Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 22-9 or 21-10

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Hollinger, like him or not, is going to be a GM someday. Maybe he'll succeed BC.......
    Lol he is going to be complete garbage.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, NoProps, please put me on your ignore list. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Back to the original thread, and not Hollinger.

We are 4-2 since Gay trade, all wins against solid teams (Clippers, Indiana, New Orleans, Denver), losses against teams we could have beaten (Boston, Miami).

Says a lot about what Gay has done for this team. Miles more than Ed and Jose has done. Changed the team dynamics, added leadership, and brought - the key thing in my opinion - talent.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

We are 4-2 since Gay trade, all wins against solid teams (Clippers, Indiana, New Orleans, Denver), losses against teams we could have beaten (Boston, Miami).

Says a lot about what Gay has done for this team. Miles more than Ed and Jose has done. Changed the team dynamics, added leadership, and brought - the key thing in my opinion - talent.
    Yup. Add talent, and let the pieces fall into place (instead of worrying about assist to turnover ratios, lol).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

While I still think that the playoffs are a long shot for this year, I am just happy that the draft pick we are giving up this year should now be out of the top 10.

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Rudy Gay for MVP if we manage to make a playoffs? At least it worth a consideration, and Sheridanhoops have already added him in #10 place on the MVP candidates list
    Last edited by japetas; Wed Feb 13th, 2013 at 09:43 AM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

In the NBA, you can have the best bench in the world and the 5 best supporting cast guys ever. If the opponent has the best player, you are screwed. Jose is a real solid player and Davis is fine but they are supporting cast members. I would trade 4 of those guys to get a #1 or #2 option.

It's the one thing I don't think that the advanced analytics have figured out yet for basketball. You can measure the box score stats and try to isolate individual plays but the impact that elite guys have on the game goes beyond individual plays into how they distort the game and affect the way the other team approaches the game.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@Reuben I wouldnt Call the Pelicans a good team but ya If we didnt have Gay Im pretty sure Raps would have fumbled that game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yup. Add talent, and let the pieces fall into place (instead of worrying about assist to turnover ratios, lol).
    Lowry > Jose. Been playing at least NEAR the guy we had hoped for during the beginning of the season.

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    In the NBA, you can have the best bench in the world and the 5 best supporting cast guys ever. If the opponent has the best player, you are screwed. Jose is a real solid player and Davis is fine but they are supporting cast members. I would trade 4 of those guys to get a #1 or #2 option.

It's the one thing I don't think that the advanced analytics have figured out yet for basketball. You can measure the box score stats and try to isolate individual plays but the impact that elite guys have on the game goes beyond individual plays into how they distort the game and affect the way the other team approaches the game.
    That's why. Stats don't lie, but neither do they tell the whole story. There's just so much more to basketball than statistics.. The roster, the system, the coach, the distractions, the fans, etc, etc, AND etc. Toronto easily won this trade, for the near future, and the long term.

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    @Reuben I wouldnt Call the Pelicans a good team but ya If we didnt have Gay Im pretty sure Raps would have fumbled that game.
    New Orleans HornetsaPelicans has really good raw, young talent. Their record doesn't prove it, but they've been able to beat and challenge some solid teams this season. Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon, Grevis Vazquez, Austin Rivers, Ryan Anderson. This team will be great in the future.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

6 games back of the 8th spot with 29 games left to play.

If the Raps finish the season 19-10 there's a good chance they might sneak in.

PS: Raps are 17-13 the last 30 games.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    6 games back of the 8th spot with 29 games left to play.

If the Raps finish the season 19-10 there's a good chance they might sneak in.

PS: Raps are 17-13 the last 30 games.
    Fairly easy schedule to finish off, too. Bunch of games against Charlotte, Detroit, Washington..also 2 against Milwaukee, we would need to win both of those.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Again I want to add last 5 games aare no joke. Call me the blind optimist but I do think the Raps can make it, they have the underdogs mentality and are playing very inspired, cause as a whole the team is playing with a lot more tenacity and grit.

Big day when we see Knicks again on the 22nd and hopefully beating the Grizzlies for Rudy Gay to lift his spirits (put his old team behind him kind of thing.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they could go 21-10. Then get their asses handed to them by Miami.

If the knicks stay in 2nd in the conference, we have a series.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If (that's a big '"if", I know....) the Raptors squeeze into the 8th seed, I could actually see them winning one of the 2 home games.

Heat in 5, lol
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction based on the schedule:
    16 wins
    11 losses

Currently:
    Home Record 14-13 - 12 games to play
    Road Record 7-19 - 15 games to play

We have 3 games vs the Knicks - I gave us 1 of the 3 (home game), but don't see them winning 2 of 3 (2 on the road).

Both games vs Milwaukee are on the road after playing the night before (vs Pacers and T-Wolves). I gave us the wins, but those aren't easy games at all.

We have 5 back-back sets with the second games being Memphis, @ Milwaukee, @ NYK (home and away set), @ Milwaukee, Boston. The Boston one is the final game of the season.

Last week: Bkn, Atl, Bos - depending on play-off seeds, these games could be "rest" games for the other teams. Plus if Atlanta trades Josh Smith then who knows what their team will be like.

Tough road games of: GSW, LAL, Bos, Min, Chi, NYK
    Teams we 100% should beat: Washington 4 games, Cleveland 2 games, Detroit 2 games (Jose factor in full-effect).

2/19 @Wash W
    2/20 Mem L
    2/22 NYK L
    2/25 Was W
    2/27 @Cle W
    3/01 Ind L
    3/02 @Mil W
    3/04 @GSW L
    3/06 @ Phx W
    3/08 @ LAL L
    3/10 Cle W
    3/13 @ Bos L
    3/15 @ Cha W
    3/22 NYK W
    3/23 @NYK L
    3/27 Atl W
    3/29 @ Det W
    3/31 @ Was W
    4/01 Det W
    4/03 Was W
    4/05 @ Min L
    4/06 @ Mil W
    4/09 @ Chi L
    4/12 Chi L
    4/14 Bkn W
    4/16 @Atl L
    4/17 Bos W

At the end of it, we will finish 10th in the East and give up a late lottery pick to OKC but will have high hopes for the future.

Post Thanks / Like

If we win BOTH against Milwaukee that represents a four game swing no? So really we just need to play 500 basketball +3 wins and take both games to be 8th seed

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Milwaukee's schedule. I predict 14 wins 17 losses. Raps don't make up the difference. (B2B means back-to-back 2nd game).

Bkn L
    @Bkn B2B L
    ATL W
    @DAL W
    @HOU B2B L
    TOR L
    UTA L
    @LAC L
    @GSW L
    @SAC B2B W
    Dal W
    @WAS B2B W
    Mia L
    Orl W
    Por W
    @ATL B2B L
    @IND L
    Atl W
    @PHI W
    LAL B2B - L
    OKC - L
    CHA W
    MIN L
    @NYK L
    TOR L
    @MIA L
    @Orl B2B W
    @Atl L
    @Cha B2B W
    Den W
    @OKC W

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    If we win BOTH against Milwaukee that represents a four game swing no? So really we just need to play 500 basketball +3 wins and take both games to be 8th seed
    Keen observation.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

26 games left. If the Raps finish the season 17-11 they'll be in the playoffs. Looking at the sked, not gonna be easy but VERY doable.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Beat the knicks twice
    Blew out the Clippers
    Beat the Nuggets
    Beat the Pelicans
    Beat the Wizards
    Beat the Pacers

We have a serious team on our hands!
    Losing to Boston, Miami, and Memphis? Thats acceptable!

7-3 since Rudy came to town!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information