offseason, he'll get back to his career averages in terms of FG% and 3PFG%

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                if Rudy works on his shooting fundamentals this offseason, he'll get back to his career averages in terms of FG% and 3PFG%
                Seeking clarification:

Is this implying those fundamentals were once present but are no longer there?

Or implying that his 'career averages' were never reliant on these fundamentals that he now apparently lacks?

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                  I don't think so. He has always had high minutes throughout his career. Now I do think Casey needs to cut his minutes back 2-3 and hopefully a little more familiarity and a set rotation will help with that.... or maybe give Ross a few more minutes.

I did mention fatigue as a possibility but if you watch his three's he is not catching the ball in a triple threat.... much like Bargnani. Bargnani attempts were often straight line drives whereas Rudy's come up short but the cause of both is a lack of legs.

Comment

I noticed from last nights game that Rudy seemed to be making a conscious effort to put more legs in his shot. His legs were spread more and he seemed to get down pretty low. I think his 3 point percentage is getting to him mentally more than anything

Comment

Working...
                    X