Thread: Bargnani Trade

Raptors Republic Rookie Abdullah.is.solo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani Trade

I don't know if I'm reading to much into this.....but Bargnani was 100% healthy (as the puplic knew) until we found out he was a late game scratch due to Flu like symptoms prior tip-off + my friend who works at union station (shoutout to christian) told me that Bargnani jerseys & shirts just went on clearance sale at Real Sports. I might be reading to much into this, maybe Rudy Gay's jersey sales are affecting Primo pasta's sales.

Raptors nation let me know what you think, am I reading to much into this? or do you guys think a trade is happening very soon.

Raptors Republic Rookie Reyaz123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Being realistic, I believe a trade is imminent. Bargnani's time on the court only proved he could still play. BC is just playing it safe so that bargs trade value doesn't take a dip.

Raptors Republic Rookie Abdullah.is.solo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
    Being realistic, I believe a trade is imminent. Bargnani's time on the court only proved he could still play. BC is just playing it safe so that bargs trade value doesn't take a dip.
    +1

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At SportChek, Bargnani's jersey is selling for $1.13

I kid you not. Maybe it was an error in the system, but DAMNNNNNN
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

at $1.13 id get 3
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope he isn't traded unless we're getting back someone good. I don't want to get stuck with a Gasol or other overpaid player for multiple years.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend who works at a famous Italian eatery (shoutout to Rob) saw Bargnani eat lunch there today and he instead of his usual pasta he was eating beef steak!! I don't know if we should reading too much into it.....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

lmao.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i have the Toronto Raptors 'Liked' on my FB page.

They were announcing that Bargnani jerseys were on sale this week for $70.

What a joke, I had a great laugh. $70 lol, I'd pay maybe $7 and that's a big maybe
    Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
    Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
    Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    I really hope he isn't traded unless we're getting back someone good. I don't want to get stuck with a Gasol or other overpaid player for multiple years.
    Gasol is still a legit all-star (with championship experience) and just 1 year left on his deal. How would he affect us for "multiple years"?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The latest being Bargnani for Ilyasova. The trade works under the cap rules. source
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Gasol isn't particularly overpaid! His contract is big, but he is still producing at an all-star level when Howard isn't playing along side him. Besides, he's an 19 million dollar expiring contract next year anyways, so it's whatever....

Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there was an amare for bargs trade a while back that was rumoured but I think that could be the right deal for us, say possibly if they include shumpert to the deal..something on the lines of this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bjbgbqt

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Checkines wrote: View Post
    I know there was an amare for bargs trade a while back that was rumoured but I think that could be the right deal for us, say possibly if they include shumpert to the deal..something on the lines of this:

I would support this trade more than a trade for Boozer

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Checkines wrote: View Post

how does that deal make any sense for NY? And why would we want Amar'e's uninsured knees? I doubt NY wants a guy like Bargs that badly, and the rest of the pieces they have ABSOLUTELY NO USE FOR. Not convinced Amar'e can hold up for a starter's role anymore, and paying 20 million for a backup who could fall apart at any moment seems unwise, to say the least...

Obviously if he was the old Amar'e, I'd do this, but if he were that, I don't think NY will trade him. Oh, and also, NY is really big on Shumpert and he's maybe their best perimeter defender.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Feb 11th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    how does that deal make any sense for NY? And why would we want Amar'e's uninsured knees? I doubt NY wants a guy like Bargs that badly, and the rest of the pieces they have ABSOLUTELY NO USE FOR. Not convinced Amar'e can hold up for a starter's role anymore, and paying 20 million for a backup who could fall apart at any moment seems unwise, to say the least...

Obviously if he was the old Amar'e, I'd do this, but if he were that, I don't think NY will trade him. Oh, and also, NY is really big on Shumpert and he's maybe their best perimeter defender.
    Clearly the other pieces would be useless I think that is without saying. Teams are not just going to be willing to take a large contract like that without gaining draft picks or a young player of worth...Amare's contract expires right around when players such as Ross and Val will be looking for extensions...I would say Amare with more time is a plenty viable big

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post

I wouldn't touch Amare with a ten foot pole either.. however Shumpert is someone that NY is interested in dealing. I guess he's not turning out to be the same player he was prior to his ACL injury. NY is looking for a guy that can shoot the ball - someone like Reddick or Korver and rumours out there suggest that Shumpert is available.

I don't like ACL injuries.. wouldn't want Shumpert either because of that.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What about building on the Ilyasova rumour and bring Utah into the trade to get Milsap? If Milwaukee is willing to move Ersan for Bargs maybe we can swing Ersan to Utah for Milsap as they need a scoring SF and there could be some chemistry between the two Turks? May have to sweeten the deal and take Goodens crappy contract but swap Kleiza in the deal also then it doesn't look as bad. Resign Milsap as our starting PF at a reasonable contract and Bob's your uncle!

Trade machine is not saving but it works out

Toronto gets Milsap , Tinsley , Gooden
    Milwaukee gets Bargs , Kleiza
    Utah gets Ilyasova , Anderson

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=b8gdlqs

After we look like this

Lowry / Tinsley / Lucas
    DeRozan / Ross /
    Gay / Fields / Pietrus
    Milsap / Amir / Gooden / Acy
    JV / Gray / Haddadi

Offseason will be focused on resigning Milsap , signing a quality C backup and a back up PG

Any reasons why the 3 teams would not participate in this trade?
    Last edited by GoHuskies; Wed Feb 13th, 2013 at 07:41 AM.

Thread Information