Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: 22-9 or 21-10

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,806
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Hollinger, like him or not, is going to be a GM someday. Maybe he'll succeed BC.......
    Lol he is going to be complete garbage.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey, NoProps, please put me on your ignore list. Thank you

  3. #43
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Back to the original thread, and not Hollinger.

    We are 4-2 since Gay trade, all wins against solid teams (Clippers, Indiana, New Orleans, Denver), losses against teams we could have beaten (Boston, Miami).

    Says a lot about what Gay has done for this team. Miles more than Ed and Jose has done. Changed the team dynamics, added leadership, and brought - the key thing in my opinion - talent.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Back to the original thread, and not Hollinger.

    We are 4-2 since Gay trade, all wins against solid teams (Clippers, Indiana, New Orleans, Denver), losses against teams we could have beaten (Boston, Miami).

    Says a lot about what Gay has done for this team. Miles more than Ed and Jose has done. Changed the team dynamics, added leadership, and brought - the key thing in my opinion - talent.
    Yup. Add talent, and let the pieces fall into place (instead of worrying about assist to turnover ratios, lol).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    While I still think that the playoffs are a long shot for this year, I am just happy that the draft pick we are giving up this year should now be out of the top 10.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What about Rudy Gay for MVP if we manage to make a playoffs? At least it worth a consideration, and Sheridanhoops have already added him in #10 place on the MVP candidates list
    Last edited by japetas; Wed Feb 13th, 2013 at 09:43 AM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Back to the original thread, and not Hollinger.

    We are 4-2 since Gay trade, all wins against solid teams (Clippers, Indiana, New Orleans, Denver), losses against teams we could have beaten (Boston, Miami).

    Says a lot about what Gay has done for this team. Miles more than Ed and Jose has done. Changed the team dynamics, added leadership, and brought - the key thing in my opinion - talent.
    In the NBA, you can have the best bench in the world and the 5 best supporting cast guys ever. If the opponent has the best player, you are screwed. Jose is a real solid player and Davis is fine but they are supporting cast members. I would trade 4 of those guys to get a #1 or #2 option.

    It's the one thing I don't think that the advanced analytics have figured out yet for basketball. You can measure the box score stats and try to isolate individual plays but the impact that elite guys have on the game goes beyond individual plays into how they distort the game and affect the way the other team approaches the game.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @Reuben I wouldnt Call the Pelicans a good team but ya If we didnt have Gay Im pretty sure Raps would have fumbled that game.

  9. #49
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yup. Add talent, and let the pieces fall into place (instead of worrying about assist to turnover ratios, lol).
    Lowry > Jose. Been playing at least NEAR the guy we had hoped for during the beginning of the season.

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    In the NBA, you can have the best bench in the world and the 5 best supporting cast guys ever. If the opponent has the best player, you are screwed. Jose is a real solid player and Davis is fine but they are supporting cast members. I would trade 4 of those guys to get a #1 or #2 option.

    It's the one thing I don't think that the advanced analytics have figured out yet for basketball. You can measure the box score stats and try to isolate individual plays but the impact that elite guys have on the game goes beyond individual plays into how they distort the game and affect the way the other team approaches the game.
    That's why. Stats don't lie, but neither do they tell the whole story. There's just so much more to basketball than statistics.. The roster, the system, the coach, the distractions, the fans, etc, etc, AND etc. Toronto easily won this trade, for the near future, and the long term.

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    @Reuben I wouldnt Call the Pelicans a good team but ya If we didnt have Gay Im pretty sure Raps would have fumbled that game.
    New Orleans HornetsaPelicans has really good raw, young talent. Their record doesn't prove it, but they've been able to beat and challenge some solid teams this season. Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon, Grevis Vazquez, Austin Rivers, Ryan Anderson. This team will be great in the future.

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    6 games back of the 8th spot with 29 games left to play.

    If the Raps finish the season 19-10 there's a good chance they might sneak in.

    PS: Raps are 17-13 the last 30 games.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    6 games back of the 8th spot with 29 games left to play.

    If the Raps finish the season 19-10 there's a good chance they might sneak in.

    PS: Raps are 17-13 the last 30 games.
    Fairly easy schedule to finish off, too. Bunch of games against Charlotte, Detroit, Washington..also 2 against Milwaukee, we would need to win both of those.

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Again I want to add last 5 games aare no joke. Call me the blind optimist but I do think the Raps can make it, they have the underdogs mentality and are playing very inspired, cause as a whole the team is playing with a lot more tenacity and grit.

    Big day when we see Knicks again on the 22nd and hopefully beating the Grizzlies for Rudy Gay to lift his spirits (put his old team behind him kind of thing.

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think they could go 21-10. Then get their asses handed to them by Miami.

    If the knicks stay in 2nd in the conference, we have a series.

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If (that's a big '"if", I know....) the Raptors squeeze into the 8th seed, I could actually see them winning one of the 2 home games.

    Heat in 5, lol
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My prediction based on the schedule:
    16 wins
    11 losses

    Currently:
    Home Record 14-13 - 12 games to play
    Road Record 7-19 - 15 games to play

    We have 3 games vs the Knicks - I gave us 1 of the 3 (home game), but don't see them winning 2 of 3 (2 on the road).

    Both games vs Milwaukee are on the road after playing the night before (vs Pacers and T-Wolves). I gave us the wins, but those aren't easy games at all.

    We have 5 back-back sets with the second games being Memphis, @ Milwaukee, @ NYK (home and away set), @ Milwaukee, Boston. The Boston one is the final game of the season.

    Last week: Bkn, Atl, Bos - depending on play-off seeds, these games could be "rest" games for the other teams. Plus if Atlanta trades Josh Smith then who knows what their team will be like.

    Tough road games of: GSW, LAL, Bos, Min, Chi, NYK
    Teams we 100% should beat: Washington 4 games, Cleveland 2 games, Detroit 2 games (Jose factor in full-effect).


    2/19 @Wash W
    2/20 Mem L
    2/22 NYK L
    2/25 Was W
    2/27 @Cle W
    3/01 Ind L
    3/02 @Mil W
    3/04 @GSW L
    3/06 @ Phx W
    3/08 @ LAL L
    3/10 Cle W
    3/13 @ Bos L
    3/15 @ Cha W
    3/22 NYK W
    3/23 @NYK L
    3/27 Atl W
    3/29 @ Det W
    3/31 @ Was W
    4/01 Det W
    4/03 Was W
    4/05 @ Min L
    4/06 @ Mil W
    4/09 @ Chi L
    4/12 Chi L
    4/14 Bkn W
    4/16 @Atl L
    4/17 Bos W


    At the end of it, we will finish 10th in the East and give up a late lottery pick to OKC but will have high hopes for the future.

  16. #56
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If we win BOTH against Milwaukee that represents a four game swing no? So really we just need to play 500 basketball +3 wins and take both games to be 8th seed

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Milwaukee's schedule. I predict 14 wins 17 losses. Raps don't make up the difference. (B2B means back-to-back 2nd game).

    Bkn L
    @Bkn B2B L
    ATL W
    @DAL W
    @HOU B2B L
    TOR L
    UTA L
    @LAC L
    @GSW L
    @SAC B2B W
    Dal W
    @WAS B2B W
    Mia L
    Orl W
    Por W
    @ATL B2B L
    @IND L
    Atl W
    @PHI W
    LAL B2B - L
    OKC - L
    CHA W
    MIN L
    @NYK L
    TOR L
    @MIA L
    @Orl B2B W
    @Atl L
    @Cha B2B W
    Den W
    @OKC W

  18. #58
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    If we win BOTH against Milwaukee that represents a four game swing no? So really we just need to play 500 basketball +3 wins and take both games to be 8th seed
    Keen observation.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  19. #59
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    26 games left. If the Raps finish the season 17-11 they'll be in the playoffs. Looking at the sked, not gonna be easy but VERY doable.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  20. #60
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Beat the knicks twice
    Blew out the Clippers
    Beat the Nuggets
    Beat the Pelicans
    Beat the Wizards
    Beat the Pacers

    We have a serious team on our hands!
    Losing to Boston, Miami, and Memphis? Thats acceptable!

    7-3 since Rudy came to town!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •