Bargnani Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    how does that deal make any sense for NY? And why would we want Amar'e's uninsured knees? I doubt NY wants a guy like Bargs that badly, and the rest of the pieces they have ABSOLUTELY NO USE FOR. Not convinced Amar'e can hold up for a starter's role anymore, and paying 20 million for a backup who could fall apart at any moment seems unwise, to say the least...

Obviously if he was the old Amar'e, I'd do this, but if he were that, I don't think NY will trade him. Oh, and also, NY is really big on Shumpert and he's maybe their best perimeter defender.
    Clearly the other pieces would be useless I think that is without saying. Teams are not just going to be willing to take a large contract like that without gaining draft picks or a young player of worth...Amare's contract expires right around when players such as Ross and Val will be looking for extensions...I would say Amare with more time is a plenty viable big

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      how does that deal make any sense for NY? And why would we want Amar'e's uninsured knees? I doubt NY wants a guy like Bargs that badly, and the rest of the pieces they have ABSOLUTELY NO USE FOR. Not convinced Amar'e can hold up for a starter's role anymore, and paying 20 million for a backup who could fall apart at any moment seems unwise, to say the least...

Obviously if he was the old Amar'e, I'd do this, but if he were that, I don't think NY will trade him. Oh, and also, NY is really big on Shumpert and he's maybe their best perimeter defender.
      I wouldn't touch Amare with a ten foot pole either.. however Shumpert is someone that NY is interested in dealing. I guess he's not turning out to be the same player he was prior to his ACL injury. NY is looking for a guy that can shoot the ball - someone like Reddick or Korver and rumours out there suggest that Shumpert is available.

I don't like ACL injuries.. wouldn't want Shumpert either because of that.

Comment

What about building on the Ilyasova rumour and bring Utah into the trade to get Milsap? If Milwaukee is willing to move Ersan for Bargs maybe we can swing Ersan to Utah for Milsap as they need a scoring SF and there could be some chemistry between the two Turks? May have to sweeten the deal and take Goodens crappy contract but swap Kleiza in the deal also then it doesn't look as bad. Resign Milsap as our starting PF at a reasonable contract and Bob's your uncle!

Trade machine is not saving but it works out

Toronto gets Milsap , Tinsley , Gooden
        Milwaukee gets Bargs , Kleiza
        Utah gets Ilyasova , Anderson

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=b8gdlqs

After we look like this

Lowry / Tinsley / Lucas
        DeRozan / Ross /
        Gay / Fields / Pietrus
        Milsap / Amir / Gooden / Acy
        JV / Gray / Haddadi

Offseason will be focused on resigning Milsap , signing a quality C backup and a back up PG

Any reasons why the 3 teams would not participate in this trade?
        Last edited by GoHuskies; Wed Feb 13, 2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X