Trade which works out !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade which works out !

I think a good trade for the Raptor's to make is Paul Millsap and Alex Burks for A Bargnani. It works out with the trade machine and we get a back up PG and a young strong PF. Also Utah wants to trade Millsap!

It may work numbers-wise as far as the salaries are concerned but would Utah possibly consider this? I somehow think not!
    Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

I don't think the Jazz would be interested. They are trying to get playing time for their young PF's and I think Jefferson can be resigned for a lower salary than Bargs. I would love To have Millsap on this team... Without giving away Rudy, Demar, Ross, Jonas or Lowry.

Another player that has been in rumours is Iman Shumpert. He would be a great fit for this team. An agressive defender at the point, could be the perfect back up for this team.

Millsap and Shumpert are my dream acquisitions at this point.

Comment

Did somebody say Burksy?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The only way I see Millsap ending up in Toronto is if he agrees to sign here and then a S&T deal is worked out with Utah, but it would almost definitely cost the Raps DeRozan (to make salaries match). I don't see Utah having interest in Bargnani, seeing as they are only letting Millsap walk (likely) because of their C/PF logjam. They would re-sign Millsap before trading for Bargnani.

For the record, I would support a DeRozan-for-Millsap trade. Bargnani could then be traded for a wing player and a backup PG.

Comment

Calgary, would you support a DeRozan for Millsap trade without a Millsap extension? Or is this deal for you dependent upon an extension being previously agreed to and signed?

I would only be open to such a trade if Millsap had signed an agreeable extension. There is no point to trading an asset such as DeRozan for a two month rental.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
              Calgary, would you support a DeRozan for Millsap trade without a Millsap extension? Or is this deal for you dependent upon an extension being previously agreed to and signed?

I would only be open to such a trade if Millsap had signed an agreeable extension. There is no point to trading an asset such as DeRozan for a two month rental.
              Yeah, these endless "trade for Millsap" suggestions in threads are pie-in-the-sky silliness, and getting tiring. He's a UFA July 1, and can't be signed-and-traded until then. So, trading Bargs or DD for him before then will not happen. BC is not trading either for a 2 month rental. When he becomes a UFA, Millsap would be an idiot to not explore the entire NBA landscape for a contract, team, location that suits his fancy. Does anybody think the odds are good that he'd choose the Raptors? Seriously? Why?

Comment

What do you guys think about some kind of a Bargnani for Josh Smith trade scenerio? Smith would be great at PF for us.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post

I just posted in a thread in the main forum that I could see a DeRozan for Millsap S&T deal getting done in the offseason. Utah is desperate for a good wing and their salaries would match. That would mean that Millsap has voluntarily committed to signing in Toronto, which can't be done until the offseason (also makes sense because of DD's 'poison pill provision' in his contract when it comes to making trades, which expires July 1st).

I agree that trading DeRozan for a good player that is on an expiring contract is a bad idea.

I wonder how many teams could do all this:
                  - guarantee starting PF role for Millsap
                  - good young roster to grow with
                  - pay him the big bucks and offer something of value to Utah to entice them to work a S&T

Comment

We Love it!

RYE wrote: View Post
                    What do you guys think about some kind of a Bargnani for Josh Smith trade scenerio? Smith would be great at PF for us.
                    We would absolutely be OVER JOY'd!!! LOL what did you expect?

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                      We would absolutely be OVER JOY'd!!! LOL what did you expect?
                      Well it just doesn't seem to be talked about. Could almost do a straight up trade since Smith only has 1 year left on his contract @$13mil and Bargs has 3 @10mil. If ATL doesn't foresee keeping Smith I wonder if they'd be interested in some kind of simple trade. Horford and Bargnani could be an interesting 4/5 combo in ATL, and a rotation of Smith/Amir/Val at the 4/5 spots for the Raps would provide some interesting matchups, athleticism and defense in the post.

Comment

Well it just doesn't seem to be talked about. Could almost do a straight up trade since Smith only has 1 year left on his contract @$13mil and Bargs has 3 @10mil. If ATL doesn't foresee keeping Smith I wonder if they'd be interested in some kind of simple trade. Horford and Bargnani could be an interesting 4/5 combo in ATL, and a rotation of Smith/Amir/Val at the 4/5 spots for the Raps would provide some interesting matchups, athleticism and defense in the post.
                        Barring an exceptional trade offer (which Bargnani is not), I think Atlanta will keep Smith as bait to lure Howard home in the offseason. I can't see them having any use for Bargnani, especially with Horford under contract.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Barring an exceptional trade offer (which Bargnani is not), I think Atlanta will keep Smith as bait to lure Howard home in the offseason. I can't see them having any use for Bargnani, especially with Horford under contract.
                          Ya that's possible. BUT if Smith could be signed long-term, I would absolutely consider trading Bargs & Ross for Josh Smith.

Comment

Ya that's possible. BUT if Smith could be signed long-term, I would absolutely consider trading Bargs & Ross for Josh Smith.
                            The problem with that is that Smith (or any other expiring contract) can't be signed long-term as part of a trade during the season. Sign & Trade deals can only be done in the offseason.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bjbgbqt

Rather something on the lines of this, if possible, we take back huge contract to include someone like Shump

Comment

Working...
                              X